Character
    Moonja
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

Please close Asura

Pretty self-explanatory.

Asura does not need any new characters. Nor do we need the people who do constant server transfers to sell things on Asura and further kill the already destroyed economy.

Just close Asura. As a bonus, make anyone that gets banned also have to move servers.
    (6)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Asura is flooded with accounts that utilize gil farming bots. It's by far the issue that needs to be addressed on Asura.
    (1)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    Asura is flooded with accounts that utilize gil farming bots. It's by far the issue that needs to be addressed on Asura.
    its easy if you see a bot or think you find a bot just file a special task force report or a gm report and they will work it out. its the best way to deal with them.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Honestrly I think the game is way better on any other server at this point. It was a mistake to get people to pile on asura.
    (5)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It is not a nice place to be for genuine players, especially players who played FFXI in the hay day. The community is dead and any kind of challenges have been taken out the game because people creating 'fake parties' by multi-boxing are selling everything and anything (Job points, treasure, EXP, clears, you name it).

Give FFXI the justice it deserves and rid of this culture of toxicity.
    (4)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

First 15mins of logging in

First 15mins of logging into the game (GMT time)

PATHETIC!
    (4)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Billboard advertising in /yell is being done by accounts using intrusive third party programs to either procure what they're advertising, spam the yell channel or both.
    (3)

Character
    Alfrilout
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 37
    Billboard advertising in /yell is being done by accounts using intrusive third party programs to either procure what they're advertising, spam the yell channel or both.
    I have been on Asura since I started the game 9000 years ago. If you don't understand how medal duping and other people doing constant server transfers to sell items on Asura is bad for the economy then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ That doesn't mean I don't want the prices of things I sell to make gil to go back to what they used to be. There is no reason to keep letting more new accounts be made on Asura. Make new people play on a server where they actually have to play the game. And when RMT/bot accounts get banned, they can't just go make a new account in 6 hours and be right back doing the same thing.
    This is getting ridiculous, ppl making money by using bots and lots of alt characters, it is rare to find an exp pty as everyone is jumping into mercenary one. And when you finally get an exp party, you'll have to fight over an army of bots using all the best camp. It is easy to recognize ppl using automated action. A GM Call wont do anything as they are unable since STF to do something, we have to rely on a website to report and not doing it in game. Please, Square Enix...
    1. How do you know 3rd party software is being used? Yes sure it could look like it, but how do you know for certain? Reason I'm saying this, is right now, there is a big converstaion on FF14 about 3rd party software being used to remotely place waypoints in battles, and SE decided to do a blanket change that really fubars all types of players because of a teeny tiny handful of jerks.

Some players have brought up the point of "What about using something like EasyCheat" to catch those who do it? Well, SE is against it, and I'm not sure how many people here would like to have some program sniffing around their pc and screwing stuff up (it went over VERY poorly on FF14 forums).

2. I don't know about medal duping, but if SE has not stopped it being done, they they personally don't see it as an issue IMO. As for transfers, I am of the likemind that you should only be able to transfer servers once in a 30 day period. Or heck, just once over all per character or something.

3. One needs to understand how bots/RMT account work. When an account gets banned, they completely abandon it, get another credit card number (usually stolen from those who bought gil through them or other means) and just create another account with that. So they will be back to doing what they do in less than an hour.

4. We have the same issue in FF14, where we can clearly see botting is being done, but nothing seems to be done about it no matter how much we report it. Those same botters are around months later, and even to this day they still are years later (no joke).

So what can be done about it? Hm ...

Honestly, these few concerns/aggrivations are all on SE's side to deal with. But one can at least try with bringing down the prices on the AH. It is different than what I'm used to but if you see the prices go up, do what you can to bring them down.

Overall it's frustrating. But it seems to be the norm in many MMOs of the times. Remember, that as much as the devs do to stop these things, hackers and RMTers will find ways to get around it .. and the circle continues.
    (1)

Character
    Lilfufu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So you want to close Asura? If you dont like it then move! Nothing says you have to join the merc shouts. You can filter out the shouts and yells deemed spam in chat filter settings. I left Odin a long while back becasuse i wanted to get things done. There are so many people on asura that if you shout for real parties its really easy to get people to join. Also, there are a lot of peeps who are turned off by the mercs that if you advertise as free people jump to join too. Also, just because you multibox does not mean you are a merc. I tribox and I don't sell crap. I have a cor and bard alt to help me. If i want to spend my money made from crawling around power plants and keeping the planes in the air and the chemical facilities running, which i do, by the way, its my business. I have come across a lot of haters who snub multiboxers, and i laugh at them. You can make 3x as much gil from ambuscade with 3 accounts. But i pay more than you and have to gear 3 characters also. But you can still play the game with one account and be fine. Its soooooo easy to make gil but peeps are sooooooo freaking lazy. Its amazing. Sure there are a lot of mercs but SE is not going to do anything about it because they are understaffed and they are making money off them. Peeps have been crying about it for years but it won't change. Just let it go, move servers, or go play 14!
    (5)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja4life View Post
    So you want to close Asura? If you dont like it then move! Nothing says you have to join the merc shouts. You can filter out the shouts and yells deemed spam in chat filter settings.
    No you don't have to join mercs, and mercs have always been around (in more of a hush hush way in the old days). Now its merc overkill, and instead of people getting together and doing stuff as they would be doing if mercs didn't exist, then the game would be far more enjoyable. People like the easy option of getting stuff from mercs, because they are there, but it is self-defeating and detrimental to the game.

Filter the screenshot I took. We have one content yell, where somebody is asking for well geared jobs. My blist is full, it caps at 100, I can't add anymore people (despite requesting the cap to be higher numerous times).

Mercing also encourages third party tools. Unless you are sitting surrounded by three PC's/laptops, you are running three instances of the game at once which would not happen in its native form and without the use of third party software.
    The same third party software that opens up Pandora's box in terms of cheat tools, as we saw once again quite recently.
    (3)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast