Character
    Moonja
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

Please close Asura

Pretty self-explanatory.

Asura does not need any new characters. Nor do we need the people who do constant server transfers to sell things on Asura and further kill the already destroyed economy.

Just close Asura. As a bonus, make anyone that gets banned also have to move servers.
    (6)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Asura is flooded with accounts that utilize gil farming bots. It's by far the issue that needs to be addressed on Asura.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Honestrly I think the game is way better on any other server at this point. It was a mistake to get people to pile on asura.
    (5)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It is not a nice place to be for genuine players, especially players who played FFXI in the hay day. The community is dead and any kind of challenges have been taken out the game because people creating 'fake parties' by multi-boxing are selling everything and anything (Job points, treasure, EXP, clears, you name it).

Give FFXI the justice it deserves and rid of this culture of toxicity.
    (4)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

First 15mins of logging in

First 15mins of logging into the game (GMT time)

PATHETIC!
    (4)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Billboard advertising in /yell is being done by accounts using intrusive third party programs to either procure what they're advertising, spam the yell channel or both.
    (3)

Character
    Lilfufu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So you want to close Asura? If you dont like it then move! Nothing says you have to join the merc shouts. You can filter out the shouts and yells deemed spam in chat filter settings. I left Odin a long while back becasuse i wanted to get things done. There are so many people on asura that if you shout for real parties its really easy to get people to join. Also, there are a lot of peeps who are turned off by the mercs that if you advertise as free people jump to join too. Also, just because you multibox does not mean you are a merc. I tribox and I don't sell crap. I have a cor and bard alt to help me. If i want to spend my money made from crawling around power plants and keeping the planes in the air and the chemical facilities running, which i do, by the way, its my business. I have come across a lot of haters who snub multiboxers, and i laugh at them. You can make 3x as much gil from ambuscade with 3 accounts. But i pay more than you and have to gear 3 characters also. But you can still play the game with one account and be fine. Its soooooo easy to make gil but peeps are sooooooo freaking lazy. Its amazing. Sure there are a lot of mercs but SE is not going to do anything about it because they are understaffed and they are making money off them. Peeps have been crying about it for years but it won't change. Just let it go, move servers, or go play 14!
    (5)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja4life View Post
    So you want to close Asura? If you dont like it then move! Nothing says you have to join the merc shouts. You can filter out the shouts and yells deemed spam in chat filter settings.
    No you don't have to join mercs, and mercs have always been around (in more of a hush hush way in the old days). Now its merc overkill, and instead of people getting together and doing stuff as they would be doing if mercs didn't exist, then the game would be far more enjoyable. People like the easy option of getting stuff from mercs, because they are there, but it is self-defeating and detrimental to the game.

Filter the screenshot I took. We have one content yell, where somebody is asking for well geared jobs. My blist is full, it caps at 100, I can't add anymore people (despite requesting the cap to be higher numerous times).

Mercing also encourages third party tools. Unless you are sitting surrounded by three PC's/laptops, you are running three instances of the game at once which would not happen in its native form and without the use of third party software.
    The same third party software that opens up Pandora's box in terms of cheat tools, as we saw once again quite recently.
    (3)

Character
    Lilfufu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well then, mr elite, i guess se should just ban 90% of the player rather than update the game! You are so blind to see your own ignorance. You just accept without question and take whatever crumbs se gives you and feel blessed. I hsve dumped thousands of dollars over the last 11 years and believe we are all being cheated. But whatever, some peeps like crumbs.
    (6)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja4life View Post
    Well then, mr elite, i guess se should just ban 90% of the player rather than update the game! You are so blind to see your own ignorance. You just accept without question and take whatever crumbs se gives you and feel blessed. I hsve dumped thousands of dollars over the last 11 years and believe we are all being cheated. But whatever, some peeps like crumbs.
    Not really. I quit because certain things weren't being addressed and cheats/bots/JP/EXP sellers became widespread. I just came back after 6 months, and nothing seems to have changed.

As per OP's concerns and mine, the issues with botting and people selling content are people who are multiboxing/cheating. You can't do a lot of the battles that they are selling on your own as single player.

Your issue with the game and lack of updates is a completely different matter, and I do understand some aspects of your frustrations regarding that.
    (1)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast