Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Poorenglish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think Asura is like /pol/ in this instance, you really need a server to contain anything you don't want spreading onto other servers.
    (3)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Isn't Asura the server they do the fan streams on? One of the chicks I watch on Twitch was on Asura I think, during the last stream.

Anyway, I feel like Asura is the least of FFXI issues, because mercs are heavy on Bahamut too, and Bismarck when I was on it years ago. My issue is updates. Justifying paying for this, when you can play stuff like PSO2, Lost Ark, Kritika, Guild Wars, and Black Desert Online for free; or simply a low priced purchase of the game & you are good to go forever (With true updates...).

I feel like mercs are magnified, because there isn't really much going on in XI in terms of development. It is akin to the twitter people canceling everyone because they have nothing better to do due to the quarantine......Tropic Thunder is a 12 year old movie.......If you are just now discovering something funny style about it.........

.....Merc is a very old concept.

Asura is not the only server that mercs, or the only server with destroyed economy. Asura is just better at it than everyone else......

When has XI economy ever been good? With the 10 million Ochiudo's Kote & Fuma Kyahan? & the same people were selling the item every-time? Cross-Counter & Spartan's?

But like the SoA era, that was when the main game was updated, so we tolerated it. It is magnified now due to the lack of development. Delve was pretty much the only way to attain the best gear, and mercs were advertising this on FFXI Ah for several servers.

Old news, magnified by a lack of attention to the game. Also, thanks for letting me still post while not having an active character.....
    (Think I said too much)
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Anyway, I feel like Asura is the least of FFXI issues, because mercs are heavy on Bahamut too, and Bismarck when I was on it years ago. My issue is updates. Justifying paying for this, when you can play stuff like PSO2, Lost Ark, Kritika, Guild Wars, and Black Desert Online for free; or simply a low priced purchase of the game & you are good to go forever (With true updates...).
    It's not to say that other servers don't have these problems at all, they do, but its disporportionately more severe on asura, because that's the server the bulk of the population decided to start transferring to one day (I really don't understand how that happened), and so now it's more crowded than any server was in FFXI's heyday. Of course, a lot of people don't understand there are significant downsides to an overpopulated server, and this is one of them. (Then there's also the potential for more lag, queues for content, harder to find good CP camps, etc.- Except on like the first day of an update, have never had to wait more than like 10 seconds for ambuscade on Shiva)

Everyone would benefit from a more balanced population- it forces the RMT to spread their wings too, which means lower stocks (on asura for sure) and higher prices, potentially deterring some people who might consider going down that path. This is why FFXI originally didn't let you choose your server without a world pass.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    I feel like mercs are magnified, because there isn't really much going on in XI in terms of development. It is akin to the twitter people canceling everyone because they have nothing better to do due to the quarantine......Tropic Thunder is a 12 year old movie.......If you are just now discovering something funny style about it.........

.....Merc is a very old concept.
    REMA weapons cost many hundreds of millions of gil to make, there simply aren't good ways to make that kind of gil without mercing.

Since REMA are the main avenue for hardcore players to progress they have to merc now, and Asura has the most new players.

Some think it's RMT or something, it's really not. REMA just cost stupid about of gil to fully 119.

If you goto a smaller server you can easily make a REMA in terms of the starter parts, because so few people are doing them. Without mercing there are far fewer players willing to do the entire thing. Only on Asura are they widespread.

The answer is actually pretty simple, add a new type of content players can do in order to get upgrade mats in a R/E form. Then they won't have to merc.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 06-01-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7