Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Alfrilout
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 37
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    It has been around, but it was more underground. Now it is just overkill on Asura. I understand people like to play with themselves using 5 other characters, just don't sell everything under the sun.
    FFXI can't be run in multiple instances on the same machine - It would require 3rd party software (unless said person is sitting around 5 physical PC's). That, at the very least breaks the terms of service, and for a reason.
    Yup, and like I said, it's easy to get around it. Laptops are hella cheap in many places, so you don't need to jump all crazy to get what you want. So no extra software needed.

EQ's new server was to stop people from using the same pc/3rd party software from doing boxing, and I kid you not, there wer pictures of players who bought 6 laptops and keypads, hooked them up with a long pole to press the same button along with macros, and BAM, got a 6 man party right there.

If a player wants to do it, it can be done.

As for the selling thing, heh, this here is nothing. EQ had people training each other (forcing a mob to attack others by pulling said mob and feigning death so the mob attaks the intended victim in range) just to kill a mob for Efreeti Boots and sell at exuberant prices in channels. Why? Because players know what items sell and what other players are looking for! And it's the same thing here.

Unless SE makes those wanted items useless, it will continue. But then, of course, another item will be chosen and the circle continues.
    (1)

Character
    Alfrilout
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 37
    I wanted to just pop back on here and say that I'm not trying to bash the idea of closing Asura. The main issue is it has to be SE's choice.

A lot of the concerns here and what I see in a few other posts, are all things SE has to do something about. So until then, we as players have to find a way to play the game we enjoy around those few annoying things in game.
    (0)

Character
    Catsgoncat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Asura is the Capitalist server.
    (0)

Player
    I'm not in favor of this, but they could possibly remove Asura from the half price server transfers they have.

This would make it more expensive to server swap just to sell items from smaller servers on Asura (sucking up all the supply of big ticket items on those smaller servers) and also create the possibility of a player movement to make an Asura mk2.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I'm not in favor of this, but they could possibly remove Asura from the half price server transfers they have.

This would make it more expensive to server swap just to sell items from smaller servers on Asura (sucking up all the supply of big ticket items on those smaller servers) and also create the possibility of a player movement to make an Asura mk2.
    Much as I don't like the asura situation, I think it's more often that people go to asura to exploit its economy and then bring stuff back with them to their main server to sell or use.
    (0)

Character
    Mokdur
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 8

Server Suggestion

Hi all.
    So I am a returning player having played last time some 13-14 years ago. From what I see from this discussion is not really clear in which server I should end up. I have a free trial character in Asura but can’t really tell what’s going on.
    I am looking to find some of the old glory of the community when you had friends all over and active linkshells helping out. I am in Europe GMT +2.
    Any suggestions on where to go?
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokdur View Post
    Hi all.
    So I am a returning player having played last time some 13-14 years ago. From what I see from this discussion is not really clear in which server I should end up. I have a free trial character in Asura but can’t really tell what’s going on.
    I am looking to find some of the old glory of the community when you had friends all over and active linkshells helping out. I am in Europe GMT +2.
    Any suggestions on where to go?
    It's really up to you. Asura is the biggest and for some that's all that matters. Wherever you go though, ask around enough and you'll find willing people to get you on track. The guide linked above should also help you get an idea of early progression.
    (1)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    Asura is flooded with accounts that utilize gil farming bots. It's by far the issue that needs to be addressed on Asura.
    its easy if you see a bot or think you find a bot just file a special task force report or a gm report and they will work it out. its the best way to deal with them.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I would invite you to click on my profile name. Go to view profile. Go to }Find all started threads{ .
    Click there and enjoy the particular post about special task force.
    (0)

11. 04-30-2020 08:51 AM
    Reason
    wrong topic

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast