Character
    Ozaii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Updated jug pets

Hello! As a bst player I do enjoy the wide variety of pets however I would enjoy if we could actually make use of old jugs such as faithful falcor or Rude Raphie again. Or even new versions of them that are up to level.
    (5)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yeah, I've been harping on this for awhile.
    Especially when they added Weevil and Caroline....
    if we get repeat pets, how about the 8x unique pets that are underleveled?

AmigoSabotender ??? Needles is so cool
    Crude Raphie Stomp and harden shell (breath attacks are so meh )
    CleverClyvonne (less interesting that lynx)
    Bloodclaw Shasra Blaster, Chaotic Eye, Charged Whisker
    Fatso Fargann TP Drainkiss
    Faithful Falcorr (Fantod > Backheel )
    Presto Julio (Darkness based sleepga and awesome aoe slow/para)
    Lucky Lulush (only ice elemental magic damage for bst)
    (4)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I would like all jug pets to just native match our i-level without the need for Beast Affinity, but I think SE does this to keep Beastmaster held back, until other jobs are more appropriately buffed (like R15 weapons and such). If Beastmaster is too powerful early in a content's life cycle, then players will abuse it.

I hate this personally, as I want to use different pets ever since i-level was introduced 5-6 years ago. Also, every pet should have have 1 buff for the master. Otherwise, what's the point? :/
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    I would like all jug pets to just native match our i-level without the need for Beast Affinity, but I think SE does this to keep Beastmaster held back, until other jobs are more appropriately buffed (like R15 weapons and such). If Beastmaster is too powerful early in a content's life cycle, then players will abuse it.

I hate this personally, as I want to use different pets ever since i-level was introduced 5-6 years ago. Also, every pet should have have 1 buff for the master. Otherwise, what's the point? :/
    Beastmaster has been gimped compared to other players since the weaponskill damage update. Not because our weaponskills are weaker, they are fine, but because of how player buffs vs pet buffs mean you will never get to buff both.

I don't think every pet needs a buff for master. It gets balanced out with other attributes and abilities. .. or at least.. It SHOULD.
    (2)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Nholi
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Beastmaster has been gimped compared to other players since the weaponskill damage update. Not because our weaponskills are weaker, they are fine, but because of how player buffs vs pet buffs mean you will never get to buff both.
    Axe weapon skills are, in fact, weaker.

Let's take Mistral Axe, for example. It has 4.0, 10.5, and 13.625 multipliers at 1000, 2000 and 3000 TP. This is very similar to Savage Blade, which are 4.0, 10.25, 13.75.

Mistral Axe however, only has a 50% STR modifier, whereas Savage Blade has 50% STR and 50% MND. The difference between damage rating between swords and axes is roughly ~40 damage. In order to make up that difference with the MND modifier, all you need is 80 MND, which you'll easily have even before equipping any gear.

Looking at, for example, my corsair's Savage Blade set, it has about 230 MND, which means that it has roughly a ~75 point higher base damage than Mistral Axe after taking the damage difference between swords and axes into account, and on top of that it has one more hit. Savage Blade is clearly a stronger WS.

Or we can look at Calamity, which usually is a bit worse than Mistral Axe at lower TP, and ends up slightly stronger at 3000, but it still won't compare to Savage Blade. It also has worse SC elements.

Or how about Primal Rend. Being a magical mythic WS, it's probably best compared to Leaden Salute and Trueflight. Leaden Salute has multipliers of 4.0, 6.7 and 10, whereas Trueflight has 3.9, 6.5, and 9.67. Primal Rend meanwhile, is much lower at 3.0625, 4.69, and 7.57. In fact it was even nerfed in the WS update in 2014 - at 1000 TP it used to have a 3.8125 multiplier, which was closer to the other mythic WS, but for whatever reason, it was lowered.

Add to this that it has an awkward 60% CHR/30% DEX mod, compared to 100% AGI for the other two, which is worse to gear with. On top of that, BST has much worse gear selection compared to RNG and COR, and as such won't be anywhere close to those two in damage.

Cloudsplitter tends to perform pretty similarly to Primal Rend before any weapon-specific boosts from Aymur or Farsha.

Or we can look at Decimation, which is the quested WS that gets the largest boost of any Ambuscade weapon, at 120%. Which would be useful if the WS itself was strong, but if it was, you'd see far more dual wielding WARs out there using it. Instead, it is at best on par with other WS for those jobs, meaning that without Dolichenus, it's doing less than half of what would be considered acceptable damage.

The fact that they gave it such a huge boost is an implicit admittance that the WS is weak, and even if using Dolichenus means you have a single decent WS, that is not acceptable, as it ties you to a single weapon, which should not be the case.

Ruinator is very similar in damage to Decimation, except it has no weapon to more than double its damage.

So yes, axe weapon skills are weak, and they really need a buff.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nadie; 01-31-2020 at 11:01 PM.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Ok, good weapon comparison.

I'm not sure if boosting axe is the way to go though. Might be better to make up the difference with pet damage.
    (1)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Yes, thank you for the weapon comparison. Axe weapon skills do need a boost.
    (0)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    You know what? The thread below started off by someone inquiring about jugs. Then, people started posting their dream team, which led to them giving us new jugs. 2 of the ones you mentioned.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...e-to-see-91-99

So I am just gonna hope that trend follows (Long shot)......I liked Crude, because he was a pygmy pet. He opened the door for bigger stronger pets to be used as jugs.

Pygmy Gang

-Marid
    -Wivre (HQ Unusual Wivre)
    -Mantid
    -Craklaws
    -Sandworm
    -Harpeia
    -Doomed
    -Khimaira (HQ Khrysokhimaira )
    -Wyrm (HQ has Horrid Roar)

BST lore is broken, because they can charm a dragon. So, BST family ecosystem arsenal should be extended. Someone mentioned this before, but I think the Killer Traits should just be one trait. So, you don't have to sacrifice using "X" pet just for KI. The pet still is intimated by its' predator, unless you use KI. Long shot...But hey......

SMN got new pets, no reason we should not get them.
    (0)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Sarcasm btw, other than the last part...KI should be one ability. I guess now isn't the time for jokes, with how BST job has been treated. PAX should be interesting, maybe some questions will be answered.
    (0)