Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Bug Report Ignorance

I disagree with the matter of my bug report being filed as "not a bug".

Why? On the grounds that it is a bug based upon the principle that fighting monsters for more than 2 hours was deemed "bad" to make a long story short but farming something shouldn't take an entire day either.

Why? Because.. if your going to take the majority of spells an such an give them to the moogle npc or any other npc for that matter and LOCK the price at say 1,000 thru 10,000 gil then theres no excuse to leave out ONE more thing.

What was the thing? Ice Spikes as a scroll to be learned.

Why am I complaining in the suggestion thread? Because the forum is flooded with bitter and hateful elite players who have nothing better to do to contribute towards my complaint and I feel that their "majority opinion" shouldn't "out weigh" my voice.

So.. As a suggestion, consider my request, add the scroll to the npc buyable list at a reasonable price, then consider that your bug team isn't really listening to complaints.

Or perhaps their view of "what is/isn't a bug" is flawed.. which needs fixing and still falls under a suggestion much like the item.

I'd also like a means to never see rude posts again, a silence option would be nice.

If no one has anything to contribute towards my posts I shouldn't have to sift thru their nonsense to see a real response.
    (0)
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!
    Plus, who are you anyway?

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hello. I understand life is hard for anyone who is not on Asura. That's why I considered this as not a bug report and am hoping for anyone not to water down FFXI too much just because life is too easy being on Asura. If you want to make a suggestion for the QoL you should go to Suggestions: Quality of Life Stuff and other suggestions. Make a scroll of Ice Spikes as the NPC buyable list.

For a silence option, there is already one. You go to their profiles and add to ignore list.

Have a wonderful day!
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I mean, just because you're having a hard time learning a spell doesn't mean it's a bug. Suggestions for change is fine, it just isn't a bug, but rather "something I want changed."

It's simple- there's a difference between the two.

Framing something that isn't a malfunction as such isn't going to make it more likely to be changed. Proper feedback in the proper place will.

I mean, the scroll isn't cheap but it's far from unobtainable. Funny enough it actually sells for more on Asura, on other servers I see prices of like 450k, which you can grind out in like 15-20 minutes with a blue mage in escha zitah during the "Gain Experience" RoE challenge, by vendoring sparks items and prize powder. Which is obviously a lot faster than the method of obtaining the scroll itself.

Besides the monster on the ship, you can also obtain the scroll from half a dozen low level BCNMs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-22-2020 at 11:08 AM.