Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

January 2020 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

The latest FINAL FANTASY XI Digest is now available! The digest covers key features from the most recent version update. Check out the video, try the version update, and leave a feedback based on your experience of playing the new content.

• Please reply to this thread to leave your feedback.
    • Please only post feedback pertaining to the version update and digest video in this thread.
    • To better collect your feedback, we ask that you post one specific feedback per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
    • Before posting your feedback, check the thread to see if similar feedback was already mentioned and hit the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the same feedback.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mithkabob-T-shirt.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	12609

As mentioned in the video, the Meat Mithkabob t-shirt is available for pre-order, so be sure to get yours today!
    (3)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    these are really great adjustments for beastmaster!!!!

Thank you!
    These are MEANINGFUL changes which actually encourage the master to engage!

The ready recast merit adjustment is PERFECT. Thank you.

I was not expecting the Adjustment to READY move activation time. However it is VERY welcome and a very clever adjustment. Thank you.

I also was not expecting buffing ready moves to affect the master either. It is also a very welcome and interesting adjustment. Thank you.
    I am curious if the same duration and potencies apply to master as to pet. I will be testing soon.
    Did you forget about Rhino Guard and fantod though?

I still hope for some type of enmity generation on those self-buffing ready moves. so i will check and see. Its not in the notes, so I do not have high hopes. However this is a very welcome adjustment to beastmaster.
    (2)
    Last edited by Xilk; 01-10-2020 at 01:13 PM.
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    hmmm ??

the update notes say pets summoned with 'Call Beast'
    Does this mean "Bestial Loyalty" pets won't give buffs to master? cuz thats gonna be expensive.
    (0)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Papesse
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Please do something about the recent Blood Pact nerf/adjustement currently present in Cait Sith Prime, Alexander Prime, Lady Lilith BF and in Domain Invasion.

The developers implemented this measure in order to prevent easy wins with Astral Conduit which is very understable but it's also affecting physical multi-hits Blood Pacts and the purpose of the job ability Apogee. For example, a Predator Claws normally doing 30000 damage (10000 + 10000 + 10000) will deal only 12000 damage (10000 + 1000 + 1000) which feels really weak compared to what players can do.
    Spinning Dive and Mountain Buster do barely better and can't make up for the heavy loss in damage.

Players can also nerf each other, this is particulary frustrating in Domain Invasion when multiple SMNs are present. People aware about the nerf are forced to wait over 10 seconds before using a Blood Pact if someone else already performed one otherwise the damage dealt will be extremely low.

A possible way to fix this situation would be to have the damage reduction take effect after 3~5 Blood Pacts or after 9~15 hits from multi-hits Blood Pacts (if the game can't recognize the difference between the Blood Pacts as general and the separate hits from a same Blood Pact) instead of 1. Only Astral Conduit should be penalized this way.

The issue has also been reported by a japanese player http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56300
    (11)

Character
    Prats
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

summoners

what they have to do is nerf the pld, brd, rng, pup thf and other jobs, the summoner doesn't do any harm without a corsair and a geomancer, and you need a lot of equipment to do damage, the smn has been a job that has never done anything has been more than 10 years that is not worth anything, when they are set to have been a more used job, stop protesting this job that if the astral conduit and nonsense, I have more than 15 years with The smn and I have never complained when they did not want me to party and not worth any event, stop crying please
    (0)

Character
    Prats
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The smn has always had to subtract all the time a very slow job to play, thanks to the astral conduit we have been able to enjoy something more of the smn, what they have to do is that they can not enter more than 2 smn in a party and this problem, but please always stop crying for the same thing, pld, cor, rng, thf, pup, blu, these jobs can shine better than the smn and would need to be nerfed, I hope the new avatar hurts because the last ones They did not do anything, the smn does not hurt only when in a party there are more than 3 smn it hurts, otherwise the smn without buffs is very bad, I hope they fix all this
    (0)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Beastmaster Changes

I for one welcome the changes to Beastmaster. However there has been (I hope) and unintended consequence to the speed change of Ready moves. It is now no longer possible to swap from a "ready" set so the pet damage set. This means in order to maintain the minimum Ready time of 10 seconds, you must full time the level 75 legs that has -5 ready recast reduction. This has the net effect of making all BST ready moves weaker, except when under Unleash when the legs are not necessary.

Please consider a further adjustment to the ready recast merit category, 3 seconds per merit, which will eliminate the need for this level 75 piece of gear and restore BST ready moves back to their prior potency.
    (12)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Hmm... after a little testing on beastmaster there are some problems.

The ready activation time reduction is nice in some ways.. but its actually a penalty for normal use.

Players have been swapping 2x gearsets for every ready move. This is just like a fast cast set and a magic attack bonus set for elemental magic. OR a bloodpact delay reduction set and a bloodpact damage+ set for summoner.

With the delay reduced to 0.25 seconds, it is no longer possible use 2 sets. This will not matter for the moves with instant casting time because pet tp bonus is all that matters for those.

The macro looks like this:

/equipset 19 (Aymur, Charmer's merlin, Nukumi manoplas +1, desultor tassets)
    /bstpet 1 <wait .5>
    /equipset 20 (Pet mab gear, or pet macc gear, or pet attack gear or pet Double attack gear)

However, the 3rd line cannot activate now. It cannot work. The only work around is to do everything in the first line macro. This mostly hurts when not using emicho gambierras +1 in the leg slot for sweeping gouge, pentapeck, chomp rush, etc... however it hurts all the damage dealing ready moves.

I have not tested the effect on Unleash yet, which this will not matter for. WE can probably use more ready moves during unleash, and tp is locked at 3000 already and recast is no issue, so the change is definitely a buff to unleash. But it is a nerf to normal fighting.

IF you want to keep the .25s ready timer, AND not have it a nerf, then ready recast merits would need to be 3s per merit, AND the way Aymur TP Bonus works would need to change to be like Nukumi Manoplas +1.
    Otherwise, this update includes another nerf to Beastmaster and I think I would prefer the ready activation time to remain closer to 1 second than to .25 seconds.

Also the haste from Zealous Snort is disappointing. Don't get me wrong, 25% haste is very nice. However, it is Magical Haste instead of Job Ability haste, and it Overwrites haste II.

This means that if we use it while buffed by players or trusts, it actually becomes a debuff.
    It would be much better, and more appropriate if it were Job Ability Haste instead of Magical haste.
    (14)
    Last edited by Xilk; 01-10-2020 at 10:21 PM.
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Speculative value in this month's Beastmaster update

Dear Director Fujito,
    Thank you for the significant effort towards the Beastmaster class. The quality of life improvements towards removing the need for Charmer's Merlin is appreciated. I have taken the time to consolidate some feedback and hope you consider it.

1.) Most JA activation is still inconsistent with 7 yalm restriction, especially REWARD.
    2.) Instant Ready activation is problematic because it is breaking our ability to swap gear consistently. We cannot wear Desultor Legs for Ready-5 consistently. Please revert this or increase Ready merit from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
    3.) Zealous snort is overwritten by Trust Haste2 and significant other Buff priority problems. (This should be Haste2 or JA Haste in my opinion). More buffs should extend to the party so that Beastmaster can be willfully included in a group setting.
    4.) It is not acceptable to rely on lvl 113/117 pets for self-buffs when content level can reach 145-150. Can you give us 5/5 Beast Affinity automatically? This should allow jug pets to match our item-level natively. Replace Beast Affinity with a meritable category that increases the distance from 7 yalms to 12 (+1 per merit).

The long-standing job ability activation inconsistencies have been compounded by additional difficulty in swapping gear for Ready moves (Beastmasters do this for recast time (Legs, specifically), as well as Pet buffs).

To summarize, your effort is greatly appreciated, but this months' update for Beastmaster seems to be more hindering than helpful, as it does not ease the frustration of inconsistent job ability activation for all job abilities ...and abilities such as Ready, penalizes gear-swapping for recast duration and potency of pet abilities.

Respectfully, please try again.
    (32)

Character
    Inx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    RE: Beastmaster Job Update

I agree with the above posters on all the points raised.

Whilst the merit category revision to Ready Recast is most welcome, it is insufficient to cover the loss incurred by the added difficulty in equipment set swapping. Losing access to both -5 recast reduction pieces is a net loss.

The least intrusive solution would be adding an ilvl 119 item with -5 ready recast reduction, or adding that parameter to an existing piece of equipment.

On a related note, as your vision for the job appears to encourage more frontline melee, increasing the range of shields usable by BST would be most helpful. For example, allowing access to Blurred Shield would add incentive as it is well suited to BST/DRG fencer type builds.

Finally, the damage capability of all pets has largely remained static for several years now. Isn't it past time to increase their dps potential? Especially given the relative scarcity of equipment with pet attack, their utility against high-level targets has effectively declined substantially.
    (13)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast