Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Thank for you this adjustment. It's a fun idea and much more interesting than just tweaking a few numbers here and there.

There are, however, a few problems related to the adjustment that I'd like to draw your attention to in the hopes that they will be rectified. I'll be brief as most have already by mentioned by others.

While I very much appreciate adjustments to the Ready recast merit (finally we can get rid of Charmer's Merlin - this is wonderful), we are still forced to use a piece of level 75 equipment in order to fully reduce our recast time. This is really dangerous in an item level environment, even if we remove the Desultor Tassets after one second (which I must emphasise is the minimum /wait time). If the merit reduced recast time by 3 seconds instead of 2, this final piece of ancient equipment can finally be purged from our inventories, and I would owe the development team a round of Tavnazian tacos.

There are some potency and prioritisation issues with some of the shared enhancement effects, notably Bubble Curtain (wiped by the weaker Shell spells), Metallic Body (the effect is really quite weak) and Zealous Snort's Haste effect. As other people here have said, The latter needs careful consideration; it's weaker than the Haste II effect we can readily access with Trust, and overwrites it. If the effects could stack, or at least prioritise correctly, it would be appreciated.

The sharing of enhancement effects is really fun, but it does mean that some pets without enhancement effects are now significantly weakened relative to pets such as the raaz, sheep, pugil, crab, etc. Variety is the spice of life, and having a wide pool of pets to draw from is part of what makes Beastmaster fun. It would be really nice if, in the future, more could be done with this "sharing" mechanic - pets could be given more enhancements, like mandragora gaining access to Photosynthesis, or even things outside of enhancement effects - for example, the MosquitoFamiliar's Infected Leech could restore some HP to the Beastmaster (or even their allies!). Not all pets have obviously applicable moves, nor do all pets necessarily need them, but expanding the scope of pet moves affecting the Beastmaster in some way would be a lot of fun. And if some, or even all, were able to affect our allies... well, that'd be even more fun.

The inclusion of underlevelled pets in the list of transferrable enhancement effects I think highlights a need for Beast Affinity to be improved. There is a perfect opportunity here - simply improve the potency of the merit category, as you did for Ready recast! As I said before, a wide variety of pets makes for fun and flexible options.

Outside of ideas related to this adjustment:

- Charm, Gauge, Sic and Tame still have no place at level 119. Please find a way to make these fun again, while retaining the original functionality. Any chance we could Charm a pet alongside a jug familiar?

- Perhaps you could consider better shields and a higher shield ranking for Beastmaster, as we're supposedly a frontline job?

- Please continue to bear in mind that gearing to support our familiars and ourselves simultaneously is very difficult. I recognise and appreciate the work done so far, but it must continue, and hopefully improve.

- Could we please use non-aggressive Ready moves when the familiar isn't engaged?

- The distance nerf is still broken, unacceptable, and in need of reversion. I don't think I speak only for myself when I say that I will never accept the development team's stance on this matter.

As a final, semi-related comment, I think careful reading of the comments in this thread illustrates the importance of reducing the minimum time permitted for /wait commands for everyone. It's sad when "broken" for some people is the only experience of the game that I legitimately have access to.
    (4)

Player
    The attempt to improve Beastmaster is welcome, but has fallen flat, the shared master buffs is a neat touch, but ultimately doesn't fix the core issues. The lack of ability range is extremely frustrating, I personally would prefer a full revert to original Ready distance, but if you're dead set on making sure the player is within AoE range, consider raising the ready distance to at least 12 or 13 yalms, most abilities will still hit them, and it will be far less infuriating to use.

Also the reduction in ability use time is neat, but ultimately makes us sacrifice the legs in our ready set due to recast considerations, please consider reverting this change or enhancing merits to fully cap ready recast without the use of gear, because ultimately this patch nerfs a job that's not in the greatest place at the moment.
    (2)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Log-In Campaign points, Glitch!?? 99,999,999 selectable number

So um... any reason we need this many 99999999 Model Synergy Furnaces? https://clips.twitch.tv/AlluringCris...MPEnergyCherrySynergy Furnaces on the login campaign rewards given out in the numbers considering you can't synergize it to a +1 version and also I do think we don't have that many inventory spaces or bags/units with that many spaces to even hold that many of them, If you could bazaar them or AH them, maybe at least npc sell them to a synergy guild sort of sales NPC then I guess the non+1 would make sense then since apparently it must also be treating it as a stackable furnishings items as well.

I honestly thought you could get two of them and synergize two of them into a +1 version that would look like the synergy furnace in Bastoks Metalworks that has more of gold/golden color furnace metals look to it being next to the NPC Hildolf last time I checked, I was even hoping maybe it would have a clickable synergy furnace reactions inside MH additionally upon it becoming a +1 or doing a +1 version of it that really doesn't just yet, apparently. . .
    I tried adding these combinations too to see if it synergize a special kind of synergy furnace furnishing as well: two synergy furnaces furnishings - a catalytic oil = no results, {the catalytic oil used to make elemental fewell}, two synergy furnace furnishings - catalytic oil and an Astral Matter which again has no crafting synergy effect because not in the game after all apparently to which I was hoping it was to make the synergy synergizing effect of synergizing as even sometimes you see happen when you zone into an area that has two synergy furnaces side by side as you walk closer to them becoming onto view!

Hope that helps and if the link of my yogorockbowlerffxi11yo twitch clip of it happening doesn't work try this one?: https://dashboard.twitch.tv/u/yogoro.../content/clips
    then look for the clip that says... Holy Moly!!! that's a lot of synergy furnaces as a title to it, k?
    (1)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 01-28-2020 at 12:14 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Domain Invasion

Thank you for the feedback.

The number of participating adventurers was larger than we anticipated. As such, monsters were often defeated almost instantaneously without much time to do anything at all.

To address this, we increased the monsters’ HP when a large number of adventurers have assembled. As a result, monsters take somewhat longer to defeat; however, when compared to December, you should now be able to obtain more Escha Beads and other items that are rewarded based on battle evaluation.

We do understand that it may seem like it takes longer for those who are there only to collect Domain Points. However, please note that Domain Invasion isn’t intended to be content where you idly wait nearby, so we hope that you’ll consider contributing to the battles if you’d like for them to proceed more quickly.
    (7)
    FINALFANTASY XI Producer/Director Yoji Fujito

Model Synergy Furnace

The Model Synergy Furnace’s Moglification was specifically created for this implementation. The Synergy system can be a bit tricky, so take advantage of this effect to skill up!

We’ll consider other new furnishings as well.
    (6)

Beastmaster

Thank you for the feedback.

As of the January adjustments, gear swapping cannot keep up when used after “/pet” commands. This isn’t limited to just beastmaster, but rather tied to equipment that apply effects at a specific timing. Even if a particular macro functions correctly, (for instance, equip recast reduction gear, then execute a command, then swapping to another gear are all executed) it doesn’t go as far as to guarantee the activation of equipment effects. However, in this case there were some pet abilities where there was enough time to change equipment, which currently don’t function as they had before. This particular change wasn’t intended and will be addressed.

Next is the question of determining the activation time.
    “/equipset” has always been a command that takes time between execution and actually applying the equipment. Changing the activation time to match this would mean a delay of 75 frames, which would be the same as summoner.
    However, this would make the overall activation time slower than before, and would result negatively for players who don’t change equipment.

On the other hand, “/equip” command executes in 60 frames and is considerably faster than “/equipset”. There have been many abilities that were 60 frames, and so this would probably feel similar to how it was previously.

This time we’re planning to make adjustments using the latter idea. Should we receive a large amount of feedback that gear swapping doesn’t work or players who prefer to use /equipset instead, we’ll consider changing it to be the same as summoner, at 75 frames. Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

Regarding ability ranges, as we’ve mentioned multiple times in the past, we are not considering making changes. The January 2020 adjustments are meant to encourage beastmasters themselves to fight on the frontline, so we’d like you to find a way to work together with your pets.
    (2)

Regarding the T-shirts

We’re happy to hear that the shirts were also popular in the West.
    We were able to release them in North America thanks to the support from our Western community.

We hope that you’ll continue to support FINAL FANTASY XI!
    (7)

Character
    Nholi
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    There is no issue with /equipset commands not swapping gear quickly enough on the server. If I use a macro with an /equipset command followed by a pet move, it swaps in just as intended. If there is a chance of failure, then it is incredibly small.

The problem is that the developers do not seem to have accounted for Desultor Tassets when they said, quoting the digest video: "These adjustments are intended to make recast time reducing equipment unnecessary".

At present the base recast timer for Ready is 30 seconds, with a minimum of 10 seconds. We can reduce this by 20 seconds with the following:
    • 10 seconds from merits
    • 5 seconds from the 100 job point gift
    • 5 seconds from Desultor Tassets augmented with "Sic" and "Ready" ability delay -5
    If the goal, as stated, was to make recast time reducing equipment unnecessary, then the simplest solution here is to provide another 5 seconds through either Ready merits, the 100 job point gift, or by reducing the base recast.
    (6)

Character
    Nholi
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    Regarding ability ranges, as we’ve mentioned multiple times in the past, we are not considering making changes. The January 2020 adjustments are meant to encourage beastmasters themselves to fight on the frontline, so we’d like you to find a way to work together with your pets.
    If the developers want beastmasters to fight, then more should be done to encourage it, rather than attempt to discourage them from not doing so.

The main issues with meleeing with beastmaster are:
    • No native delay reduction
    • Axe weapon skills are weaker than most other weapon types
    • Keeping your pet alive often requires you to spend a lot of time in pet damage reduction gear, which has poor melee stats, resulting in even lower damage output

At present, since beastmaster melee output is low and will put your pet at greater risk of dying, not meleeing is only a natural consequence. Improving on these aspects would mean players would be more inclined to melee since by not doing so they would lose out on a meaningful contribution to damage.
    (9)
    Last edited by Nadie; 01-24-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    The Model Synergy Furnace’s Moglification was specifically created for this implementation. The Synergy system can be a bit tricky, so take advantage of this effect to skill up!

We’ll consider other new furnishings as well.
    Um... don't think they actually took the time to read my original post or even actually took the time to understand my post by taking a look at the numbers shown in my clip upon the link I posted to show it's counting number...
    Apparently, yes we are supposed to be able to select and grab 99,999,999 Model Synergy furnaces into our inventories spaces which they are totally unstackable LOL!!! well okaaay SE Dev crews or creators! {Yeah were do want me to put all of these 99999999 furnaces/model synergy furnaces into the bags/storages for all the spaces we actually do have to place them into holding it all, by the way, just saying... [gussing game creators trying to funny this time around by perchance!? ]

This on the January's log-in campaign rewards being given out for points exchanged to the items received by selection or selection of numbers.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 01-24-2020 at 11:10 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast