Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

So RNG is kind of boring.

I must have a penchant for playing boring, one-dimensional jobs because I keep on running with them into a wall. I recently took up Ranger as a little side-project and I enjoy it, but it really is one of the most boring jobs I've ever played... right up there with GEO.

In a lot of content, I find myself trying to skirt the optimal distances for the benefit of True Shot, so I find that I'm wasting a lot of time running around not doing much of anything. I've found myself longing for a new job ability, "Strategic Redeployment", that would allow you to instantly reposition yourself to optimal firing distance for whatever ranged weapon you have equipped at the time of activation.

To be used in tandem with this, a seperate job ability, "Tactical Retreat", would allow you to instantly reposition to the maximum firing distance possible. I see this as being able to alleviate the trouble of getting into suitable firing positions for guns (mostly) and not being able to run to safety before a dangerous TP attack from the enemy hits you for catastrophic damage.

I often play with Trusts or usually get stuck in an "off-party" with no/few buffs in alliance-oriented content and I can definitely feel the effects of having nothing but Berserk/Warcry to rely on and that's only if I'm able to /WAR. I think a job trait that directly increase ranged attack damage and ranged weapon skill damage based on a function of your Recycle rate might be helpful. For example, it could work somewhat similarly to Conserve MP; if Recycle activates, it adds a variable amount of damage ranging from 10-70% for regular ranged attacks and 10-35% for ranged weapon skills.

idk. Just throwing out ideas on my wish list, I guess. Anyone else feel like Ranger is a little bland and behind?
    (0)

2. 01-01-2020 07:53 AM
    Reason
    Bump

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'd like to see Unlimited / Flashy / Stealth Shot being changed to gives more Magical power.

Dissociate Unlimited Shot and Double Shot.

Gives Unlimited Shot a boost in Magic Attack for a small period of time.

Flashy Could be changed into a new skill that let bullet being magical attack, piercing the defenses of the mob (like the monk merit skill).
    Stealth Shot could be changed into a new skill that give Magical Evasion bonus.

It would be cool tho if we could fully merit them all and not have to choose.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    May 2019 ffxi digest; I had this to say about potential improvements for Ranger.

Rng -> suggesting improvements -> Dead Aim retains all it's existing values + Add archery skill increase corresponding to Dead Aim job trait as follows; Tier I +15 archery skill, Tier II +20 archery skill, Teir III +25 archery skill, Teir IV +30 archery skill, Teir V +35 archery skill, Teir VI +40 archery skill. Itemization; create new 1-hand axe ambuscade + SU4/SU5 class weapons that give +8% rapid shot, -6 enmity, HP+65 Accuracy+50 Ranged Accuracy+50 Magic Accuracy+50 Magic Damage+217 Axe skill +269 Parrying skill +269 Magic Accuracy skill +255 Detonator: +50% damage, velocity shot: +30 Ranged Attack.
    REMOVE +haste values from all RNG job specific equipment and reforged versions {Artifact, Relic, Empyrean} judiciously REPLACE with +values for +double shot +triple shot +rapid shot +snap shot.
    (0)

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Will you bump your text on every post someone make ? ...
    (1)