Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Magic Accuracy Skill +255 vs +269 on Su5 weapons

Hi SE,
    Why do all Su5 staves (BLM/SMN/SCH) have Magic Accuracy+269 skill (and WHM/GEO Su5 clubs Askelpius/Bhima) but RDM weapons only reach +255 skill, such as Murgleis/Crocea Mors do not?

(If I had to choose, I would recommend enhancing the RDM mythic to include +269 skill).

Thank you.
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm sure they underwent thousands of comparison tests and it's properly balanced as intended.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I'm still genuinely curious and would like to understand why none of RDMs weapons give 269 Magic Accuracy Skill
    (0)

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    This is likely because there are as yet no grips that can match the magic accuracy bonus you can get on many offhand weapons or even the Ammurapi shield.
    (0)

Player
    Probably justified under ye old "Jack of all trades, master of none." theme of RDM.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    To be more specific, I'm trying to figure out which is better for my Magic Accuracy on White Mage, if I want to land Enfeebling Magic:

Yagrush Rank 15 (Magic Accuracy+70 total but with only Magic Accuracy Skill+255)

Asclepius Rank25 (Any Path, Magic Accuracy+50 but with Magic Accuracy Skill+269).

When do I want plain Magic Accuracy+ vs Magic Accuracy Skill? Please help SE.
    (0)

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Square-Enix previously answered your question regarding skill (in Japanese) here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post580393

Or you can read a translation here: https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/11...=1#post6713767

So to answer your question, (according to SE) the Yagrush would be superior to the Asclepius. The Yagrush can also gain 30-49 magic accuracy from AM1 which would put it substantially ahead.

Players tests hinted the magic accuracy skill was better than the values SE listed though.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reain View Post
    Square-Enix previously answered your question regarding skill (in Japanese) here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post580393

Or you can read a translation here: https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/11...=1#post6713767

So to answer your question, (according to SE) the Yagrush would be superior to the Asclepius. The Yagrush can also gain 30-49 magic accuracy from AM1 which would put it substantially ahead.

Players tests hinted the magic accuracy skill was better than the values SE listed though.
    Thank you for your reply. While this quote does seem promising, I'd like to hear from SE if the Su5 weapon Asclepius varies from Yagrush, in a way that we are not yet familiar with. (2016 was a long time ago) and I asked a specific question about comparing two weapons.

Furthermore, the property “Weapon Skill+” and “Magic Accuracy Skill+” translates out as follows.

Weapon Skill +242: Attack +195, Accuracy +195
    Weapon Skill +269: Attack +216, Accuracy +216

Magic Accuracy Skill +228: Magic Accuracy +115
    Magic Accuracy Skill +242: Magic Accuracy +122
    Magic Accuracy Skill +255: Magic Accuracy +128
    Magic Accuracy Skill +269: Magic Accuracy +135

The above values should be used as a reference, as they are the stats that come out when applied to the base values. The actual value you receive may deviate slightly.
    (0)