Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Storage Slips for REMA weapons and some newly-released items in general

Hi SE,
    I humbly ask that when you release new items (like Domain Invasion gear), that you pre-emptively create storage slips for those items. For example, for Ambuscade Weapons, we had to waist a month or two after release to be able to store them on Storage Slip 28. (I don't think it is the case that you hadn't thought Slips where necessary at first, only to add them until two months later). It is quite burdensome to ask players to hold onto newly-released items for weeks or months at a time, without having a place to put them when they are not being actively used. (It is my humble opinion that storage of new items should be considered at the time of release, and I hope SE feels this way too).

More specifically:
    1.) Delve-specific items need a storage slip.
    2.) Sinister-Reign-specific storage slip (which holds onto item augments).
    3.) All Delve/Sinister-Reign/Escha items if they haven't been done already, unless, is it your intention that we delivery-box them to a character on the same account.

Similarly, can you please create a special storage solution for REMA weapons/shields/etc? (Rank 15 can be a requirement for storage as well).

Thank you for your time! Have a happy holiday and healthy new year!
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Bumpity, bump, bump.

Humble request for an update on Storage Slips for Rank 0-15/REMA weapons, newly-released items, augmented Sinister-Reign items, making Delve items deliverable on the same account and if possible, a storage container that is only visible in the mog house or mog garden.

We have so many augmented items too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The current augment system (Oseem, Oboro, etc) doesn't afford us an opportunity to store the variety of items that are given to us.
    (1)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Storage slips are great, but they're only really good for hoarders (like me!) and people who have retired jobs they don't want to completely abandon. I find that it's just too cumbersome faffing around with that much trading and scrolling through menus to use them to store gear for the jobs I actively play, so while I completely support expanded storage slips, I wouldn't want SE to use them as a solution for problems with inventory that's in active rotation.

Making R15 a requirement for the storage of REMA weapons would probably put the system out of reasonable reach for quite a lot of people, too, at least for the time being.

I agree with your thoughts on augmented items and would definitely like to see better support or more consideration for them. I welcome the ability to send them to other characters on the same account, but we shouldn't have to make mules to store this sort of thing - especially now that it's so commonplace.

I don't think it's currently technically feasible to store items with varying augments in storage slips. As I understand it, when stored, the item is "boiled down" to a single "stored/not stored" bit that is held on the storage slip. It'd be nice if they could find a way around this, but I don't know how feasible that'd be.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    Storage slips are great, but they're only really good for hoarders (like me!) and people who have retired jobs they don't want to completely abandon. I find that it's just too cumbersome faffing around with that much trading and scrolling through menus to use them to store gear for the jobs I actively play, so while I completely support expanded storage slips, I wouldn't want SE to use them as a solution for problems with inventory that's in active rotation.

Making R15 a requirement for the storage of REMA weapons would probably put the system out of reasonable reach for quite a lot of people, too, at least for the time being.

I agree with your thoughts on augmented items and would definitely like to see better support or more consideration for them. I welcome the ability to send them to other characters on the same account, but we shouldn't have to make mules to store this sort of thing - especially now that it's so commonplace.

I don't think it's currently technically feasible to store items with varying augments in storage slips. As I understand it, when stored, the item is "boiled down" to a single "stored/not stored" bit that is held on the storage slip. It'd be nice if they could find a way around this, but I don't know how feasible that'd be.
    The dev team is smart. I imagine they can abstract away the augments or make them viewable as another in-game mechanism (like a key-item or a tome of augments, or whatever name they want to give it).

My reasoning for recommending Rank 15 is that originally AF2+2 could only be stored it was augmented with the 20k EXP trial which granted the Job ability/merit category augments for each piece that we enjoy iLvL 109 today.

But in any case, thank you for your support and I too, welcome whatever SE gives us in regards to storage improvements (for both long-term and short-term storage needs, which can help with fast job-switching).
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    All they need to do is to make the "Combined" moghouse furnishings into another housing storage space where furnishings in the "Combined" moghouse can contribute to up to another 80 storage for a grand total of 160. That's 80x2.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    All they need to do is to make the "Combined" moghouse furnishings into another housing storage space where furnishings in the "Combined" moghouse can contribute to up to another 80 storage for a grand total of 160. That's 80x2.
    I appreciate your suggestion, but furnishing storage is only a part of the total problem. In my situation, I have 600/880 items used in sets and cannot delivery box or store any of the remaining items. I have 10 free inventory slots and 0 furnishings (beyond the gold chest or a mannequin to maximize 80 Storage container slots).

To reiterate, I have less than 5 furnishings, so furnishing storage would not alleviate my inventory problems.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    For most people another *available* 80 furnishing storage capacity would net 70-78 usable inventory spaces.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    For most people another *available* 80 furnishing storage capacity would net 70-78 usable inventory spaces.
    I highly doubt "most people" dedicate 80 inventory slots to furnishings in today's game, as there is little incentive to decorating your mog house. Sure, it's fun to do, but furnishings aren't what bulk up our inventory. The number of augmented items and non-storable, non-delivery-boxable items are what eat up most of our space in today's game. Like I said, I appreciate your suggestion, but the crux of this post isn't about furnishings, but they are a subset of items that contribute to our inventory woes. If we're going to talk about item-specific storage, I'd like to see a storage container for furnishings and crafting items (or in general, non-equipable items like Sack/Satchel/Case, but perhaps they only are accessible from the Mog House/Mog Garden.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Uggh... you get storage in high capacity on the furnishings; like the Well. Now if you're able to have two storage menu selections like when SE added the 2ND mog safe selection, then you would be capable of building your TOTAL storage space capacity to 160.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Uggh... you get storage in high capacity on the furnishings; like the Well. Now if you're able to have two storage menu selections like when SE added the 2ND mog safe selection, then you would be capable of building your TOTAL storage space capacity to 160.
    Yeah, I understand, but increasing Storage capacity from 80 to 160 is one option, but I don't think it's the best option....but I'll take anything at this point.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast