Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    It is quite burdensome to ask players to hold onto newly-released items for weeks or months at a time, without having a place to put them when they are not being actively used
    They do this marbles several times a year
    (0)

Player
    Slips don't work for gear with variable augments due to the way that they are implemented.

When an item is stored on a slip, the actual item is destroyed/deleted and the binary flag corresponding to that item is changed from 0 to 1 on the slip. When you retrieve an item from a slip, a new copy of the item is generated and the flag is changed from 1 to 0. No other data about the state of the item, like augments existing, or augment types, or augment values, are capable of being stored on the slip. That rules out anything with augments that have more than a single, always there, unchanging value state. Relic armor works even though they have augments because they always have the augment, and the augment never changes. There are no versions of ilvl Relic armor that do not have the augment, so any new copies generated from a slip will come with the augment by default.

The devs actually explained all of this rather in-depth a while back in a JP devpost. It's simply not possible to cram all of the data/flags required for variable augment gear into the current slip system. There should be no technical limitations preventing a slip for unaugmented REMA weapons tho, and it may be possible to store augment data with a new system instead of using slips. Maybe something like a new NPC based system similar to the ancient armor storage NPCs could work?

Any further actual storage space would have to use an entirely different system than existing storage due to technical issues preventing any further increases. (The devs also explained this subject rather in-depth before as well.) I personally suspect it's because we already have space for 960 total items, so adding another 80 would push us up to 1040, which happens to be over an important binary value (1024) and that was probably used as the maximum value of items per character when it was programmed originally (since it was sky-high compared to the storage space we had at launch and they probably figured that we would never approach that value before the game shut down.) Maybe some sort of separate "deep storage" system could be added to the Mog Garden, and the data only gets referenced/retrieved when accessing it directly while in the Mog Garden via a special menu instead of the standard storage system menu?
    (3)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Bumpity bump bump.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Additional furnishing storage / housing storage will increase loading times for entry wherever said proposition would be introduced; if it is even possible.

The best advice concerning space is to maximize current offerings of storage, bags, sacks, satchel, case, locker, wardrobes.

ORGANIZE properly. Send anything you're not currently intending to use within a few days to a mule character. Maximize inventory on mule characters.

Evaluate if an item is worthy of retaining for your personal use. If something is unworthy, there's means of selling unwanted items. In the case of things that can not be sold or reclaimed at A.M.A.N. NPC or the Bayld NPC, often choosing to drop something is just the best option.

Inventory 101 BG-wiki ~ https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Inventory_101
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    Additional furnishing storage / housing storage will increase loading times for entry wherever said proposition would be introduced; if it is even possible.

The best advice concerning space is to maximize current offerings of storage, bags, sacks, satchel, case, locker, wardrobes.

ORGANIZE properly. Send anything you're not currently intending to use within a few days to a mule character. Maximize inventory on mule characters.

Evaluate if an item is worthy of retaining for your personal use. If something is unworthy, there's means of selling unwanted items. In the case of things that can not be sold or reclaimed at A.M.A.N. NPC or the Bayld NPC, often choosing to drop something is just the best option.

Inventory 101 BG-wiki ~ https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Inventory_101
    Thank you for your contribution. I fully utilize storage slips and every single feature this game has to offer. I play 13-14 jobs fully geared to the teeth and only have ~10 free inventory slots as a padding for removing/storing items on slips when I change jobs.

Currently, Sinister Reign armor seems to have skipped from the "let's allow players to Delivery Box augmented items" ....I have lots of perfect augments Sinister Reign weapons that I do not want to throw away.

After doing Lilith several hundred times, I have almost 300 of Chapters 6-10 but can only store 255 of each. (I will not be throwing the extras because of the amount of gear I need to Reforge in the future).

So, again, thank you for your contribution, but for collectors and players alike, for folks who play many jobs, we are bursting at the seams of our inventory bags.

Please help us SE. Please provide an elegant solution to our inventory problems that makes augmented items more manageable.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I only actively play maybe three or four jobs, the rest that I've leveled I've either basically retired or use as subs only. So I'm not feeling the strain tbh. but I get it in all fairness, part of what keeps people going is playing more jobs and mastering them and making them stronger.

I wouldn't hold my breath but they should restructure gear inventory the way FFXIV does it, each gear slot has its own inventory space.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Rem's Tale Ch. # 1 - 10 Can be sent to same account mule characters using the delivery box.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    Rem's Tale Ch. # 1 - 10 Can be sent to same account mule characters using the delivery box.
    Again, I appreciate your contribution to this post, but the issue still stands. For folks who collect REMA weapons, not having a way to store them is a huge pain point. I think fully-augmented NQ/+1/+2 necks and Su5 weapons should be storable on slips (or at the very least an NPC). Similarly, Sinister Reign armor should be added to the list of delivery-box-able items (like Escha/Gaes Fete armor).
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2