Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

BLU hasn't really seen any adjustments in this last year...any plans?

Hello! Dev team!

I'm just wondering if there will be any updates for BLU.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They've been gradually touching on all the jobs in the last year, so they'll probably get there eventually. But I'm not sure what BLU really needs, it's already a strong job, particularly for various utility purposes.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Yeah, blue mage has been a very powerful job for the longest time and I think as a result, has been excluded in many gear sets (until Pinga and Malignance sets were released).

I personally would like to see BLU magic increased to more than 20 spells and maybe 5-10 more blue magic points. I can't think of anything else I would change. It's in a good place, but I think my suggestions would increase the variety of ways we play blue mage.
    (0)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    They've been gradually touching on all the jobs in the last year, so they'll probably get there eventually. But I'm not sure what BLU really needs, it's already a strong job, particularly for various utility purposes.
    Really, I would like Winds of Promy. to remove spells like WHM -na would normally remove, would like better killer traits, and something should be done with diffusion. That 10 minute timer is should be reduced down to 5 minutes.
    (0)

Player
    Though unlikely to actually occur, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a pruning of BLU's spellbook. There are just far too many totally useless spells that were included solely for the sake of having something from each and every monster type in the early days. There is no reason that we need multiple single target Drain effects which are all amazingly weak, have no/bad traits attached to them, and aren't affected by "Enhances Drain/Aspir" gear for instance.. Most of them should be purged to make room in the dats for new spells which actually might see play (even if said spells are not Blue Magic... I wouldn't exactly be upset if our 196 spell list got reduced a bit.)

Other than that, and equally unlikely to be implemented, I'd love to see some form of Occult Acumen get applied to Blue Magic. As is, outside of a small handful of spells used for their additional effects, it's always a bad idea to use physical Blue Magic due to the loss of TP generation while casting and the frequently lower damage output compared to what you'd get from simply swinging your swords. If it were possible to generate a reasonable amount of TP from casting physical magic, then the loss of TP generated and WS frequency would be lowered, making it less punishing to actually use the spells that we have set.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Though unlikely to actually occur, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a pruning of BLU's spellbook. There are just far too many totally useless spells that were included solely for the sake of having something from each and every monster type in the early days. There is no reason that we need multiple single target Drain effects which are all amazingly weak, have no/bad traits attached to them, and aren't affected by "Enhances Drain/Aspir" gear for instance.. Most of them should be purged to make room in the dats for new spells which actually might see play (even if said spells are not Blue Magic... I wouldn't exactly be upset if our 196 spell list got reduced a bit.)

Other than that, and equally unlikely to be implemented, I'd love to see some form of Occult Acumen get applied to Blue Magic. As is, outside of a small handful of spells used for their additional effects, it's always a bad idea to use physical Blue Magic due to the loss of TP generation while casting and the frequently lower damage output compared to what you'd get from simply swinging your swords. If it were possible to generate a reasonable amount of TP from casting physical magic, then the loss of TP generated and WS frequency would be lowered, making it less punishing to actually use the spells that we have set.
    I mean, if you don't want them you don't have to go learn them. Some people like collecting these things, and others only want what's necessary. You can sort the spell list so the stuff you don't care about is buried.

They would only actually need to do this if they intend to add other new spells, as there can only be so many spells in the game.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I mean, if you don't want them you don't have to go learn them. Some people like collecting these things, and others only want what's necessary. You can sort the spell list so the stuff you don't care about is buried.

They would only actually need to do this if they intend to add other new spells, as there can only be so many spells in the game.
    That is the point of hoping that there is a pruning. ^^;; Removing effectively useless and pointless spells to make room for new stuff (even if it's not BLU stuff) would be a positive in my opinion. I say this with 4x BLUs, 2x mastered with full spellbooks.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Not just for BLU but removing pointless spells in general would be great. You learned protect 1 20 years ago and haven't cast it in 20 years? too bad it's in your spell list forever.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Bump, no updates and no word on this jobs future. We have tons of spells that are completely useless and outdated (Maelstrom, 162 MP and lower power than Subduction which is 25 MP...)

So many of our spells could use reworks or we need gear that improves spell potency (specifically additional effects and debuffs) and spell duration.
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So I’m MOSTLY happy with how BLU plays at max level. It has a full selection of powerful elemental AoE spells. It has great self and party buffs and even some decent enemy debuffs and a great selection of job traits.

Where I think BLU has fallen short is in the physical spell department. It has some nice spells with some decent effects and power and it can even skillchain with them under chain affinity…. But… They are too weak compared to BLUs sword melee. With haste 2, mighty guard, attack buffs and a sword skill that it can spam every 3 seconds that produces a light skillchain, what is the point in ever casting a melee spell anymore? It slows you down, it’s weaker and unless you’re using chain affinity you can’t even combo with it.

Really this is more a problem with the meta of the game, melee weaponskills are simply too powerful and too easy to use, but I don’t see that meta going anywhere anytime soon, so BLU physical spells really need to be looked at either to be buffed to be worth using over CDC spam or given some kind of alternative use, possibly a rework for chain and burst affinity so the spells have chain and magic burst properties as standard and CA and BA just double the damage or something.

Other than that, I could definitely see a spell trimming. There is a LOT of useless spells in there that could be cut. Merit reworks would be nice, a lot of jobs got their merit abilities made base kit and their category 2 changed, I could see that happening for BLU.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast