Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Dominion Invasion isn't fun - Suggestion

Cons:

Enemies die too quickly. Content is too short. Majority of time spent is waiting for it to spawn.
    Players that open up with aoes seem to get the most credit on the first wave.
    Dominion Invasions are always the same.
    Teleport between each of the 3 zones is annoying.
    Increased currency for players that deal finishing blow. Causes players to hold out damage so they can get the finishing blow when its around 10%.
    Dragon doesn't seem to move.

Suggestion:

Would suggest just adding a battlefield large enough for 50-70 of player can enter. Like a instance. Just have the player gain rewards the further amount of waves they defeat. Then just kick them outta the area after 20mins/end of the 8th/9th wave. Scale the item level of every wave from 119->135+. Basically a besieged without the npcs or mirror. Just spawn after spawn of enemy waves.

Then simply all the players inside get the same currency reward after every wave.
    Entry on the 30min marker. 1 hour cool down for reentry. 80 Dominion points daily cap and get 10 points/106~212 beads for every wave tier cleared. Roughly 8/9 waves. 25+ enemy waves. Bead amounts in order of wave rewards, 106-106-106-106-106-106-106-212-212. Total: Wave4: 424, Wave8: 954, Wave9: 1166 beads. 20% chance of the 9th wave/mega boss appearing if 8th wave is cleared before the 15min mark. If 15min goal isn't melt and 9th wave doesn't appear the event will end on the 8th wave.

Waves 5+ won't spawn unless wave 4 is defeated within 6mins. Dominion Invasion will end if at wave 4 if the clear time is not met. This will prevent hard waves from appearing if overall dps isn't met and ending content early.
    (3)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Getting bonus *anything* from kill-shot, was always a terrible game mechanic, and I was surprised to see SE add it to content once again, in 2019.

Stalking the kill-shot, always brings out the ugliness and greed in some people.

Also it is counter-intuitive. If you have no TP or MP near the end of a fight, that probably means you've been "giving everything you've got" during the main part of the fight itself, which means you have contributed more than somebody who just stands there with 300TP waiting for the kill-shot.

It always saddens me when ugliness and greed are rewarded, while skill and courage are ignored. Sadly this seems to be a trend nowadays.
    (10)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It's always fun when something dies before it appears on screen
    (2)

Character
    Illuminate
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Domain invasion change offers a great points system for access to new gears. The current draw-back is that the pre-dragon enemies die literally before they can even be seen on the screen (usually). Also, farming silt from dragons is no longer possible because the dragons die just about as fast as the pre-dragon enemies. Farming beads from dragons is also no longer viable. One plus to this however is that the bots that used to farm dragons hopefully will be made obsolete by the new system.
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    This is the quote from what i left as feedback under the FFXI digest. These recommendations would disperse the congestion issue.

~ I believe they should build upon this configuration of content with new monthly installments of this very type of community accessible notorious monster battle by adding a single domain invasion notorious monster battlefield to each of the original + Zilart + CoP outdoor areas.
    ~ The hard cap of 80 D.I. points daily would remain for the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel D.I. Each newly created D.I. could add an additional daily cap increase of 20 points per associated victory through key item acquisition.
    ~ The new D.I. notorious monsters i propose would each have an unlock upon their individual key item acquisition to a small number of specific rewards linked to the D.I. key item.
    ~ Each new D.I. NM can for sure be themed around the environment of the area and enemy types that currently inhabit those areas.
    ~ Each new D.I. would be scheduled into the spawn cycles making the deliberate decision and travel of a character to a necessary battlefield a core prerequisite for participation.
    ~ Rhapsodies of Vana'diel D.I. and the proposed original+Zilart+CoP D.I.'s could have an unchained spawn cycle once 3-4 months of new introductions of D.I. NMs are made.

- - - - -

I agree with all who have suggested a max HP scaling increase for the spawned enemies and boss. Nothing unsurmountable, for example each participant beyond six with the domain invasion tag could add an additional max HP amount of +10% until a cap of +400% max HP is reached.

I also agree that the "battle arena" sphere could be increased in size some to allow for the wave one enemies to be more dispersed and possibly be given more diversity.

Below is a suggestion that i left in an old topic that could, should be part of this discussion.

~

An idea i had posted in another thread about an all new endgame content addition.
    I would like to see some new powerful ilvl 119, enemy power level 135 challenging HNM created and established within areas of open air size from original FFXI. I'm suggesting La Theine Plateau, Valkurm Dunes, Konschtat Highlands, Pashhow Marshlands, Rolanberry Fields, Batallia Downs, Jugner Forest, Meriphataud Mountains, Sauromugue Champaign, Xarcabard, Eastern Altepa Desert and outdoor CoP areas.

Design would have to be extremely important and properly executed. 90 to 120 minute respawn times per NM once a full roster of various NM is established. Advanced inclusive interface and accessibility that echoes the domain invasion wyrms.
    A purely NPC collaborated reward system that mirrors ToAU assault reward vendors and Campaign Battle Allied Notes.
    Pre-requirements to content access suggesting lvl 99 + potpourri initial permanent key item @ cost of 500 potpourri. Temporary key item for combat access per battle @ cost of 2500 conquest points. New temporary key item available from npc placed at most centralized < pos > map location available immediately after the defeat of previous combat. No artificial time limitations placed on encounter.
    "Rage" conditional attack speed, attack power, defense, movement speed + draw-in for HNM incumbered by environmental obstructions with duration of 120 seconds.
    Rewards that excel above Geas Fete content treasures and equally as significant in variety, applications and diversity.
    These new NMs could take form in the depictions of beastmen, or geographically correlated enemy types, or evil anti-characters of storyline npc.
    Bonus currency could be distributed to alliances that attain the highest three evaluations of enmity time sustained, total damage, least K.O.'s, status ailments healed and highest adherence to weaknesses and avoidance of player-produced ineffective actions (as in immunities) much alike campaign battles.
    Trusts are allowed, but come at a penalty of -10% currency reward per total trust activated per encounter. Evaluations are dispensed upon alliance composition, if a player disbands from an alliance during an encounter they can not accept a party invite until the encounter ends or until they change areas which will remove the encounter status from their character. Characters attain encounter status once they have the temporary key item and successfully engage the combat through standard claim/enmity conditions.
    (2)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 12-17-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Player
    Although I agree with many points it's worth mentioning that they just added it, far fewer people will be doing it month 2 than month 1.
    (0)

Character
    Coffeegood
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Although I agree with many points it's worth mentioning that they just added it, far fewer people will be doing it month 2 than month 1.
    if you're not terminally ill then this is a good option to wait to have fun on the game you're paying monthly subscriptions for
    (0)

Player
    You -have- to do it every day, from day one until the end of time. can't possibly miss out on those daily point caps. You're all supposed to still be obtaining wyrm ash until the game closes.
    (0)
    If the delivery box is loaded with 8x gil can we PLEASE get a take all button. It's just an unnecessary step to click 8 times.

Not concerned about SPEED, but BUTTON PRESSES. Confirming. every. single. time. is. excessive. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money.

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    What is the wrym ash for?
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura