Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ghost HP flux

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    In some cases it can matter what order certain items are equipped in, so maybe t hat's why.
    (0)

Character
    Mikumaru
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    This is using /equipsets, so would that make it a bug?
    (0)

Character
    Mikumaru
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    So this sum of all fears with this was realized during a Wave 3 Dynamis run last night. We're fighting the Disjoined Mithra, I cure myself to full, my HP gets ghosted to 2818 , the NM hits me with a single melee hit bringing me down to 2780 then WS for 2800 and I died. Had this HP issue not existed, I would have survived and we would have won. But instead she turned on our DRK who did his best to survive, and I was unable to regain hate before he died, dropping our damage output and running out of time with 6% HP left. I implore the Devs to please look into this. Being handicapped by some silly mechanism like this is total nonsense. You're better than this Square, you made FF7 and FF10. Please. Help.
    (0)

Character
    Mikumaru
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Disappointing.
    (0)

Player
    I'm sorry, I dont have much paladin equipment or I would try this to help. If I did, I would ask you to post which set your going from so I could try doing the same. However, the best I can suggest is to swap out a piece of equipment at a time to see which pieces change the end result. Maybe this can help you figure out if its the order the gear is changed or if its a specific piece of equipment. I hope they do look and figure this out for you though! Good Luck Mikumaru!
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    This is phenomenon I have observed as well. I believe it to be a failure of a packet to store info of a player's active HP level and transfer it to the re-accumulated active HP after an equipment change. It is definitely a failure within the coding at the program level. SE might have purposely imposed this defect to prevent players from swapping into higher MaxHP equipment juking the game into a 'phantom cure' which would result in a higher active HP from when they began.

I am personally interested in seeing this resolved properly. I hope the FFXI team can find a solution. The effect you are experiencing from what i can perceive is the game is giving you a resulting active HP based upon what would be your lowest available MaxHP from each individual item slot between both the starting set and the set you switch to.

SMN players know about this very well from their Escha Abj. uncursed Apogee equipment.

In a perfect world an individual macro would allow for 20 or so lines of command text, I'm sure that we have the reoccurring explanation of "Limited PS2 code restrictions" for why this can't be done.

Have you attempted to use six individual macro lines for your most drastic +MaxHP item exchanges to see if this is occurring utilizing macro syntax commands available prior to /equipset ? { /equip "Location" "Item" } ?
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Realize removing an item that gives you HP+250 to an item that gives you HP+230 does NOT refill your HP minus 20 upon equipping, it only gives you the ability to have 230 more HP, but not filled.
    Here's how it works:
    Let's say at full HP you have 3300/3300 HP with no damage.
    Your /equipset "changes" body piece with a status of HP+250, to one with HP+230.
    The system removes the body piece and makes your HP stats become 3050/3050. (removed the HP+250 from original piece.)
    The new piece is added on and it gives you the ability have more HP (now at 3050/3280), but doesn't necessarily FILL the HP bar to that point.
    Doing this through multiple pieces will give you the appearance of having lost a bunch of HP without having to take damage from an outside source.
    (You may not see the FULL amount lost if you have any area/party member buffs for regen+ on.)
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Realize removing an item that gives you HP+250 to an item that gives you HP+230 does NOT refill your HP minus 20 upon equipping, it only gives you the ability to have 230 more HP, but not filled.
    Here's how it works:
    Let's say at full HP you have 3300/3300 HP with no damage.
    Your /equipset "changes" body piece with a status of HP+250, to one with HP+230.
    The system removes the body piece and makes your HP stats become 3050/3050. (removed the HP+250 from original piece.)
    The new piece is added on and it gives you the ability have more HP (now at 3050/3280), but doesn't necessarily FILL the HP bar to that point.
    Doing this through multiple pieces will give you the appearance of having lost a bunch of HP without having to take damage from an outside source.
    (You may not see the FULL amount lost if you have any area/party member buffs for regen+ on.)
    I can say that this does not happen to me. I've never seen that happen before, I just tested this with multiple locations of equipment and its not happening. If it were your example, I go from 3300 to 3280. However I agree when I switch back to the gear that has me at 3300 I end up with 3280/3300HP because it does not restore. EDIT: using /equipset, not removing a piece and putting on another piece which i agree would do what your saying. Unless I mis-read I think were talking about the use of /equipset.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lockhart; 04-08-2020 at 05:44 AM.

Character
    Mikumaru
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    While waiting for Burtgang AG to cook at Oboro I decided to play with gear and find some HP combos and what not and found my complaint seems to be tied to the Hjarrandi Helm and Reforged JSE. Testing using Cure in the originally stated gear set I am losing 244 HP. When I replace head, hands, legs, and feet with Souveran +1 items (significantly higher HP) only 100 HP gets dumped. I may test later and swap out body. But adding pieces from the Original gearset slowly increases the loss.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2