Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Avereith
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I will agree that this system should be different and I think it should have perhaps a weekly or even monthly system of points. Having another daily grind activity is not what this game should be about anymore, and it is not a good direction to take any activities. We will still subscribe and play even if we aren't forced to play every day. Listen up!
    (2)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Well, if he won't bother to post it on here, I'll just copy it over for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Torzak" FFXIAH
    I'd hit like on the official forum, but I don't have a login and I'm not making one.

The whole "Login every single day and do <insert something here>" is fine for really simple tasks that take all of 2 or 3mins and have little or no real impact on your ability to keep up in the game in terms of fight performance.

Dark Matter campaigns are one of the biggest rule breakers for me in this regard, but they take literally 1.5mins per day to do and so it's hard to be loud about it.

But when you have to login every single day for something that takes an hour of your time, and does end up making a difference in how you're able to perform in an encounter (obtaining new gear), it crosses the line for me.

I mean, let's say someone only plays with any seriousness on the weekends. They are only going to be able to realistically get 2 or 3 out of the 7 dailies worth of points. Let's say they do get 2 out of the 7 days in terms of total points. So 80x2=160 points. You're talking about ~13 days of real life time for one piece of gear for someone who does it every single day vs 6.5 weeks for someone who plays 2 days a week to get the same piece of gear.

And there's NO way for skill or performance to shore up the difference in obtaining the new gear. This content requires no skill. You don't even have to engage to get the Domain Points. So it's purely coming down to disposable time. Pilling on too many dailies is a great way to needlessly punish people who have things to do in Real Life.

I'm totally fine with gated content, and I understand the need for it, and I understand the various mechanisms you can use to employ time gates, but I'm not ok with the seeming bombardment of "dailies".

When you have a Dark Matter campaign, for example, sometimes I'm happy to login and do that and other times I feel like I suffer through it just to login for the whole 2mins to do it, even though just logging into this game is an archaic experience that takes longer than it should have to. As soon as I enter my password(s) and hit enter, I should be looking at a character select screen. But I digress on the archaic login.

People have Real Life stuff going on, and weeklies are highly preferred over dailies.

And whoever said something about a lull between the beginning and the end of the week, if it was a weekly instead of a daily, where people could maybe actually get their bead farming in, I just want to say that was a good point.
    Now what I posted there but not here yesterday:

if this were changed to a weekly limit, you'd have at least 7 chances to get a full 80 points in a fight, instead of the current max of a single fight where you can get 80; after which you're guaranteed to get throttled if you get double killshot.

On FFXIAH, many complain about only being able to get 100 beads per fight.
    if it were to change to a weekly cap, mid-week would usually see far fewer doing DI as one portion would get it done early in the week (sunday~monday) and the rest would wait to the last minute (friday~saturday).
    This means there'd be a lull where it's easier to farm for beads.
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Open your minds.

The interface of these changes that SE has made on official servers concerning daily caps is due to the heavy usage of Bots/Scripts and (ToS violations) that had and even are being used for the Domain Invasion currency. Beads/Silt/Stones/Lixirs/and now D.I. points. In a perfect world the player base would consist of 100% honest people that have the utmost integrity, but due to rotten entitled types that break the ToS agreement to advance their accumulation of pixels far beyond what they would be capable of without the cheating; SE has and must put into place limitations around a real life cycle of time as to not allow for these bot+script users outrageously inflated advantages accumulating points, materials, items and equipment.

I applaud them for this design.

~ I believe they should build upon this configuration of content with new monthly installments of this very type of community accessible notorious monster battle by adding a single domain invasion notorious monster battlefield to each of the original + zilart + CoP outdoor areas.
    ~ The hard cap of 80 D.I. points daily would remain for the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel D.I. Each newly created D.I. could add an additional daily cap increase of 20 points per associated victory through key item acquisition.
    ~ The new D.I. notorious monsters i propose would each have an unlock upon their individual key item acquisition to a small number of specific rewards linked to the D.I. key item.
    ~ Each new D.I. NM can for sure be themed around the environment of the area and enemy types that currently inhabit those areas.
    ~ Each new D.I. would be scheduled into the spawn cycles making the deliberate decision and travel of a character to a necessary battlefield a core prerequisite for participation.
    ~ Rhapsodies of Vana'diel D.I. and the proposed original+Zilart+CoP D.I.'s could have an unchained spawn cycle once 3-4 months of new introductions of D.I. NMs are made.

! The one concern i have currently about the evolved/enhanced D.I. concerns the 1000 point ammunition for bullets/arrows/bolts if they are lost by a /ra command while equipped in the ammo slot. These new bullets/arrows/bolts need to be given a stat and displayed with a stat along the lines of "Attain unlimited shot" or "Unlimited shot recast is removed". Another less punishing way to prevent the complete loss of a 1000 point ammo would be to switch the ammo reward to a quiver that would dispense a number of ammo per a set time cycle (I would suggest a quiver per 72 hours).
    (1)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 12-12-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    Open you minds.
    Open yours, we understand some may consider botting. If you want the players to notice and report them, a 7 hour window of time to see someone acting sketch, likely all at once is going to be noticed a lot easier than 1hour a day.
    The 1200 crafting material basically begs for bots to take the task; especially when the killshot bonuses are pretty much wasted when there are so few opportunities to actually get those points.

They should build on what has actually proven to reduce the chance of bots, not how obvious those bots are to other players.
    Chocobo digging, 100/day limit. Fishing 200/day limit, now D.I. 80 limit. Stopped no bots ever. They just bot until cap then log into the next character in their cycle.
    The only thing it does is make it harder for other players to notice and therefore report.

Honestly, banning goes along the same lines. If they would instead reset the character to the state of its first login, and keep the old name, The player base would quickly learn who to be suspicious of while the character is forced to repeat basic progression in the hopes it isn't reset yet again when the character returns to its old habits.
    Instead they kill off the old character so the RMT must buy a new copy of the game, then a new unknown name pops up. Hiding them from increased scrutiny for a time.

With regards to the new 1000 point ammo, yeah. One arrow/bullet/bolt and it's gone has always been stupid. I have no idea why they'd repeat that mistake again.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If SE reset a RMT character to 'new creation' with the same name re-attached, they'd likely just delete that character name and make a new one in it's place.

~ But let this daily point cap limitation be a lesson to anyone who believes or is indifferent about ToS violations not having consequences. Please do not condone 3rd party programs that create detrimental issues on the official servers. Please report observed blatant use of prohibited programs. I would also strongly advise with regards to mercs that any activity that can be exploited or obstructed by bots to be boycotted by all that come into contact with forbidden behavior or offers.
    (1)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 12-12-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I actually forgot deleting characters was possible.
    ... remove the option to delete, put a 6month~year hold on 'new characters' before they can server transfer.
    That should do it.

I got quite jaded about reporting because nothing ever happened. Since they are actually trying again. guess I'll start reporting obviously sketch stuff again.
    (0)
    Last edited by Voidstorm; 12-12-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Changes to the system were not needed. It's the same argument that people use for gun laws. Gun laws just make it harder for law abiding citizens to get them. Criminals DON'T follow laws, that is why by definition they are CRIMINALS.

Same thing applies to those that bot, botters will always bot. All SE had to do was ENFORCE EXISTING RULES, not change the mechanics.

These changes make it harder to farm beads, force people to login EVERY day and add another event to their schedule. Doesn't the agreement we accept before login say that they have no desire to see your real life suffer as consequences, by making it daily does this.
    (5)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 12-12-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    While I agree with Torzak, and by all means he's a player that commands respect with the time he has dedicated to this game and his knoweldge, we need to look at what the developers are trying to do. Part of it is to honestly restrict RMT. I agree with our fellow players that pointed this out. But there are two other aspects that are overlooked. One aspect is that they want to prevent players from burning through new content they provide, thus allowing them to catch up on actually handling RMT and release newer content we all can enjoy. They are also trying to make the content that is available still relevant, and bring players to areas in which players returning or building their characters. This creates density, where players are interacting and with those interactions, the likelihood of strong ties and weak ties are likely to be made.

So I understand what you all are saying. And the understanding of what SE is trying to do makes sense for anyone who studies social capital and social networking. But what they don't realize is that while density allows for multiplex relationships and building on the social network to increase social capital, structural holes are just as important. Might I suggest offer similar content that also drops the same content for more advanced players? You did this with Einjhair as an answer to those who were not in a HNMLS and I think something similar would remedy the solution.

The TL;DR of this is SE is trying to increase player interaction but they are forgetting that in forcing interaction they erode cliques that may actually help maintain a place for endgame players and foster prolonged interest as well as a possible suggestion how to fix said problem.
    (0)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It appears the Japanese are complaining about the same thing though. For all those curious, the link is below:

https://translate.googleusercontent....KUg#post622552
    (1)
    Last edited by Seish; 12-13-2019 at 03:57 AM.

Player
    Forcing people to login in daily is the objective.
    (1)
    If the delivery box is loaded with 8x gil can we PLEASE get a take all button. It's just an unnecessary step to click 8 times.

Not concerned about SPEED, but BUTTON PRESSES. Confirming. every. single. time. is. excessive. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast