Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

December 2019 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

The latest FINAL FANTASY XI Digest is now available! The digest covers key features from the most recent version update. Check out the video, try the version update, and leave a feedback based on your experience of playing the new content.

• Please reply to this thread to leave your feedback.
    • Please only post feedback pertaining to the version update and digest video in this thread.
    • To better collect your feedback, we ask that you post one specific feedback per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
    • Before posting your feedback, check the thread to see if similar feedback was already mentioned and hit the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the same feedback.
    (5)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Felt this video lacked substance compared to the last one. But I feel what you two are doing and I like it. I wish however this covered some of the RMT and item duping issues we've been having. I kind of feel this was a missed opportunity. But keeping to the video and not going off on a tangent, we will have to see how the PLD adjustment changed things. With that stated, however, enhancing DRK's abilities with respects with their scythe may not have been a wise choice when considering that PLD (Knight in Japanese) struggles to keep enmity as is. While I understand you want to retain the party dynamic of enmity control through the use of ability and spells, the only realistic way to do that would be to revive content that allows for that playstyle to shine. But since everyone beats mobs to the ground, something more needs to be done than just giving PLD the initial enmity they receive. As for myself, I am not asking for an easy button for PLD. Nor do I think that they should be able to tank with ease. But they need something that helps them reduce enmity lost with every hit they receive.

This won't be an easy task. And maybe not something that will be initially addressed and I think the cures and the banishga will be a good start. Though I don't understand why it was previously mentioned PLD's would get a curaga into something that increases in range. The range is not an issue for PLD. The issue is enmity control. A cure is a cure. Unless you give this ability to generate some enmity on one player, I don't think this will help enough. You need to enhance them more.

EDIT: Just saw the update log you posted and saw that it included a AOE curaga. Please disregard comment about the cure.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seish; 12-10-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The Scythe issue was to bring it into line with greatsword, particularly Torcleaver usage benches scythe when a skillchain property from scythe is not beneficial.
    (1)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    No I get why they did it. But I am thinking if your that PLD and that WS goes off, it's gonna be that much harder to hold enmity.
    (0)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Majesty

This ability is interesting, but at its core doesnt address any of the core issues Paladin players have been asking for years to have fixed.

Fundamentally speaking, healing in parties is not an issue, and a single dedicated healer in parties can handle curing on their own with little issue.

Due to contents heavy focus on a meta of rapidly burning down bosses, when you choose a tank for your party, there are 4 things you want.

1. The tank must be durable enough to handle taking the highest damage attacks of the boss and not die. They must have high HP, damage mitigation, and magic evasion. All jobs handle this part fine enough. Paladin has no issues here with Aegis and Burtgang

2. The Tank must have the ability to generate Enmity faster than the Damage Dealers, This is extremely crucial and the most important! And, at its core, a dedicated Paladin cannot do this task AND also satisfy requirement #3 below.

3. The Tank must either put out enough DPS to speed up the fight, or weaken the enemy such that the other Damage Dealers kill even faster.. Paladins can put out respectable damage, BUT, their small handful of hate generating tools are on very very long cooldowns. Rune fencer however has several hate generation tools that are Job Abilities and generate hate instantly and have fast cooldowns.

Why is Rune Fencer compared to Paladin?

Because Rune Fencer can perform both #2 and #3 at the same time without sacrifices.

Paladins must choose between #2 or #3, because our means to perform #2, is to use a Blue Mage subjob and spam Enmitty generating spells back to back, which means we do not have time to melee or deal damage, and instead just keep casting spells.

The solution is simple.

Majesty should be weakened a fair bit to not be nearly as strong as it is via a "drawback", become a "Mode" that is enabled, and generate constant Enmity for every cast. Much akin to Monks "Footwork"

Majesty
    Cooldown: 120 seconds
    Duration: 60 seconds
    While active, Healing or Divine spells you cast have shorter casting ranges, but apply in an Area of Effect to multiple targets, and generate additional Enmity.

The "and generates additional AoE" part is key.

This effect should apply regardless of the spell. In other words, even healing allies for 0 HP should still generate a sizable amount of enmity.

This ability should shorten, not lengthen the range on spells. It should instead be designed to require party members to stand close by to gain the full benefit.

This encourages paladins to fit into the niche of the Melee party, where all 6 party members stand very close to the target. The range on Majesty should shorten spell range to such a degree you can only cast it on enemies and allies very very close by.

This effectively can be considered a "engaging close range combat mode" for paladins, while also substantially boosting their Enmity generation.

The goal would be for, once Majesty has ended, the Paladin has generated such a monumental amount of hate they can safely hold the fight for the remainder of the battle.

This ability is clever too. Many large boss fights have "phases" you have designed for them, and during some phases players do not want to be close to the enemy, and during other phases they do want to be close by.

Majesty designed in this way would encourage paladins to "time" their use of it for an optimal moment, when its safe for their party members to be close by to promote enmity generation, as well as melee the enemy and burn its health down.

Using Majesty during a "stay away" phase would spell disaster for a naive paladin, so it also encourages tactics, planning, and teamwork for the paladin.

All well within FFXI's design philosophy.

Please seriously consider these statements, most paladin players are very unhappy with the what Majesty seems to do currently and feel it has not addressed any of the problems with paladin the community perceives.
    (7)
    Last edited by Urat; 12-10-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Sounds like Urat should be hired by SE.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seish; 12-10-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Character
    Pellerian
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I dont agree with Urat. Why the hell would you want to REDUCE the ability to cast AoE spells when you have none to begin with. Oh wait, YOU DON'T!

I agree that Majesty lacks serious luster, but to reduce it's uptime and reduce it's overall effectiveness is just plain stupid. Not all players are able to be the top 1% in the paladin community but instead of throwing ideas that work best for YOU; you need to take into consideration what works best for everyone.

I've said this before and I will never stop saying this; GIVE URIEL BLADE TO PALADIN! We dont need a fix to Majesty just give us a better WS that can hold hate 100x's better!

Edit: Now that I come to think of it; Majesty just needs one small change. It should state: " Healing and Divine spells" but preserve its AoE range and potency. Having Flash as an AoE spell would increase a Paladin's enmity 10 fold.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pellerian; 12-11-2019 at 02:09 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Thank you for another monthly update and giving us the opportunity to provide feedback:

1.) You have severely crippled that rate at which Beads are acquired. (Also, 80 Doman Points per day is brutally slow).

2.) Majesty is interesting, but could you please lower the recast of Reprisal from 180 seconds to 45 seconds? (This would match Foil).

3.) Atonement should be updated to produce damage similar to existing sword weaponskills. (OR Atonement should be a self-targeted WS that functions like Erase).
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thank you for the video! I always like Matsui's random shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pellerian View Post
    I don't agree with Urat...
    Fixed. Insulting someone really gets what you want right?

Quote Originally Posted by Seish View Post
    I wish however this covered some of the RMT and item duping issues we've been having.
    I don't think they would even want to mention it in a video. You likely get some information from the STF team themselves but...

Our hero.
    (1)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pellerian View Post
    Now that I come to think of it; Majesty just needs one small change. It should state: " Healing and Divine spells" but preserve its AoE range and potency. Having Flash as an AoE spell would increase a Paladin's enmity 10 fold.
    As nice as that would be, its way too OP.

The reason you want Majesty to have reduced cast range but apply as an AoE was detailed in my post. Please give it a read. It would result in MASSIVE enmity gains and achieve what you said, but at a "cost"
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast