Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Pellerian
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urat View Post
    As nice as that would be, its way too OP.

The reason you want Majesty to have reduced cast range but apply as an AoE was detailed in my post. Please give it a read. It would result in MASSIVE enmity gains and achieve what you said, but at a "cost"
    It shouldn't require "A COST." And I did read your post this why I disagree with you. If you want a cost just increase the amount of MP used. But you want something more detrimental.

Runefencer has the most powerful AoE enmity tool in the form of Foil. Usable more often than flash that one spell is WAY too OP imho. If its cast cast was double that of flash then maybe, MAYBE it would be in line with how weak flash is currently. An AoE even without a potency buff would allow Paldin to close the ground with Runefencer.

And I'm still not going to leave it alone. GIVE PALADIN URIEL BLADE!
    (0)
    Last edited by Pellerian; 12-11-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I am sorry. We all are the paying customers and we should respect each other equally. Please keep in mind, English isn't my first language.
    (1)

3. 12-11-2019 03:19 AM
    Reason
    Unrelated

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    See this may be the place where I disagree with the devs' feelings about skillful play and such.

Maintaining enmity should not be difficult. As long as you're utilizing all your skills where they are appropriate, enmity gain should be the thing you have to think about the least. Just having a job whose primary purpose is holding hate means that person should always have hate outside of enmity reset attacks or the player (or other players) making egregious errors. in FFXIV, even though tanking was honestly not that difficult to begin with, they simplified tanks' skill sets a bit and all tank jobs basically have a "gain lots of enmity" toggle skill. And that is needed because the most involved aspect of controlling enmity tanks will ever have to do is tank swapping. This actually went a long way to reducing the player count disparity between tanks and other jobs. And since FFXIV has no enmity cap whatsoever, things usually only get messy if the tank dies.

TL;DR: If you are a tank, the monster should always be on you as long as you're using your abilities with gear appropriate for your level (outside of special hate mechanics). in FFXI, every job is already involved enough, so tank-typed jobs in FFXI have added complexity vs all other jobs (That is, tank jobs are automatically harder to play just because they're tank jobs) with enmity control being as annoying as it is right now in the game.
    (1)

Character
    Nightbear
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

NIN

Please remove off hand penalty for REMA weapons ( one can only dream ) having a Kikoku off hand been able to use Blade Metsu or not loosing "Main hand" only effects would be great for Ninja.
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    A topic was started about the Domain Invasion daily point cap. Some short-sighted grumbling about the structure of a 24 hour cycle.

There are very valid reasons why our FFXI development and design team made this choice.

Below is the response i left in the original topic.

The interface of these changes that SE has made on official servers concerning daily caps is due to the heavy usage of Bots/Scripts and (ToS violations) that had and even are being used for the Domain Invasion currency. Beads/Silt/Stones/Lixirs/and now D.I. points. In a perfect world the player base would consist of 100% honest people that have the utmost integrity, but due to rotten entitled types that break the ToS agreement to advance their accumulation of pixels far beyond what they would be capable of without the cheating; SE has and must put into place limitations around a real life cycle of time as to not allow for these bot+script users outrageously inflated advantages accumulating points, materials, items and equipment.

I applaud them for this design.

~ I believe they should build upon this configuration of content with new monthly installments of this very type of community accessible notorious monster battle by adding a single domain invasion notorious monster battlefield to each of the original + Zilart + CoP outdoor areas.
    ~ The hard cap of 80 D.I. points daily would remain for the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel D.I. Each newly created D.I. could add an additional daily cap increase of 20 points per associated victory through key item acquisition.
    ~ The new D.I. notorious monsters i propose would each have an unlock upon their individual key item acquisition to a small number of specific rewards linked to the D.I. key item.
    ~ Each new D.I. NM can for sure be themed around the environment of the area and enemy types that currently inhabit those areas.
    ~ Each new D.I. would be scheduled into the spawn cycles making the deliberate decision and travel of a character to a necessary battlefield a core prerequisite for participation.
    ~ Rhapsodies of Vana'diel D.I. and the proposed original+Zilart+CoP D.I.'s could have an unchained spawn cycle once 3-4 months of new introductions of D.I. NMs are made.

! The one concern i have currently about the evolved/enhanced D.I. concerns the 1000 point ammunition for bullets/arrows/bolts if they are lost by a /ra command while equipped in the ammo slot. These new bullets/arrows/bolts need to be given a stat and displayed with a stat along the lines of "Attain unlimited shot" or "Unlimited shot recast is removed". Another less punishing way to prevent the complete loss of a 1000 point ammo would be to switch the ammo reward to a quiver that would dispense a number of ammo per a set time cycle (I would suggest a quiver per 72 hours).
    (1)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 12-12-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    A topic was started about the Domain Invasion daily point cap. Some short-sighted grumbling about the structure of a 24 hour cycle.

There are very valid reasons why our FFXI development and design team made this choice.

Below is the response i left in the original topic.

The interface of these changes that SE has made on official servers concerning daily caps is due to the heavy usage of Bots/Scripts and (ToS violations) that had and even are being used for the Domain Invasion currency. Beads/Silt/Stones/Lixirs/and now D.I. points. In a perfect world the player base would consist of 100% honest people that have the utmost integrity, but due to rotten entitled types that break the ToS agreement to advance their accumulation of pixels far beyond what they would be capable of without the cheating; SE has and must put into place limitations around a real life cycle of time as to not allow for these bot+script users outrageously inflated advantages accumulating points, materials, items and equipment.

I applaud them for this design.

~ I believe they should build upon this configuration of content with new monthly installments of this very type of community accessible notorious monster battle by adding a single domain invasion notorious monster battlefield to each of the original + Zilart + CoP outdoor areas.
    ~ The hard cap of 80 D.I. points daily would remain for the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel D.I. Each newly created D.I. could add an additional daily cap increase of 20 points per associated victory through key item acquisition.
    ~ The new D.I. notorious monsters i propose would each have an unlock upon their individual key item acquisition to a small number of specific rewards linked to the D.I. key item.
    ~ Each new D.I. NM can for sure be themed around the environment of the area and enemy types that currently inhabit those areas.
    ~ Each new D.I. would be scheduled into the spawn cycles making the deliberate decision and travel of a character to a necessary battlefield a core prerequisite for participation.
    ~ Rhapsodies of Vana'diel D.I. and the proposed original+Zilart+CoP D.I.'s could have an unchained spawn cycle once 3-4 months of new introductions of D.I. NMs are made.

! The one concern i have currently about the evolved/enhanced D.I. concerns the 1000 point ammunition for bullets/arrows/bolts if they are lost by a /ra command while equipped in the ammo slot. These new bullets/arrows/bolts need to be given a stat and displayed with a stat along the lines of "Attain unlimited shot" or "Unlimited shot recast is removed". Another less punishing way to prevent the complete loss of a 1000 point ammo would be to switch the ammo reward to a quiver that would dispense a number of ammo per a set time cycle (I would suggest a quiver per 72 hours).
    Honestly, I think you misunderstand the reason for their gripes and how they would like to see it resolved.

The complaint is that there are already too many daily activities that take up a lot of your time if you want to hit them all, and domain is moreso than most. They're proposing a weekly limit instead of a daily limit (the exact limit itself I'd say is open to debate. Then they can say set aside one or two days and play for the needed length of time, and make it easier to manage the stuff they need/want to do every day. This doesn't mean they can get more stuff, it only means more flexibility as to when they do that stuff.

Bots don't really care if content limits are daily weekly monthly or yearly. They will be set up to farm the content optimally regardless. It's really not a good reason not to do something that would improve quality of life for the players.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    560 on a weekly allows a script to be run unattended for a session which frees that character up to do nefarious things the other 6 days a week.
    (4)

Player
    If I did all of my daily chores, excluding the new DI, on all of my characters, I would be playing for ~26hrs per day already... Since there are only 24hrs in a day last time I checked, I am already forced to neglect several of my characters' dailies by default, even if I was physically capable of playing for 24hrs/day. Even the most miserable portion of current daily chores (Mog Garden) takes less time per character to complete than the new DI. (While I'm at it, please give me an option at the garden moogle to "collect everything from all nodes, sell to moogle, gil deposited in garden coffer." I will joyously sacrifice the tiny handful of profitable potential harvests in exchange for getting a significant portion of my day back to use on other, actually enjoyable tasks.)

tl;dr: Change DI cap to weekly please. T_T
    For me personally, hitting daily cap for all my characters involves a minimum of approximately 10hrs of additional playtime daily all by itself.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    560 on a weekly allows a script to be run unattended for a session which frees that character up to do nefarious things the other 6 days a week.
    In what way is this different from doing nefarious thing A for an hour, then nefarious thing B for an hour, then nefarious thing C for an hour every day vs doing nefarious thing A for several hours hours one day, Still doing B and C, and doing just B and C the rest of the week?

You seem to be under the impression that the total requirement for weekly would be lower. It would not. It would just give you the freedom to decide when to grind it and when not to.

Like seriously, that was your argument? "bots can do more nefarious things?" Bots will do nefarious things 24 7 whether this content has a daily limit or a yearly limit. This changes absolutely nothing when it comes to botting.

Also, you should not design your content around botters, you should design it around players.
    (2)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    As it concerns interference with schedules outside of what players allocate to FFXI. Part of any decision is making priorities. I've seen in a few topics use of language similar to "such in such is forcing me to such in such" or "My character(s) must obtain such in such". Fact is that there is no "force" and there is no "must". Self-imposed desires are not absolutes, consider how to articulate ambitions.

A decision in regards to entertainment is about what you are doing with your attention, your energy and your time. Also it is about what quantity of time, energy and attention are you delegating to what, when and why. In order to give attention to some aspect within FFXI or outside of FFXI, all other contending activities are assigned positioning of importance.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast