Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Zetara
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seish View Post
    If you're paying for a game, they should support you and by pushing you on the forums just because they cannot figure out how is laziness IMO.
    Agreed 100%. Complete apathy and poor leadership.
    (0)

Character
    Zetara
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    It can't hurt to try turning it off, the network just just keeps checking if connection to SE is active, but sometimes the timeout is too short for some internet connections. The other thing you may want to try is putting playonline folder in the exception list of your virus scanner. I remember before when SE changed sky that some code they used caused virus scanners to stop the connection, there could be something similar with dynamis D zones, that some special code is triggering your virus scanner and then the virus scanner is stopping the connection, thereby causing you to DC.
    I’ll try it thanks
    (0)

Character
    Zetara
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Molyneux View Post
    Morning Dramalama, stupid question perhaps, you might have thought of this...but did you do a filecheck from POL for ffxi?
    Ls mate suggested this too and I did it. Same issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled game now and had one successful run without crashes. I’m at a loss as to the cause and wonder if other zones will work.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetara View Post
    Haven’t crashed there yet but I can see what you mean... the voucher npc there is glitchy and surroundings, walls and background usually get weird squares that show up that shouldn’t be there. Tbh I changes nations because even the ground in bastok is choppy and stutters on my brand new pc.
    I've never seen anything like that.

You should seriously consider doing a file check at the playonline login menu.
    (0)

Character
    Zetara
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I've never seen anything like that.

You should seriously consider doing a file check at the playonline login menu.
    I did that and same issues. I even uninstalled and reinstalled which I am now able to enter divergence sandy zone without crashing... will check to see if the others hold up after lockout.

What blows my mind here is that I can play latest gen games with no issues... battlefield v and starcraft 2, things like that. Then, ffxi has these issues, none of which is my hardware or firewall like SE tech suggested.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetara View Post
    I did that and same issues. I even uninstalled and reinstalled which I am now able to enter divergence sandy zone without crashing... will check to see if the others hold up after lockout.

What blows my mind here is that I can play latest gen games with no issues... battlefield v and starcraft 2, things like that. Then, ffxi has these issues, none of which is my hardware or firewall like SE tech suggested.
    It's not so crazy when you realize the hardware that this game was designed to support. The PS2 was the hot new gaming console when this game came out, and the PS5 is now on its way. Newer versions of windows are making it harder anad harder to get old software to run correctly.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2