Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zetara
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Game crashes only in Dynamis Divergence zones......... Does anybody read these posts?

Hello, GM Ranisseile told me to post this issue here.

Upon zoning into Dynamis Divergence zones, my games crashes after about 10 seconds. When I try to log back in, same thing, just repeated crashes. I then become stuck within the zone and have to log back into the game after the zone timer expires, which gives just enough time to zone out. Then everything is back to normal...

I spent a good amount of time with SE tech support on the phone as well as speaking to GM within the game and nothing changed. Same problem when zoning in. This was over the course of 4 days. I have not had a problem until last Friday.

Because my computer can play all the latest gen games and is newly built, and since it has been running FFXI just fine since May, I find it hard to believe that this issue is related to my hardware. I also have a hard time paying a subscription for a seemingly broken game, in which tech support by phone and GM were unable to identify or fix the issue.

Assistance from anyone would be appreciated. I should be able to enter Divergence on Friday, in which by that time I will have uninstalled the game entirely and reinstalled, starting from scratch. If the issue persists, I'm most likely going to unsub until this issue is rectified. I only get to play with my friends across the world twice a week and if I can't even do that in some of the latest content, then that's not ok.

Thank you,
    Z
    (0)
    Last edited by Zetara; 11-28-2019 at 01:46 AM. Reason: typo

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Are you using .dat mods? The UI one from XI view causes a crash and you must update it
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    If it's not only that zone you could try disabling the network check. On the main playonline viewer screen, network settings on left, then under auxiliary network settings connection check, change to disable.
    (1)

Character
    Zetara
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Thank you for responding. No, I was not using any .dat mods and the issue persisted.
    (0)

Character
    Zetara
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    If it's not only that zone you could try disabling the network check. On the main playonline viewer screen, network settings on left, then under auxiliary network settings connection check, change to disable.
    It is only Divergence zones. Would this remedy still apply? Thanks for responding also
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm curious if you crash near the gustaberg zone in Bastok Markets. I've heard of a few people crashing in that vincinity and needing to be moved by a GM.
    (1)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If you're paying for a game, they should support you and by pushing you on the forums just because they cannot figure out how is laziness IMO.
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetara View Post
    It is only Divergence zones. Would this remedy still apply? Thanks for responding also
    It can't hurt to try turning it off, the network just just keeps checking if connection to SE is active, but sometimes the timeout is too short for some internet connections. The other thing you may want to try is putting playonline folder in the exception list of your virus scanner. I remember before when SE changed sky that some code they used caused virus scanners to stop the connection, there could be something similar with dynamis D zones, that some special code is triggering your virus scanner and then the virus scanner is stopping the connection, thereby causing you to DC.
    (1)

Character
    Uwot
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Morning Dramalama, stupid question perhaps, you might have thought of this...but did you do a filecheck from POL for ffxi?
    (1)

Character
    Zetara
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm curious if you crash near the gustaberg zone in Bastok Markets. I've heard of a few people crashing in that vincinity and needing to be moved by a GM.
    Haven’t crashed there yet but I can see what you mean... the voucher npc there is glitchy and surroundings, walls and background usually get weird squares that show up that shouldn’t be there. Tbh I changes nations because even the ground in bastok is choppy and stutters on my brand new pc.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast