Character
    Shakey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Maat Genkai 5 What are my best options?

I'm a new player coming back after a VERY long time and had some questions on this fight. ATM I'm lvling Summoner but am finding out there is no way I have the skill to get my summons at lvl 20 (I'm a casual gamer and these seem WAY too complicated for solo fights). Figured I'd just power level till I could beat down the primes. I'm going to start farming the item I need for my lvl70-75 LB today, but I'm seeing I will most likely need multiple, if not all summons? I have little Carbuncle and thats it.

If I'm up a creek here, I need to go back to the drawing board, redo sever 20+ hours of work and lvl another job Honestly I'm back just to get the summons, loved how these looked back in the day.

I'm loving this game more and more, even after all these years and playing other MMOs; something about this just feels better. But this might be a hard limit for me (that's the point I know!); and I just want to enjoy the game and story, lol.

So, what are my options here? If I do need to do a different job, whats the easiest against Maat? Appreciate any help here, I don't want to waste my items just to die in a summoner fight.
    (0)

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Hi there,

If you complete Rhapsodies of Vana'diel Missions up to 1-11 you receive a key item "Rhapsody in Umber" that allows you summons trusts in the Genkai 5 fights.
    (1)

Character
    Shakey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Oh man! Thank you! I just got that yesterday and forgot these key items offer amazing buffs/benefits. You made my day, thank you so so much!
    (0)

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Also worth mentioning the testimony items can be used up to 3 times now so you don't need to farm a new one immediately if you lose.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyLazer View Post
    Oh man! Thank you! I just got that yesterday and forgot these key items offer amazing buffs/benefits. You made my day, thank you so so much!
    There are alternative versions of the summon battles for low levels by the way. It's really not as h ard as you think. You simply summon Carbuncle, set him on the enemy, and run far away. When your pet's HP bar disappears, just summon it again and repeat. Once you learn how to kite with pets like this it can make a lot of battles extremely easy.

If your MP runs low you can use Astral Flow to stop the perpetuation cost, and you can also use Juice drinks to regenerate MP.
    (0)