Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Bst has and always was intended to be a front line job. If they weren't you wouldn't see in era bsts dual wielding maneatter and juggys. Now some did backline, not saying it wasn't done. But quite honestly I would love to see the front line bst return.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seish View Post
    Bst has and always was intended to be a front line job. If they weren't you wouldn't see in era bsts dual wielding maneatter and juggys. Now some did backline, not saying it wasn't done. But quite honestly I would love to see the front line bst return.
    I don't disagree but I also don't think crippling job ability functionality to strong arm people into that playstyle isn't the way to do it, especially since it also adversely affects many front-line players. Other approaches they could have taken that would have made more sense:

- Trait which grants an attack or other stat bonus while within X range of pet
    - adding melee-centric job traits to BST that make melee DPS more attractive.

Pet kiting isn't fast or efficient in any way, and the change they made doesn't even prevent that, but it does make it even slower. And if most BST were melee fighting anyway, why did they feel to punish the allegeldy smaller n umber of people playing their own way, especially when that way is objectively trades a lot of effectiveness to get the safety.

Right on the flip side, I have a Claustrum on SMN and I've bene spending my days optimizing Gate of Tartarus and doing skillchains with my pet, and SE doesn't seem to be bent on stopping me from doing that. Hell with the ambuscade grip and the aftermath I always have a 26% damage taken reduction, so I can get away with it. Is it better? Probably not, even after I've made it the best it can be, but I find it fun and that's how I play it. SE is basically telling people that their mostly-inferior playstyle is wrong and shouldn't be allowed, and they hit that playstyle with a giant sledgehammer, carelessly damaging some players who WEREN'T using that playstyle in the process.
    (4)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-03-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yeah they went too far there. It was just in reply to the player that said BST was a backline job. I have no problem with SE trying to get people to move in, but they could have done it better.
    (1)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Didn't they intend for NIN to be a DD, but people made it a tank? Thus, they gave it tools to tank? WAR was originally designed to be a tank iirc, but the devs gave it tools to DD because players eventually discovered WAR was better at DDing.

BST was the only job they didn't listen to the players. They put in effort to nerf BST, but won't even put in effort to release new pets instead of duplicates......You went out of your way to nerf a job, but won't go out of your way to do something as simple as new jugs?

Gonna ask again, Devs.......

1) Why do you continue to release duplicate pets?

2) Why do you call these duplicate pets an update?

The point of a community forum, is to ask questions, and get answers, or closure

(By the way folks, PLD are getting new abilities while DRK are getting adjustments http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...147#post622147)
    (3)
    Last edited by Beastorizer; 12-04-2019 at 03:23 AM.

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    At this point, I don't buy anything they are telling us, because everything they say contradicts what they previously stated.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post622288
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4