Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with your monthly rundown of what to expect in the next version update.

Recently, I learned about exercises that use ring-shaped controllers as a way to enjoy physical fitness from the comfort of your own living room. It saddens me to report that alas, I have not become nearly as ripped as I hoped, but I’m going to keep at it until I see results!

Today, though, I take a break from my abdominal strife to bring you news about November.

Normal Ambuscades this month will feature a battle against a kraken. This kraken features different modes in which he is alternately vulnerable to physical or magical damage, and these transitions are signaled by the use of a particular ability. Like all good gimmicks, learning how to overcome them is something best left for the players to discover, so I won’t spoil too much more!

November’s job adjustments are to beastmasters and scholars. Beastmasters will have some new pets to choose from, while scholars are seeing numerical changes to some of their spells and abilities.

We also have some adjustments coming to Dynamis – Divergence focused on making it easier for players to recognize the statues’ gimmicks. In particular, we received multiple requests to make it easier to discern the statues’ statuses by addressing visibility and readability, and we think we me have come up with a good solution (and it doesn’t have to do with reading the log window).

Of course, November—the 11th month of the year—is a time to celebrate all things FINAL FANTASY XI, and in that spirit we’ve prepared a special battlefield for you to enjoy. Stay tuned for more details!

Below is the customary list of items to be added in November. As always, last-minute issues may arise that prevent some of these items from being implemented, but we’re working our hardest to bring you an eventful autumn!

Mission/Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-Progress TaskNotes
NovemberRecords of Eminence・ Update monthly objectives-
Content/System-related
NovemberAmbuscade・ Add new notorious monsters
・ Add new items
・ Replace reward items
-
NovemberDynamis ~Divergence~・ Changes to certain mechanics-
Battle-related