Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Suggestions for Job Adjustments: Blue Mage

Any thoughts or words to support this thread in anticipation of adjustments to blue mage is really appreciated.

I don't have a lot in mind at the moment but adjustments to physical/magical blue magic spells would be nice in terms of either potency/damage/recast/healing potency to some or certain blue magic spells

Swift Blade please! Blue Mage has A+ in swords and specializes in that skill (Pups get Dragon Kick and they're Tied on A+ H2H rank as Monk, Dancers gets Dancing Edge/Shark Bite and are A+ in daggers. Rune Fencers learn swift blade with an A MINUS but Greatswords are they're main weapon)

Magic Hammer could use adjustments by lowering it's recast timer (and maybe buff it's low base damage) . Maybe adjust the potency of healing blue magic spells by having more blue magic skill influencing into the effects and increase base values, although little to no change to Restoral since that is only self target?

Remove the decaying effects from Saline Coat.

At the moment I don't think so much for the 8 hybrid Elementals' spells, but maybe later.

Physical Blue Magic spells fell short outside of Chain Affinity/Burst Affinity, but even then they both have as well due to change of pace in endgame. Maybe a reduction in recast to Chain/Burst Affinity?
    And to be honest with regard to the C Path Augments of Su 3-5 blue magic Dyna Swords Mirage/Luhlaza/Zomorrodnegar , why Chain/Burst Affinity Recast.... why.... that doesn't make sense. Could of been better with something different from that

Maybe adjustments to stats/modifiers/potency for the higher level physical blue magic spells
    like Sinker Drill, Thrashing Assault and others.

I would like to touch on the subject about adjusting blue magic points costs for setting some spells, but that might be too much concerning......stuff.

job ability Unbridled Learning and the spells that requires the JA's use to cast. I don't know... any chance to possibly lower Unbridled Learning's recast from 5 minutes? I feel like some of the UL spells shouldn't had been added to begin with since the effects doesn't work on NMs like Cruel Joke and Cesspool, and not to mention a lot of older spells that are a joke like Self-Destruct and Final Sting, and my goodness the damage Breath spells were terrible from the beginning. Would be nice to have a better spell like that Leafkin Regen/Healing move

Cocoon / Nature's Meditation - maybe increase the duration from 90 seconds to 150-180 seconds?
    (1)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 10-29-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    This was really difficult to read. I think you're right, certain spells need augments including increased durations and certain unbridled learning spells need to work on NMs too.

1.) I think Blue Magic points should be increased without merit points
    2.) The UI should increase from 20 to 30 spells
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    This was really difficult to read. I think you're right, certain spells need augments including increased durations and certain unbridled learning spells need to work on NMs too.

1.) I think Blue Magic points should be increased without merit points
    2.) The UI should increase from 20 to 30 spells
    More blue magic points would be welcomed if it's not an issue and/or maybe increase the effects of the Merit trait Assimilation to adding more max blue magic points.

as for #2, SE devs has stated multiple times about being at or near the limit of spell slot capacity when it comes to adding any magic spells in any category which makes it difficult to implement. As for Unbridled Learning spells that makes it even more difficult due to restrictive use under a limited 5 minute recast and how situational most spells themselves are (and useless as I stated for certain spells).

Blue Mage might be difficult to tackle on for adjustments because of a huge blue magic spell pool, although lots of older spells are rendered obsolete. The job traits set from spells are fine as it is maybe.

Also, is it possible to maybe lower Diffusion recast a little?
    (0)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 10-26-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    (0)