Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Suggestions for Job Adjustments: SCH

Please consider these, at least as concepts to consider whenever making adjustments to scholar. The job just cannot compete with WHM in nearly ANY situation thanks to WHM's larger list of cure spells, Curagas, esuna, Yagrush, Asclepius, afletus solase, misery, multiple pieces of gear that boost doom removal via cursna, and multiple leg pieces with "Converts X% of "Cure" amount to MP". It is also worlds more difficult to gear for Magic Burst as scholar was left off of the Ea set. If nothing else, please for all that is good, do the underlined parts.

Merits
    Group II

Give access to all Job Abilities, and Job Traits and replace it with:
    Magic Accuracy
    Magic Attack
    Enhancing Duration
    Regen Potency
    Cure Potency
    Fast Cast
    Job Abilities
    Modus Veritas

Either revert the skill to be guaranteed success rate and to increase duration instead of reduce it, OR adjust the DoT of helix spells to not be cap'd at 9999 every "tock" and leave the job ability as is.

Enlightenment

Extend the effect to include Embrava and Kaustra.
    Libra

Extend range to use the skill to the same range as spells.

Stratagems
    1. Adjust the stratagems like you did with RDM's Saboteur. In exchange, cut their duration in half. (RDM saboteur used to only last for a single cast, now it lasts through the duration regardless of casts.)
    2. From level 1 to 98, the number of stratagems is: #=(Lv.+10)/20; and the rate is: rate=240 seconds/#
      Anyone who reaches Lv.99 can within minutes (if not seconds) be iLv.110+, as such make 99 grant 6 stratagems.
      In addition, since there is currently no boost for mastery (2100 job points): at 550 boost max stratagems to 8: or 7 and add one for mastery that gives 8. and correct the recharge rate to reflect the change.

Spells
    Embrava

Please adjust the cap, so Haste + Embrava will cap magic haste, OR move the effect to job ability haste.
    Also as mentioned in job abilities, add a way to cast outside of Tabula Rassa.

Kaustra
    Fix the spell, it was not updated when "Magic Damage" was added to the game. Literally, the term is not in the damage equation at all.
    Also as mentioned in job abilities, add a way to cast outside of Tabula Rassa.
    Esuna
    Please add to the spell to SCH. We are far behind WHM at status removal even with that added to our list, this would at least make SCH slightly more competitive vs WHM.

Klimaform, Adloquium, Animus Augeo, & Animus Minuo
    add enhancing skill for a varied potency.
    *dark skill for klimaform.
    Job Points
    Light Arts Effect & Dark Arts Effect
    combine both into a single category, and with the free'd up slot, add something else, like maybe Magic Attack Bonus or Magic Burst Bonus.
    Equipment
    When adding Arbatel +2 & 3, Look at the Ea set as a reference as SCH was left out on that, making it terribly difficult to deal good damage.
    Add SCH to list of jobs that can equip Sifahir Slacks, or add a new item with a similar effect for Cures that we can wear. (and RDM)
    (2)
    Last edited by Voidstorm; 10-29-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I propose changing a few job point categories for sch and combining some into one and adding new ones to make it less complicated.

For Stratagem I & II effects combine both them into 1 slot but change Penury/Parsimony's Magic Accuracy effect to instead reduced mp cost by of spells of their respective arts further 1 percent. In place of a free slot add "Magic Accuracy Bonus" by 1 per point.

For strategem III & IV Effects combine them into 1 slot (no change in the actual effects) in the category thus freeing an extra slot. In place of a free slot add "Magic Attack Bonus" by 1 per point.

Modus Verita Effect slot... It could of be better in all honesty if Modus Veritas never missed but it ALWAYS MISS when it comes to Notorious Monsters in endgame. I think changing it to something else would be beneficial. Maybe Regen Potency? Years ago, they made SCH specialize into a damage over time and healing over time when they did adjustments to light arts to affect potency of Regen based on job level, Helix duration (and potency?) for dark arts. Scholars are also the first to learn Regen type spells up to Regen V and makes use of Embrava and Kaustra in some situations. Therefore, maybe remove Modus Veritas Effect and instead add Regen Potency bonus?
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    if SE were to touch Job Point categories...
    I'd suggest the combining of Light Arts Effect and Dark Arts Effect.
    Remove all the 'Stratagem Effect' categories and in its place:
    • Magic Accuracy Effect
    • Casting Time
    • Magic Damage
    • Recast Time
    • Magic Attack Bonus (from combining light/dark arts category)
    This makes the job points far more useful as there's no way for scholars to burn stratagems every time we act.
    If they aren't going to unlink the categories from the stratagems, instead boost their effects by a massive amount (3~5x) as they are locked behind a valuable resource.
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Add whatever spells it is that the /rdm subjob levels 1-49 spell list are such considered to be 'must have' to SCH as a main job selection and that alone would release some hampering that occurs with SCH being tied down in utility through /rdm subjob. Just add these 'must have' spells at level range of 50 and above for SCH main.
    (2)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Grimoire Recast should be extended to lowering Strategem recast since using Light/Dark arks are required to be able to use them, but I guess there might be an issue with that lowering it even further.

@Voidstorm, adjusting strategems based on Ilvl might not work easily with how you can change item levels easily with lower Ilvl gear and weapons. But I do support the idea of making an addition to the 550 job point of adding more max strategems capacity

EDIT: Klimaform is Dark Magic skill and gives +15 magic accuracy to spells tied to weather. It would be nice for adjustments to potency and scale more with dark magic
    (0)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 10-20-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I believe 8 stratagems and 30s charge time is where a mastered scholar should be now.
    Or 5 stratagems and 24s charge time if there's some issue keeping SE from raising the quantity past 5.
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Had a thought when I was driving home.
    Adjust the stratagems like you did with RDM's Saboteur. In exchange, cut their duration in half.
    This plus 30s charge time per stratagem mentioned in my first post would mean a mastered scholar could full time one effect, or slowly burn through them for multiple benefits over a short span of time.
    *will add this as an edit to OP for that tiny chance this it gets read by someone in development.
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    Had a thought when I was driving home.
    Adjust the stratagems like you did with RDM's Saboteur. In exchange, cut their duration in half.
    This plus 30s charge time per stratagem mentioned in my first post would mean a mastered scholar could full time one effect, or slowly burn through them for multiple benefits over a short span of time.
    *will add this as an edit to OP for that tiny chance this it gets read by someone in development.
    As interesting that sounds, that would be too powerful in scholar's case since their core function entirely revolves and relies a lot around strategems and I guess the timing of when to use it(right?).
    (0)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 10-25-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post
    As interesting that sounds, that would be too powerful in scholar's case since their core function entirely revolves and relies a lot around strategems and I guess the timing of when to use it(right?).
    Look for the quest "Seeing Blood-red". There is a precedent for that particular suggestion.
    ffxiclopedia:Seeing Blood-red
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Didn't think to include since it's not as much to do with SCH and more in general with Enhancing magic, but please update:
    Stoneskin & Blink!
    Stoneskin currently caps at very low HP, WHM's afletus Solace gives more stoneskin than the spell Stoneskin can.
    I suggest it be uncapped, and the formula adjusted such that it can never give more HP than the max HP of the recipient, and very difficult to gear currently 90~95% max HP.

Blink currently is static 2 shadows, and does not always activate.
    The concept of the spell is that the mage hides in an extra dimension with a mirror image holding the dimension open. The number of mirror images, the greater the number of dimensions removed from harm the mage is.
    As such, the spell should start at 1 shadow, 100% activation, and increase every 100 levels of enhancing skill. (Enhancing skill/100)+1; in addition, the recast should be increased to 30 seconds.
    (7 shadows is possible if recast is thrown out the window, max recast is still nearly impossible with only 6 shadows, in addition, there's only 1 blink spell vs 3 utsusemi spells)
    This would put blink on par with utsusemi. (recast: ichi=30; ni=45; san=60)
    (0)
    Last edited by Voidstorm; 10-29-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast