Character
    Axin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

FFXI veteran new to Asura; looking for LS

I just transferred to Asura yesterday as I hear it is "the place to be" nowadays. I have a level 99 PLD, completed all past mission content including ROV. I'm looking to further max out my character (need some better gear for one) and complete some content I never got around to previously. I'd be interested in finding an LS with active friendly members who might be a good fit. Let me know!
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    RedditLS is always taking people; As vacant as the pearls i have are, I should probably pickup a Reddit pearl for myself too.
    Check your nearest concierge NPC and see if there's one free.

Beware /yell activity on Asura until you can distinguish between the scoundrels and the honest pick up group.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    I just transferred to Asura yesterday as I hear it is "the place to be" nowadays.
    It really isnt, and you probably made a mistake. Asura is overpopulated, and I don't just mean players, but also RMT. You're really better off on one of the smaller servers, because while yes, there are fewer players, there is far far less corruption, and people seem to help each other out more.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-07-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Character
    Alfrilout
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 37
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It really isnt, and you probably made a mistake. Asura is overpopulated, and I don't just mean players, but also RMT. You're really better off on one of the smaller servers, because while yes, there are fewer players, there is far far less corruption, and people seem to help each other out more.
    What do you mean corruption? I've seen so much negative words about Asura but nothing positive about other servers except they are smaller.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphie View Post
    What do you mean corruption?
    There are a lot of undesirable people on Asura. I think you mentioned that you have /yell turned off.
    If it was on, you would soon see and come to realise who those people are, and the fact they are pretty careless about what they say.

It goes two ways really.

1. People move to Asura because there are more people there, so in theory more people to do stuff with. However, this attracts more RMT.

2. The quieter servers are..well... quiet. I guess if you can form a good group (takes time, and sometimes it never happens) then it is all good. However, if you can't, it is a very lonely experience, and at times it will seem like you are on your own.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 03-13-2020 at 08:11 AM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Alfrilout
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 37
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    There are a lot of undesirable people on Asura. I think you mentioned that you have /yell turned off.
    If it was on, you would soon see and come to realise who those people are, and the fact they are pretty careless about what they say.

It goes two ways really.

1. People move to Asura because there are more people there, so in theory more people to do stuff with. However, this attracts more RMT.

2. The quieter servers are..well... quiet. I guess if you can form a good group (takes time, and sometimes it never happens) then it is all good. However, if you can't, it is a very lonely experience, and at times it will seem like you are on your own.
    Yeah I get that. Husband and I are kind of in that boat right now. The LS we are in are nice people, but it is sooo dead until a few hours of the day. We're stuck in the Windurst missions, so we are trying to get Jobs unlocked. I've tried other LS which are just as dead after saying hello. Even Unity channel is a no go.

I guess I'm used to the constant chatter on the NN in FF14.
    (0)