Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Shozokui
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    Give them 100% blockrate. They deserve it and it changes absolutely nothing.
    I'm in complete agreement. 100% BR was totally fine in the past, so why's it such a problem now? Reducing all incoming damage by a % is basically what RUN does, so what's the problem? If they want it to be tied to a JA, then make Palisade better...
    (0)

Player
    The honest answer to that question is that Ochain was "overpowered" and instead of "fixing" it, they left it and then punished PLD for 8 or so years to make up for it.

The funny part is, it wasn't, it still wouldn't be, and it's still being "punished"
    (0)

Character
    Kirth
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    There's a really thorough and thoughtful thread on PLD on the FFXIAH site that goes into a lot of ideas and thoughts about PLD's current lackluster state. From my personal point of view, I think it can all be summed up by the following: RUN has better job abilities, REMA weapon, utility, threat generation, and damage than PLD, with roughly the same damage mitigation (passive or otherwise) overall. In a world where this is true, there's no incentive to take a PLD over a RUN for any content. The issue isn't necessarily mitigation (although I'd love to see shield block rate become a part of an overall PLD adjustment), it's that RUN is so much better in almost every regard that when you're trying to run as efficient a group as possible, the choice is easy. I really do hope the developers read these forums, because as it is, they've done nothing to help PLD since they've elevated RUN to such a powerful job, and that's really disappointing design.
    (1)

Character
    Asukoya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    I'm level 75 and maybe what i will say change with higher level.

My concern for paladin is his skill rate compared to other guarding, parrying and evasion skill rate.
    Evasion skill rate is the faster to cap, and even faster with monk's dodge ability.
    Then parrying and guarding have almost the same rate, but it's faster to skill guarding as monk because of his job ability dodge.
    At last we have shield skill ..... The way they did, put it last to skill up. If i'm correct, the priority is Evasion first, then parrying, then guarding or shield. So before you skill up your shield, the game first will check if your evasion skill then parrying skill and then shield as palaidn or guarding as monk.

To make things right they should, depending on the job prioritize one skill instead following the same rule :
    For thief and Nin : evasion skill should be the first used when a monster hit you
    For Rune : parrying should be first, and second skill if evasion fail for Ninja, thief
    For paladin well .... shield should be the first skill used before everyhting else.

Another thing i find weird .... Paladin has the higher skill on club and staff but he canoot do some weapon skill .....
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2