Character
    Bilbo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 66

Post your most fun job/sub-job

So after asking around for a fun job to play endgame and after a few suggestions, I thought I'd make a post to see what players most fun job/subjob combinations are.

They can be viable, nonviable, popular or unpopular but mainly, what makes a certain combination fun for you and why?

Myself, only having 1 99, I'm enjoying leveling NIN/RUN thoroughly. I enjoy runes a lot as it feels very much like have En-spells. Also access to Bar-spells is fun too. I enjoy the high evasion and crit rate of NIN and the speed and also really get a kick out of being able to cast enfeebling spells also.

So, what job/sub-job combo do you enjoy most and why?
    (1)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It's not necessarily a combination I'd say I "enjoy most" in a general sense, but I had an absolute blast a few weeks ago levelling as PUP52/PLD in Kuftal Tunnel, using a mercurial kris dagger and Energy Steal on crabs with the Sharpshot head and frame. No Trust, of course.

It was mad.

It was completely non-optimal and I lost count of the moments that it all nearly fell apart. I tried to hold hate with Cure II in my evasion gear, restoring MP as best I could with Energy Steal when my accuracy was pretty poor. I didn't realise when I started that I wouldn't have Flash from /PLD until much later, so it was down to Shield Bash and Cure to do the job. The crabs barely noticed my evasion gear and were really laying into me with their claws. The automaton pewpewed with enmity down attachments, the auto-repair kits and barrier modules, dealing almost all the damage with Arcuballista. Miraculously I held hate against it with water manoeuvres up for a good 60% of the time, and the defensive attachments kept it going. It took quite a while to slowly break down the Incredibly Tough crabs. Each pull was a risky one, as the crabs were mixed up with ghosts that I very much doubt I could have handled.

Needless to say, it was the most fun I've had in this game in ages. No other MMO lets me "do it wrong" and enjoy it so much. I can try something "just because" and see what happens. Brilliant.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jerbob; 09-12-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Character
    Bilbo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    It's not necessarily a combination I'd say I "enjoy most" in a general sense, but I had an absolute blast a few weeks ago levelling as PUP52/PLD in Kuftal Tunnel, using a mercurial kris dagger and Energy Steal on crabs with the Sharpshot head and frame. No Trust, of course.

It was mad.

It was completely non-optimal and I lost count of the moments that it all nearly fell apart. I tried to hold hate with Cure II in my evasion gear, restoring MP as best I could with Energy Steal when my accuracy was pretty poor. I didn't realise when I started that I wouldn't have Flash from /PLD until much later, so it was down to Shield Bash and Cure to do the job. The crabs barely noticed my evasion gear and were really laying into me with their claws. The automaton pewpewed with enmity down attachments, the auto-repair kits and barrier modules, dealing almost all the damage with Arcuballista. Miraculously I held hate against it with water manoeuvres up for a good 60% of the time, and the defensive attachments kept it going. It took quite a while to slowly break down the Incredibly Tough crabs. Each pull was a risky one, as the crabs were mixed up with ghosts that I very much doubt I could have handled.

Needless to say, it was the most fun I've had in this game in ages. No other MMO lets me "do it wrong" and enjoy it so much. I can try something "just because" and see what happens. Brilliant.
    Haha that is so awesome. I really, really need to unlock PUP ! Nothing beats on the edge smackdown!
    (1)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I've only had limited time with it (I've only reached PUP56) but it's always been a really fun and unique experience, so I'd wholeheartedly recommend it. The customisation aspect is a lot of fun too. It also seems really versatile at level cap, from what I've seen and what friends have told me.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    SMN/DRK or SMN/WAR I use these all the time to fight with relic weapon and self SC/MB with pet.

PUP/whatever, the important thing is I set up the tank pet and you can actually tank things with it today. Sometimes this is even actually wanted, when back in the it wasnt really possible.
    (1)