Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    (Making multiple posts as directed in the OP)

Thank you for the changes to the RDM augments. It makes much more sense like this. I particularly like having immunobreak chance bonuses on the boots.

I'm interested in the augments for Unity gear - it will be fun to see what you come up with. I enjoy it when content is revitalised to make it relevant again, so please continue doing this!

I'm intrigued to see how you create a chemist "vibe" for Monberaux. Looking forward to it!

Replacing merit spells and songs continues to be a good idea, thank you. Please don't forget about Summoner's merit blood pacts when the time comes around!

I haven't had much chance to try the new battlefield on high difficulty levels, but thus far I've had a fun (if frustrating!) time. The new equipment has interesting effects - and thank you for including RDM on the jobs that can equip it. Among other things, it will be perfect for helping me land my Demon Arrows (and sticking the Attack Down effect!) with RDM's rather low Archery skill.

I like the idea of including "Dispelga" as a bonus spell for equipping Daybreak. There is a similar item, the Twilight Cloak that grants "Impact" as a bonus spell; this is still an important item but unfortunately the Twilight Cloak's lack of item level properties makes it challenging to use at times. Is there any way of making Impact a spell that can be learned permanently for the jobs on the Twilight Cloak?

I also like Mr. Matsui's crafting shirt!
    (1)
    Last edited by Jerbob; 09-11-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Regarding the Bard changes, I think Bards could benefit from some additional adjustments that would make their songs less tricky to use, particularly with regard to having to sing "dummy songs" to make best use of instruments that give additional song effects and how songs overwrite each other. Other people more qualified than me have made suggestions on this forum that may be worth looking into.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jerbob; 09-11-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm extremely excited about Siren and hope that we don't have to wait a year to see her! As part of the Summoner job tweaks, please also look at the potency of some of our Blood Pact: Ward abilities - some are too weak to be useful at level 119, and would really benefit from some changes to bring them up to date.

Blood pacts with potency that varies by moon phase or time of day are really hard to plan to use because you don't always get what you need. Please fix them to have maximum potency for both effects at once:
    • Heavenward Howl (Fenrir)
    • Ecliptic Howl (Fenrir)
    • Lunar Cry (Fenrir)
    • Dream Shroud (Diabolos)
    The following blood pacts have a very low cap on their maximum potency that hasn't changed since level 75, and so they have limited impact now we're at level 119. Please make these scale with Summoning skill to a higher level:
    • Noctoshield (Diabolos)
    • Dream Shround (Diabolos)
    • Earthen Ward (Titan)
    In addition, Ultimate Terror (Diabolos) still decays over time and I'm pretty sure you removed that decay from other similar effects, so please consider doing the same for this.

Can you also please give us a way of telling when debuffs caused by pets wear off on enemies? If I use Tidal Roar (Leviathan) to inflict Attack Down on a monster, I have to manually keep track of the duration, and that's not always possible (particularly if it wears off early or is erased). This would be really nice for Beastmasters too.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jerbob; 09-11-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Not to sound greedy, but is White Mage being considered for further adjustments to replace the ones that were reverted during the summer? I was very pleased to see those changes reverted, but also feel a little worried that such a promising amount of attention won't come back to White Mage for some time.
    (0)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Are there any plans to increase the number of equipsets? Sadly I have completely run out and find myself struggling to work on new jobs as I don't have the capacity to make macros for them. Furthermore, are there any plans to give us new tools to use in macros, such as the ability to swap latent effect items like elemental obis only when they are active, and allowing us to use decimal values for wait commands? This would really help make my jobs more flexible and fun to use.
    (2)

Player
    There are 100 equipsets. That is more than you should ever realistically need.
    (1)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Nice pieces for multiple jobs. But the Elemental Gyves from Lady Lilith fight and fetters general have bad graphics lag effects and slows down FPS. Any chance to reduce these effects?
    (0)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    At the risk of getting off-topic... Equipset stats!

I use ~22 for WHM, ~26 for SMN, ~35+ for RDM. I could easily use another 5+ for WHM and... well, RDM devours equipsets like Atomos. Four for lockstyles, as they use gear I don't have in equippable inventory. Two sets for an all-jobs self-cure set for Omen's 500HP objectives. Two sets for cross-jobs stoneskin and self-refresh. That's ~91, and I'm not going to realistically fit another job into 9 equipsets.

100 is clearly not more than I need!
    (2)

Player
    Dood. you do not need thirty five different sets for rdm. Nor TWENTY SIX for lolsmn. You don't need an entire equipset for one piece of gear.
    (1)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I feel a bit bad continuing to go off topic, but I'm fervently of the opinion that more equipsets are important and I don't want SE to misunderstand me, so...

RDM

Refresh III
    Maxed enhancing skill (Temper II)
    Maxed enhancing duration
    Blink/Stoneskin/Aquaveil
    Enfeebling Skill-based enfeebles
    Macc/MND based enfeebles
    Extreme Macc (for Frazzle II before landing Frazzle III)
    Savage Blade
    Requiescat
    CdC
    High accuracy CdC
    Sanguine Blade
    Impact
    Cure
    Cure without weapon swaps when engaged
    Cursna
    Fast Cast (for all spells that don't need something special)
    Magic Burst
    Free nuke
    Auto-refresh
    Aspir (Macc) (Sometimes needed in Dynamis)
    Aspir (Potency) (Everywhere else)
    Melee
    Melee (Acc)
    Phalanx
    DT
    Meva+MDT+MDB
    DT melee
    Spell Interrupt + DT (getting Aquaveil back up - Aquaveil Saves Lives!)
    Cure + DT
    Macc + DT (emergency Sleepga in Dynamis)
    Ranged Attack + Macc (for landing Demon Arrows' Attack Down with Ullr, good for boss statues)
    Acc + Macc (for landing Defence Down with Nitric Baselard)
    5k magic bursts for Vagary
    Conserve MP (Raises)

SMN

Perpetuation + Avatar Acc/Haste/Double Attack (Builds TP for stronger BPs as well as dealing that drip drip of melee damage)
    Perpetuation + Refresh
    Perpetuation + Avatar's Favour
    BP delay down
    Magic BP
    Physical BP
    Physical BP Acc
    Ward duration
    Enfeeble BP Macc
    Fast Cast
    Elemental Siphon
    Auto-refresh
    MP recovered while healing (yes, I know, but I don't always have support - I often AM the support in a rag-tag group, or when it hits the fan. Spamming Cure III/IV is expensive as SMN.)
    Cure
    Cure without weapon swaps when engaged
    Flaming Crush
    Impact BP
    Myrkr
    Healing BP
    Pet DT
    Self DT
    Melee
    Melee DT
    Garland of Bliss
    Shattersoul/Shell Crusher
    Impact + Occult Acumen (nice with Khatvanga + Myrkr - free MP!)
    Refresh (shared with WHM)
    Stoneskin (shared with WHM)

But what about You don't need an entire equipset for one piece of gear?

Some of my equipsets differ in only a few pieces of gear that I could, concievably, use /equip for after the /equipset. A generic Fast Cast equipset + subsequent spell-specific /equips, for example. For lots of stuff, I do just that. There's a quirk of FFXI's macros that makes this difficult, though - pressing such a macro more than once in a row (need to spam, first press was too early, out of range, stunned, slept, input lag, etc etc) ignores the /equip instructions, so the second (and subsequent even-numbered uses) of the macro have just the equipset gear, not the customised gear from /equip. Doesn't matter for some things - I have to deal with my Gain-X spells occasionally mis-equipping and giving "no effect" - but for stuff like spamming Cursna it's literally the difference between life and death.

Obviously squeezing Fast Cast in with all of this further complicates matters - a lot of spells cast too quickly with Fast Cast for me to swap between Fast Cast and potency during casting, so I need to customise each set to get that fast cast in all the gaps.

You could argue that some of these are niche uses, at best, and you'd be absolutely correct, but I make use of the full set. With RDM for instance, in Dynamis, I make use of all of them except a couple of the WS ones, the one for Nitric Baselad, the extreme Macc one, and the 5k MB.

If I had to restrict myself from making niche sets for flexible jobs because of there only being 100 equipsets, well... that would still sort of prove my point.

Pre-emptive responses:
    • Someone else should be doing X! - Well often they aren't, or the job that does X isn't here. I very rarely run with perfect groups.
    • Why are you meleeing? - Because I can, and it's fun, and I contribute!
    • Set X is basically Set Y! - Yes it is, but I can't always X with Y, so I have X.
    • You don't always need X! - But sometimes I do, and re-writing equipsets for every event would be miserable.
    • You don't need an entire equipset for one piece of gear! - Sometimes I don't, but for sets that differ by 1-4 pieces, sometimes I do - see above.
    • You are a ridiculous human being! - Reasonable, I'll allow it.

In conclusion, more equipsets please!
    (2)
    Last edited by Jerbob; 09-12-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast