Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with your monthly FINAL FANTASY XI update.

This summer in Tokyo was absolutely brutal. The only thing more “very difficult” than last month’s Ambuscade was keeping myself cool—and believe me, this summer’s heat was something I definitely didn’t want to face head on, so rather than going out to much I contented myself with staying in my refreshingly chilly home and enjoying the world of Vana’diel.

If I can’t have a Beaucedine Glacier in real life, at least I can have one in FINAL FANTASY XI, so let’s see where September will take us!

Ambuscade features the return of the Ahriman for volume one, with volume two featuring but a mantid. The past couple months have featured multiple foes to fight against, so this time we’re keeping things simple, with but a singular tough foe to topple. The sound of the chirping mantis is a sign that autumn will soon be upon us, so consider this my love letter to a time when the temperatures will drop below sweltering.

On the job adjustments front, this month we’re bringing some changes to bards, including the transitioning of some songs from merit point categories to scrolls. As you have no doubt surmised from similar updates to other jobs, we’ll be adding new merit point and augment categories in the place of those which no longer exist.

We’ve also got a couple quality-of-life improvements on the docket for this month.
We’ve heard your feedback regarding an increase in the amount of items that can be placed in a stack, and so we’re changing the maximum amount of items that can be placed in a stack to 99—but only for certain items. It is surprisingly difficult for us to change the stock limit for items that can be placed on the auction house, so we’re starting with only those items that do not fall into that category.
Additionally, we’re going to make it possible to deliver augmented items to other characters on the same account—but again, with some restrictions at first, as the number of applicable items is incredibly large. Right now, we’re starting with high-priority items—equipment available from Reisenjima Geas Fete.

Hopefully this post will find you in more comfortable weather than I am right now, and the team is looking forwarding to seeing you in Vana’diel this September!

Below is the usual list of items scheduled for this version update. As always, last-minute issues may arise that will push some of these off to a later date.

Mission/Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-Progress TaskNotes
SeptemberRecords of Eminence・ Update monthly objectives-
Content/System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-Progress TaskNotes
SeptemberHigh-Tier Battlefield・ Create high-tier battlefield
・ Create reward items
-
SeptemberAmbuscade・ Create new notorious monsters
・ Change reward items
-
SeptemberMog Garden・ Add new monsters to Monster Rearing