Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Please stop with the inflammatory speech, Alhanelem. My question (and request) is reasonable.

If SE can confirm a change in drop-rate for Volte bodies early or late in the run, I can choose whether to farm Wave 1/2 or kill the wave 2 boss early and farm Wave 3. It's a fair request, give the 60-hour lockout and rarity of the volte body armor.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Please stop with the inflammatory speech, Alhanelem. My question (and request) is reasonable.

If SE can confirm a change in drop-rate for Volte bodies early or late in the run, I can choose whether to farm Wave 1/2 or kill the wave 2 boss early and farm Wave 3. It's a fair request, give the 60-hour lockout and rarity of the volte body armor.
    It really isn't, you just want to believe in a fantasy that doesn't exist. You simply do not have enough evidence to even infer that a pattern exists. Even Cid's teeth is more deserving of an official response. Again, this is like the crafting compass all over again. When special conditions exist, generally they say that special conditions exist, even if they don't state explicitly what they are.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-08-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    So I am postulating to SE the following question: Does a Volte body drop more frequently if the Wave 2 boss is killed earlier in the run vs later in the run?
    Sicycre or any other GM staff,
    Could you please take a moment to let us know if there are any special conditions that can change the drop rate of Volte body armor from Wave 2 NMs? After that, please lock this thread as Sicycre has gone above and beyond to help players understand this mechanic in Dynamis Divergence.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sicycre or any other GM staff,
    Could you please take a moment to let us know if there are any special conditions that can change the drop rate of Volte body armor from Wave 2 NMs? After that, please lock this thread as Sicycre has gone above and beyond to help players understand this mechanic in Dynamis Divergence.
    Sicycre, please understand that this use of the word "we" does not represent the community at large.

Beyond that, i 100% agree with locking this thread, as there has been no actual honest discussion taking place.

(Sucking up to the boss ain't gonna work lol)
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Bumpity bump bump.

So I am postulating to SE the following question: Does a Volte body drop more frequently if the Wave 2 boss is killed earlier in the run vs later in the run?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Bumpity bump bump.
    Doesn't workity work work.

Which you should have learned from the beaten-to-death "I wanna take all my gil out at once from the dbox" threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Emdub
    Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on our forums! We always like seeing player feedback and we can understand why you want such a feature implemented. Although we can appreciate the dedication you have towards your request, it has already received a direct reply, therefore, we will be closing this thread at this time.

We understand this decision might be a frustrating one, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your understanding!

-=Senior Game Master Emdub=-
    This thread has already recieved a direct reply. So the same thing will happen if this continues. But hey, don't let me stop you.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55340-Take-all-delivery-box?p=623851&viewfull=1#post623851

(1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-16-2020 at 02:39 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Doesn't workity work work.

Which you should have learned from the beaten-to-death "I wanna take all my gil out at once from the dbox" threads.

This thread has already recieved a direct reply. So the same thing will happen if this continues. But hey, don't let me stop you.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55340-Take-all-delivery-box?p=623851&viewfull=1#post623851

I think you once again, hit the Reply button without really developing an understanding of what's going on. This thread has already received two direct replies and if they choose to answer one of my follow up questions, I would be extremely grateful, but please don't imply or insinuate that needlessly spamming. It's a decent question.

Amazingly enough, I was able to get the volte body to drop earlier today, but if my questions help other people in planning how to divide their limited Dynamis Divergence farming time, then it shouldn't be something for you to get in the way of.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think you once again, hit the Reply button without really developing an understanding of what's going on.
    What you think is happening, and what is actually happening, are not always the same thing, and I find your comment insulting.

If you keep bumping the thread, it's going to get locked. That's my point. Because the GM didn't post in the cited thread until after all the bumping took place.

I'm just really sick of people thinking they see patterns in RNG that don't exist. Take SR for instance, you'll have people swearing that one or another of the three bosses will drop the reward doodad and the other one(s) won't or will drop them less. When the reality is they all have the same low drop rate and somebody just got lucky (or unlucky) and thinks they saw a pattern when they didn't. Just because you flipped a coin 100 times and got 60 heads doesn't mean the coin is rigged to land heads more.

That's what's going on here, no more, and no less. Get it out of your head that there's special drop rates based on whether you do a full run or not. There isn't. For every claim like yours, there will be someone who's had the opposite experience.

Back when Dynamis was new I must have done like 50 Dynamis-Xarcabards before I got the summoner's horn. If it was you doing those runs, you'd be questioning if there's some special drop rule for each peice of gear. But the linkshell that ran before us got like 10 summoner's horns in the same time span, and got hardly any of <some other item somebody wanted>.

This is one of those situations. Period. You want to disagree? Do it more times and collect more data and prove a pattern. Your data right now is "me and a friend (or something like th at) saw a couple drops this way and not that way.") That's not data. And whenever someone makes a dubious claim like that without data, I'm there to question it because the community needs reliable information, not conspiracy theories.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-16-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7