Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Hi SE,
    Could you maybe throw me a bone here? Does Volte Body armor from Dynamis (D) zones drop when the wave 2 boss is killed in the first 30 minutes of a run? ...or is the drop rate the same no matter when the wave 2 boss is engaged / killed? I'm trying to decide if I should turn my Volte farming runs into Wave 3 runs, by choosing to kill the Wave 2 boss earlier (or stay the same and just try to farm Volte pieces from all the Wave 2 NMs).

Thanks!
    I've never heard of a case where drops from a monster vary by the time elapsed. I don't think you should jump through any hoops for a drop rate increase that most likely does not exist.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I've never heard of a case where drops from a monster vary by the time elapsed. I don't think you should jump through any hoops for a drop rate increase that most likely does not exist.
    Sure, I understand you. However, the implementation that we perceive does not have to be inherently fair...at all. In fact, anecdotally, I have witnessed more people get Volte body armor drops from Wave 2 Bosses when attempting a Wave 3 run (i.e. the Wave 2 boss is killed much earlier in the run). Hence, why I posed the question to SE here: do wave 2 bosses give better drop rates on Volte body armor if they're killed earlier in the run vs later on?
    (0)

Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As far as I am concerned, nothing say that windows of time cannot be part of drop rate equation *including Treasure Hunter and battles difficulty level* I think Gwydion question is decent.
    (1)
    OWellowell /signed

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruf View Post
    As far as I am concerned, nothing say that windows of time cannot be part of drop rate equation *including Treasure Hunter and battles difficulty level* I think Gwydion question is decent.
    I mean, after much badgering, SE gave us the exact drop rate tables they use across all content. This is just another Crafting Compass or other stupid fabricated myth (SE also later told us direction doesn't matter for crafting)

Believe in superstitions if you want, but without data, all you have is that- a superstition. Ancedotal evidence is not evidence. You need to keep track. But what you're postulating makes no sense at best- If there were external factors that affected drop rate, they would have to be things you do before defeating a boss, yet you're suggesting that things you do after matter, which makes no sense. The game doesn't know whether you're going to attempt to do the wave 3 boss or not, so there's no way to make a special condition for that in the first place, other than a timer, which would be unprecedented as that's never been done before as far as I'm aware.

Do it at least 100 times under each set of conditions then we'll talk. His question is not decent. It's dubious at best, based on "I've seen this a few times" and "I want to believe it".
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-06-2020 at 10:03 AM.

Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    100times is a huge sample for divergence.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ruf; 09-26-2020 at 01:48 AM.
    OWellowell /signed

6. 08-06-2020 10:58 AM

7. 08-06-2020 10:59 AM
    Reason
    Opo-opos trying~

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruf View Post
    Im not even sure what dubious mean but, 100times is a huge sample AND who tell you I believe half the things said by squeenix?
    Dubious

adjective

doubtful; marked by or occasioning doubt: a dubious reply.
    of doubtful quality or propriety; questionable: a dubious compliment; a dubious transaction.
    of uncertain outcome: in dubious battle.
    wavering or hesitating in opinion; inclined to doubt.

100 times is actually a very small sample size. It's not my fault it takes a long time
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I mean, after much badgering, SE gave us the exact drop rate tables they use across all content. This is just another Crafting Compass or other stupid fabricated myth (SE also later told us direction doesn't matter for crafting)

Believe in superstitions if you want, but without data, all you have is that- a superstition. Ancedotal evidence is not evidence. You need to keep track. But what you're postulating makes no sense at best- If there were external factors that affected drop rate, they would have to be things you do before defeating a boss, yet you're suggesting that things you do after matter, which makes no sense. The game doesn't know whether you're going to attempt to do the wave 3 boss or not, so there's no way to make a special condition for that in the first place, other than a timer, which would be unprecedented as that's never been done before as far as I'm aware.

Do it at least 100 times under each set of conditions then we'll talk. His question is not decent. It's dubious at best, based on "I've seen this a few times" and "I want to believe it".
    I think you misunderstand. I am stating anecdotally, that I have witnessed more Volte bodies drop from Wave 2 Bosses being defeated in the first 30 minutes of a run (intended as a Wave 3 run) vs other runs, where farming occurs in Wave1/2 (and as a result Wave 2 Boss is killed in the last 30 minutes of a run). I've personally killed this Windy Wave 2 boss over 100 times over the last 3 years and never saw the body drop when Fii Pexu was killed at the end of run (having spent more than an hour in the zone). Meanwhile other friends have entered, killed the wave 2 boss immediately, with little to no TH, and still got the body to drop on a few occasions.

So I am postulating to SE the following question: Does a Volte body drop more frequently if the Wave 2 boss is killed earlier in the run vs later in the run?

Also, to Alhanaelem's assertion, there ARE at least one or two Salvage NMs whose spawn conditions occur if you reached a certain floor within 45 minutes, etc. (Therefore it's not entirely out of the question for a Wave 2 boss to have different drops rates depending how early or late he is killed in a run).
    (0)

Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Dubious

adjective

doubtful; marked by or occasioning doubt: a dubious reply.
    of doubtful quality or propriety; questionable: a dubious compliment; a dubious transaction.
    of uncertain outcome: in dubious battle.
    wavering or hesitating in opinion; inclined to doubt.

100 times is actually a very small sample size. It's not my fault it takes a long time
    1/365days~
    (0)
    Last edited by Ruf; 09-26-2020 at 02:02 AM.
    OWellowell /signed

Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Believe in superstitions if you want
    Some of them end up being true.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ruf; 09-26-2020 at 01:56 AM.
    OWellowell /signed

12. 08-06-2020 11:51 AM
    Reason
    Start anew

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Also, to Alhanaelem's assertion, there ARE at least one or two Salvage NMs whose spawn conditions occur if you reached a certain floor within 45 minutes, etc. (Therefore it's not entirely out of the question for a Wave 2 boss to have different drops rates depending how early or late he is killed in a run).
    Spawn conditions != Drop rates. The monsters have the same drop rates every time.
    (0)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast