Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

August 2019 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

The latest FINAL FANTASY XI Digest is now available! The digest covers key features from the most recent version update. Check out the video, try the version update, and leave a feedback based on your experience of playing the new content.

• Please reply to this thread to leave your feedback.
    • Please only post feedback pertaining to the version update and digest video in this thread.
    • To better collect your feedback, we ask that you post one specific feedback per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
    • Before posting your feedback, check the thread to see if similar feedback was already mentioned and hit the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the same feedback.
    (12)

Player
    Much like the cait sith htb, not much more than an awkward shrug about doing it. Gonna pass on this one too.

Change the cape to a belt, change the belt to an earring, all jobs, double the values on the foods, then there will be a little bit of interest.
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Happy to witness this version update. August adjustments and additions are fabulous ! HUGE pleasant surprise with more advanced foods all with desirable boons for top end players. Alexander treasures are very impressive, I am sure many will be immediately added onto player wish lists. Merit reallocation for RDM is correctly in line with the theme of the job. BRAVO. If future jobs that are in line to obtain a job adjustment receive the proper and attentive adjustment RDM received this month along with the initial adjustment, there will be many grateful fans for sure.

Edit: On behalf of those players who will enjoy August's content additions and future FFXI improvements and the dedicated efforts of Mr. Fujito and Mr. Matsui and all team members working on FFXI development; I denounce malcontent trolling comments that appear as a reply in this topic.

Please remember to be gracious when communicating constructive feedback.
    (4)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 08-06-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Character
    Pellerian
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It's so great that Mr. Matsui and Mr. Fujito are consistently reaching out to the Western players in the US & EU and wish to read about our dedicated feedback on the growing legacy that has become of FFXI. As Tullemore of Asura stated before, please keep up the fantastic work that you and your team are doing each and every month!!

That being said, I have a few questions I am hoping will see either answers or improvements in the next coming updates.

1.) Being a long time tank, will we see some minor adjustments to the ability timers to Paladin and Runefencer? Preferably and minor reduction on recast timers of some our consistent cool downs like sentinel or Palisade or sword play? This would allow us to rely more on our class abilities rather than on spells.

2.) Can we see further development on job specific equipment at the 99/119 level? With the existence of the ambuscade WS weapons I feel as though the JSE weapons have all been forgotten.

Thank you again for all you consistent and hard work!!
    (1)

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thank you for the great merit categories for RDM (though they may be a little too great, so hard to choose now...). I just have one small request, would it be possible to swap the augments on relic hands and feet? That would give the pieces a much better synergy, with enhancing magic duration augment on the hands along with enhancing magic skill, and immunobreak augment on the feet along with enfeebling magic skill.

Thank you again for all your hard work.
    (3)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thank you for the RDM adjustments! I truly appreciate it.

All right! I am gonna back to beautiful Vana'diel. See you later!
    (2)

Character
    Zetara
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    PLEASE READ:

FFXI is the most fun and rewarding online game I have played. It may be older, but it plays amazing and the new content that has been added is fantastic. The Alexander fight will be a nice challenge and is a great addition in my opinion. But after beating a high tier fight and obtaining all the spoils....then what?

Let's not forget, we are Adventurer's! That being said, have you considered adding other simple changes for content that aren't battlefield/instance related? For example, you mentioned awhile back that you wanted players to go to less traveled zones and experience those areas in Vana'diel again. Yet the reality is, that for some of these zones, there is little to no incentive to explore them. Rather than having so few zones with Apex monsters, would it be beneficial to place "new" or existing higher level monsters similar to Apex, so that Capacity Points parties may explore and discover new camps, new farming methods and perhaps even new notorious monsters related to the level 99 and I-level state of the game?

This would allow us to be the adventurer's that we once were, being able to discover newly added mobs in older, less traveled zones and teaming up with others to gain experience, capacity points, or farm materials. Throwing in a high level notorious monster similar to Domain Invasion, where anyone that wants to participate may do so, would also throw great player cooperation into the mix.

Thank you!
    Z
    (0)

Character
    Zetara
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I can appreciate the job adjustments even though these two in particular are not my main jobs. Changing spells from merits to scrolls is a great change. With the exception of some other minor adjustments and already known issues, the game is the most balanced I've ever seen it before. It's fantastic!

Speaking of job adjustments however, there is only one job that I have played that has been deemed not useful. This job used to be great for several reasons, mainly its damage output. I'm talking about Ranger. I have a decently geared Ranger and the damage output is low. It's abilities are stale and are no longer tactical. Eagle Eye Shot has become useless as a last resort damage spike, barrage is ok but does the same amount of damage as your best weapon skill, and more.

I'm not a person to complain, nor am I going to simply say, "raise Ranger damage output", but if more damage is not viable, how about changing some of the job abilities to be tactical, precise, patient and exciting? If the Ranger stays as is, it will continue to be somewhat useless compared to what other back line jobs can do.

The Thief is a great example to compare to the staleness of Ranger. When I see a Thief play, they are always adjusting their placement, dictating where the monsters attention and enmity will be directed, putting out high damage numbers and using abilities constantly to "direct" the battle and maximize their desired outcome. Thief is very active and exciting because of this. If a Thief were to engage in auto-attack and do an occasional weapon skill, that would seem pretty boring, right?

Well, the Ranger does just that, Ranged Attacks and the occasional weapon skill... Cool, they can improve their ranged accuracy and toss on a bounty shot and do some low damage weapon skill, but where are the tactics, the excitement and the maximization of using it's abilities at the most precise times? I just don't see it. Again, I'm not complaining about the job nor am I shouting to raise the damage because simply raising its damage output still wouldn't make it more of an active and exciting job. I would absolutely love to see some out of the box thinking of different adjustments to its abilities.

I also realize it was implemented into the game as a damage dealer job, but what if it wasn't? What if, similar to Dragoon (my most loved job of all <3), it were to be a Damage Dealer/ Support job in which it's abilities were similar to Thief, in terms of enmity control and "directing" the overall battle, precisely, from a distance?

Thanks for reading and not forgetting about us in the USA who love Final Fantasy XI.

Sincerely,
    Z
    (0)
    Last edited by Zetara; 08-07-2019 at 02:12 AM.

Character
    Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Hello, as someone getting back into RDM after about 8-9 years of not playing it, thank you for the updates! Not having to choose between spells is such a great benefit.

Also, I want to thank you for reaching out to the English-speaking community!
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    @ Zetara

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ntent-addition

I also agree that it would be greatly beneficial to add numerous Apex class enemies in camps to diminish the bottle-necking. Either Quadruple the current area accomodations and apex enemy spawns or utilize the vastness of Vana'diel areas that don't fall under the bracket of the Seekers of Adoulin expansion. On Asura the bottle-necking is so bad for desirable camps it is discouraging to travel to the locations already knowing the conditions there.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast