Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Omen and the S.Astral debacle: I need people on board with this !

I would like to propose an improvement that would be a significant quality of life upgrade for everyone connecting to Omen content. -> https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Omen <-

Since the introduction of S. Astral Detritus ( https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/S._Astral_Detritus ) there has been a fierce reluctance surrounding a large segment of players to cooperate concerning Mystical canteen K.I. consumption.

Inclusion frequency is down a lot. Due to the current, primitive, way Square Enix has introduced the Crystal of Swart Astral Detritus item to Omen treasure, multi-player activity is diminished. Excitement is diminished. Boss encounters are diminished. Capability to reforge AF from +2 to +3 is diminished. Point blank it is BAD for this to persist as it currently is.

So HERE is the fix:

Voucher items are created to handle the S.astral distribution concerning Omen (this could work in fantastic way for Dynamis{D} too, but let's focus on Omen first).
    S.Astral voucher ~ SE can name these whatever the heck they like but you get the idea ~ are traded to the Goblin Coelestrox NPC in Reisenjima for a reward of proposing 4-5 S.astral per voucher.
    S.Astral voucher are obtained GLOBALLY by anyone within the instance of the Omen battlefield WHEN the omen battlefield issues the rewards for a AF Reforge Card. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Omen#Omens_Currency
    It's an automatic 100% corresponding interface attachment. Your team proc's a reward for a Job Card and when that happens everyone obtains S.Astral voucher for each Job Card rewarded in their own inventory as a personal treasure.

This needs to be done. Square Enix needs to take a programming perspective and philosophy of facilitating inclusiveness for our community with the intellectual realization that content can not be designed that degenerates multiplayer activities in a MMO format.

PLEASE feed input into the Square Enix FFXI Digest topic (this is what the ffxi dev team reads) and link this topic.
    (7)

Player
    I just want to preface this with that idea would never work.

But. You know something is very wrong when there aren't card shouts DURING THE CARD CAMPAIGN. Because everyone would rather solo for Detreitus.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If the applied corresponding attachment of a drop is too difficult for Square Enix to perform, then Square Enix could remove S.Astral detritus from being a direct drop completely and place it into a Records of Eminence objective with the reward of a S.Astral voucher.

Very simple: Records of Eminence objective = Obtain a Job Card : Records of Eminence reward = S.Astral voucher + 500 exp + 500 capacity points
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It is never too hurt to join an event-based linkshell to do stuff such as omen/ballista/dynamis/ambuscade/etc. Without one, all you could think Asura is a merc server. Where do I get "shouts" from...? Discord.

By the way, I like Tullemore's idea. You want everyone to have a fair chance.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Attention: Square-Enix | FFXI development team : Is there any consideration ongoing to implement this proposed adjustment?
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    This needs to be done. Square Enix needs to take a programming perspective and philosophy of facilitating inclusiveness for our community with the intellectual realization that content can not be designed that degenerates multiplayer activities in a MMO format.
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    multi-player activity is diminished
    I think you'll find that it's diminished because approx 50% if not more of the server "multi-box" (hence almost every character has 1~5 other characters on constant auto-follow).
    Even people writing in this very thread use more than 5 different characters to do content.

One example is a group on constant auto follow repeating the same actions all day and night. Get exp, do a high tier battle, get exp, do a high tier battle. I don't think I've ever seen "them" do anything else. They run through Escha areas all stuck together ploughing through everything in front of them, and other people with scripted/movement.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 08-25-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Correct, @Sirmarki: But for the rest of us that are not violating terms of service through the use of unauthorized third party programs there needs to be an adjustment to the S.Astral item as it is sourced so that players that cooperate, to defeat the challenges the Omen battles offer, do not suffer the penalty of a drastic reduction of S.Astral acquisition compared to entering Omen alone or in pairs with absolutely no intent of encountering a boss. Considering how Omen subjects us to use a corresponding job to obtain AF reforge cards for that particular job, even that aspect of character development suffers as your S.Astral acquisition is diminished with lower treasure hunter job traits or kill speed. Several jobs, especially those that aren't already decked out in full complete sets of BiS equipment have a extremely difficult challenge to complete the floor objectives to continue to the next floor without timing out.
    (1)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 02-04-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Omen is still suffering from it's current content status. Switching S.astrals to a Records of Eminence objective and reward and removing the direct drops will solve this.
    (1)

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Personally I would like to simply be able to exchange cards for S.astrals via the currently existing exchange goblin, preferably at a rate of 1:1. I've long since upgraded all the AF I care to bother with and now have a bunch of extra cards for various jobs filling up inventory space on the off chance I level a new job and need to exchange them (but then I would still have cards left over because they aren't all stacks of 10), but i'd much rather just turn them into Swarts.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Please enable the proposed change for S.Astrals into a RoE personal reward as suggested and out of the default treasure pool. This issue has needed this adjustment since the S.Astral was conceived.

Guess i should have linked this thread to the Q&A.

Justifiably calling for policy which encourages coordination among our players is the right thing to do.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast