Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Come on, this is ridiculous. Surely, someone at SE can spend 10 minutes to figure out why the switch from POL to FFXI is taking 30-40 seconds with the new installer.
    (0)

Character
    Namingway
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Happens to me as well.

Sometimes; 30 seconds and then other times 0 seconds.
    (0)
    Trying to get a project to go from idea to active!

Greetings,

If you're still experienging long delay transitioning from the PlayOnline Viewer screen to the FINAL FANTASY XI screen, we'd like you to please submit a bug report using the template with as much details as possible.
    • How often is this occurring? (Every time, sometime)
    • Have you reinstalled FINAL FANTASY XI on the same PC in the past?
    • When exactly does the delay happen? (Transitioning from PlayOnline Viewer to FINAL FANTASY XI, or is it after hitting the Play button in the game?)

Thank you.
    (2)

Player
    Try whitelisting the game files in your anti-virus software. The AV might be taking its time scanning everything before switching to FFXI.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TehBeast View Post
    Try whitelisting the game files in your anti-virus software. The AV might be taking its time scanning everything before switching to FFXI.
    Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately this did not work.

I've never actually changed my brand of AV software, and this was never an issue with the previous installations.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Greetings,

If you're still experienging long delay transitioning from the PlayOnline Viewer screen to the FINAL FANTASY XI screen, we'd like you to please submit a bug report using the template with as much details as possible.
    • How often is this occurring? (Every time, sometime)
    • Have you reinstalled FINAL FANTASY XI on the same PC in the past?
    • When exactly does the delay happen? (Transitioning from PlayOnline Viewer to FINAL FANTASY XI, or is it after hitting the Play button in the game?)

Thank you.
    Done. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...602#post618602
    (0)

Salutations adventurers,

We're currently investigating this issue, but please bear with us that it may take some time to determine the cause.

Thanks!
    (3)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okieeomi View Post
    Salutations adventurers,

We're currently investigating this issue, but please bear with us that it may take some time to determine the cause.

Thanks!
    I had a brief look myself looking at an older, but up-to-date installation on my nephews tablet (in other words not the new installer).

I've noticed a couple of things. On the tablet there are numerous registry entries relating to the configuration of FFXI.
    However, none of these registry entries exist on my PC which has FFXI installed with the latest installer.

Another thing I have noticed, is that when I save my configuration with the FINAL FANTASY XI Config tool - A brief DOS box appears with an error saying "Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXI.XML". Yet, the Configuration saves correctly.

Whether or not any of this helps, I'm not sure.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Okieeomi View Post
    Salutations adventurers,

Thanks!
    Thank you so much Okieeomi. My sample size is small, but 5 other players who have reported this issue in our linkshell, all have used the new FFXI installer and are experiencing this issue.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Hi Okieeomi,
    I submitted the bug report and it was moved to the "Not a bug" forums. See the report here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...t-terms-screen

Also, the bug-reporting workflow that is posted below, and it does not mention the "Not a Bug" forum. Should I resubmit the report? This issue is 100% reproducible for anyone who uses the most recently released FFXI installer.

Bug-reporting workflow: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/35051

Please advise. Do I need to re-submit this report? Or has SE simply decided this delay will persist going forward?
    (0)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 08-19-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast