DRK Lv 99
    (0)

Character
    Shadowdragon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Hello everyone, i am Shadowdragon Prince Of Darkness ( Enkindled ) from Quezlecoatle, you need to concentrate on Dark Knight and ungimp us, i am a Fan Favorite of this Job, you have Destroyed my Home were i came from ( Midgarsmre ) i hated that, us Darks do not use Scythes in real life, u need to make Great Sword a A+ and disremove the stupide Scythe, in reality you do not see Knights useing Scythes in movies or in reality, in reality the Scythe was called a sickle it was used for farming and cutting Hay Fields, only in fantasy the Grim Reaper used a Scythe, and Dark Knights do not reseamble a freaking Grim Reaper, and Further more, u need to put a reality check in FFXI and bring out the True Beast in us DRKs one again, SOULS, BLOOD, DARKNESS, GIVE ME STRENTH, ARRRRRRRRRRRR, TORCLEAVER whoever gets in my way period.
    (0)
    SOULS,BLOOD,DARKNESS, GIVE ME STRENGTH. AAAAARRRRRGGHHHHHHH
    ()==[]XXXXXXXXXXXXXX> Torclever ( All my enemies to HELL. )
    Caladbolg Afterglowed 119 Augmented

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Going to say Otika78's post is comedic intent. If for some reason i am mistaken, some comments. DRK has been attached to scythe since it's conception and introduction for all of ffxi's history. Some very useful utility is gained by brandishing a scythe, particularly with the Apocalypse. It is true that several Scythe weaponskills such as Quietus, Insurgency and less so Entropy do need a power scaling adjustment in the weaponskill damage formula to compete better with Torcleaver.
    Potency from the "A" skill to the "A+" skill for greatsword wouldn't be tangibly significant other than the status menu showing a higher number.
    On an itemization change, DRK should properly be placed as a user on the aeonic Lionheart and a greatsword for SU4/SU5 jse should be created and added to the game for DRK as well.
    As it currently stands DRK is a high powered top tier DPS and does not require any increase in raw damage output. DRK has a job gift progression that is woeful in the area of physical accuracy compared to many other physical dps jobs and that could and should definately be looked at and adjusted to be in line with the physical accuracy gains of those jobs that obtain higher physical accuracy through their job gifts progression.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 06-19-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Reasoning behind the black mage adjustments

Thank you for all the feedback.

As black mages can output high amounts of damage from a safe distance, and are also able to maintain their enmity, they’re very proficient damage dealers. When thinking about balancing them with other attackers, we didn’t want to make adjustments where we simply increase the damage, but instead strengthen their core, such as elemental enfeeblement and magic accuracy.
    (2)

Thanks for the feedback!

We’d appreciate if you could please continue to leave detailed feedback based on trying out the changes, as they help us to have a better understanding of your comments. So be sure to keep the feedback coming!
    (3)
    FINALFANTASY XI Producer/Director Yoji Fujito

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post

As black mages can output high amounts of damage from a safe distance, and are also able to maintain their enmity, they’re very proficient damage dealers. When thinking about balancing them with other attackers, we didn’t want to make adjustments where we simply increase the damage, but instead strengthen their core, such as elemental enfeeblement and magic accuracy.
    ................................................................................................... That's a joke right? The ONLY thing a Black Mage is for is damage, and SMN does it better, while maintaining ZERO ENMITY and giving ZERO TP. The other jobs that can cast elemental magic do it almost as well as BLMs do. Elemental enfeebles accomplish nothing when they aren't even considered for group play. No one has cast Choke Drown Shock Rasp or Frost in over 10 years. Aside from trying to hit !! Helix is 30 times stronger. Elemental enfeebles do 100~ damage per second while helix does 10,000 every 3 seconds.
    (1)
    Last edited by Isola; 06-21-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The elemental status down effects are very effective in battles against enemies that live beyond 45 seconds (as in NMs) and with the itemization/merits buff, they're even stronger now. Think of them in a sense of how offensive geomancy works, just for associated attributes. Beyond what was accomplished with this BLM adjustment with those spells, I could only suggest allowing all six to take effect on a single enemy by disabling the mechanism that doesn't currently allow for opposing elemental effects to stack. Since conception the lighter and darker types have been able to stack in threes ~burn+shock+choke~ ~frost+drown+rasp~. Again the job adjustment specific to BLM was good, but it doesn't address the penalty encountered for multiple magic bursts hitting after a skillchain which isn't only specific to the BLM job as that penalty affects all job types capable of magic burst damage.
    (2)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 06-22-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I appreciate the recent listening to the English playerbase and making changes.

Overview of Concern
    The resistance to Elemental Magic damage needs to be removed. It was put in place over a decade ago to prevent the strategy of 18 Black Mages from using Thundaga III on Divine Might. Respectfully the game has changed immensely since then.

Bosses have too much HP for this to be a fear of repeating history. Relying on Magic Burst is too slow and cumbersome. The only reasons it was used was due to Geomancy effects at the time and all the penalities that melee faced. Things have changed.

Comparison: Elemental Magic vs. Other Damage
    • Magic accuracy should be easy to cap just like it is with melee/ranged accuracy.
    • Other types of damage aren't waiting for a window created by another player to deal significant damage.
    • Other types of damage have traits and to increase speed of damage (Example: Haste, Store TP, Triple Attack, Triple Shot, etc.)
    • Other types don't have a damage resistance from dealing similar damage consecutively.
    • Ranger has a ton of enmity options and it doesn't stop them from doing more magic damage over time than Black Mage with Trueflight.
    • Blue Mage dealing significantly high AoE magic damage while inflicting potent debuffs. MP is no longer an issue with Tizona/Magic Hammer/Support

Closing Remarks
    I think Elemental Magic has a stigma that it's easy and requires no skill. However, if magic damage was treated similarly to other forms of ranged damage currently, there would be nothing to fear.

Please remove the damage resistance to Elemental Magic. From there it can be decided if more is needed. It just doesn't seem fair or fun to wait on a damage window and have all these spells. Only use a few on repeat waiting on next Magic Burst just to get resisted if someone throws out a Fire II in front of your Fire VI.
    (4)

Character
    Poisonwraith
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Do you plan on redoing the merits for RDM spells as scrolls? I have only a few complaints with my magic damage. No matter what I spec to do more magic damage on rdm seems to not matter. I got the mag acc but seems unimportant with nukes.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post

You'd be surprised at how often you can't be at a "safe distance" and still cast spells.

Elemental enfeebles on BLM have never been terribly effective and the merit changes do little to impact that. While perhaps the solution isn't to simply amp up their damage, BLM is very specialized right now when it used to be your core general source of magic damagee. BLM doesn't work as well as other jobs unless you have a party specifically set up to strengthen them, and there are easier-to-come-by ways to do damagee.

Your comment suggests that you think BLM is strong right now, but the impression I get from the people around me is that it is actually lacking right now, outside of some really gimmicky strategies.
    (5)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-22-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast