Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50

"If using a Trust tank re-position so it doesn't hit ..." - How?

So I figure I'm missing something about using Trusts when I read this comment in the BG-Wiki page for the Cloud of Darkness fight:

" Cloud of Darkness uses heavy damage conal magic/breath TP moves.
    If using a Trust tank, re-position so it doesn't hit most of your other Trusts."

Like HOW?

As far as I've ever seen the Trusts follow you around like puppy dogs in a line based on their summon order. So, when I engage a mob the tank (usually the first summon) is right behind me and the rest of the trusts are behind him, guaranteeing that the mob is FACING them all! I tried summoning the tank last but that still ends up with the Trusts all being behind the TANK not the MOB!

Unless I play a tank job where *I* can control mob placement I fail to see how I can control its position as this line from the Wiki infers.

What am I missing about Trust management? How can, say, a THF, BST, COR, whatever "re-position" anything to move the Trusts out of the line of fire?
    (0)

Player
    It's not the easiest thing to do, but you can let the enemy hit you first so that while you're close enough to the enemy you can walk a circle around it. This puts all the trusts at independent points.

Or say you're bst, let the pet attack first, walk your circle then engage.

IF your trusts line up poorly, you can disengage and walk around until they line up better. Not impossible just a waste of time.
    (0)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Ah, okay, it's a matter of manoeuvring them like that, I thought perhaps I'd missed some method of controlling them directly.

Thanks , I see now what I need to do.
    (0)