Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with the latest pitter-patter about FINAL FANTASY XI.

In Japan, June is the rainy season. Before summer officially hits, we have about one month where clashing weather fronts means a torrent of rain across the Japanese archipelago. Some people focus on the negatives, like laundry not drying properly and food growing moldy quicker, but I like to focus on the positives—the bounty that the rain brings means that Japan’s beautiful expanse of nature stays vibrant and verdant. When I think of the summer flora and fauna that the rainy season brings, like hydrangeas and cute little snails, I can’t help but get a smile on my face.

But enough of the nature lessons—you’re here for FINAL FANTASY XI news, and we’ve got it in spades!

For Ambuscade, June’s battle is against magic pots. This is an epic struggle between your party and multiple magic pots, and the timing and order in which you best them will affect how the encounter plays out.

For job adjustments, this month we’re focusing on the black mage. Just like the white mage before it, we’ve turned some spells previously learned via merit points—specifically, the ancient magic II spells like Flood II and Flare II—into scroll form, enabling us to add new merit point categories in their stead. Of course, this means that we’ve had to make some adjustments to specific pieces of equipment.

Finally, we’re bringing you a new high-tier battlefield for the first time in a long while—this one featuring the venerable Odin. The difficulty level is a bit higher than other avatar battlefields to date, and we’ve made sure to prepare rewards worthy of the challenge. We hope you’ll find this the perfect content to attempt if you feel that Ambuscade is a bit too easy for your tastes.

Finally, I’d like to ask about your experiences with the new installer. I tried it out on my personal computer at home, and found both the installation and game pad settings processes to be much more streamlined—I would even go so far as to say they were a piece of cake. Please try them out if you get the chance!

Below is the usual list of items to be added in the June update. As always, some last-minute issues may arise that prevent us from including all of them, but we are doing our utmost to bring you a fun-filled early summer!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
JuneRecords of Eminence・Update the monthly objectives-
Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
JuneHigh-tier Battlefield・Create high-tier avatar battlefields
・Create new reward items
-
JuneAmbuscade・Add new notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
-
JunePorter Moogle・Add to list of supported items-