Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Shinjo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 75
    I have the "Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition". What you suggested worked, thank you very much!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by kaizoku027 View Post
    I was having this exact same issue. After attempting a couple reinstalls and nothing working I ran the Windows installer troubleshooter to see if that would help but now I'm led to a new problem. Every time I run POL Viewer I am met with this. It just sits here and doesn't process anything.

Had no problems with previous launcher but wanted to update.
    Hi Kaizoku027,

Do you have the Windows version or the Steam version?
    If Steam, can you try the method I suggested above?

Thank you,
    (1)

Character
    Raydus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kaizoku027 View Post
    I was having this exact same issue. After attempting a couple reinstalls and nothing working I ran the Windows installer troubleshooter to see if that would help but now I'm led to a new problem. Every time I run POL Viewer I am met with this. It just sits here and doesn't process anything.

Had no problems with previous launcher but wanted to update.

This also occurs when you cancel the error shown in the original poster's screenshot. It's what happens when the installer just freezes and is unable to be brought down by anything but control alt delete.

Anyone have a link to the old installer? Trying to find my old cds from 2004 to install, but that's a lot of things to go through.

I've no idea what's going on, but my uninformed guess is still it trying to find something somewhere that the default install didn't place it -- or perhaps the file (the .msi as seen in the first post) just doesn't exist.

That or the file has a typo in either the search or the file in question.

I've tried to manually find what it is looking for and send it on a direct route, but there are a lot of files to move through and I'm not finding anything that could be it. I've also been using Administrator mode to make sure it isn't a case of not having access to folders.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raydus; 05-18-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Character
    Yunnalesca
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Hi Kaizoku027,

Do you have the Windows version or the Steam version?
    If Steam, can you try the method I suggested above?

Thank you,
    I'm using the normal version. I am not using Steam at all
    (0)

Character
    Yunnalesca
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 81
    I'm very sad that there is no fix for this. Ive been waiting for a long time, and even redownloaded and still same problems. I am paying for a game I cant even launch at this point :/
    (0)

Character
    Yunnalesca
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 81
    Did some troubleshooting again today. Playonline has finally started patching. After uninstalling, POL Viewer, I went into the registry and manually deleted everything related to Playonline/Tetramaster, reinstalled, and tried. This actually worked, thankfully, so I can finally play again after a few months.
    (1)

Character
    Jeanluke
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    any official resolutions to this as I am having the same issue trying to install on my D: drive
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanluke View Post
    any official resolutions to this as I am having the same issue trying to install on my D: drive
    In relation to another issue relating to the new installer, yes.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...page2?p=617819
    (0)

9. 06-08-2020 05:38 PM

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afin View Post
    So, this caused a major headache for me for near the whole weekend. A friend of mine could not do a thing to resolve this issue other than one thing. That was using an old ultimate collection seekers edition installer. This was the one before the new installer was released. It may have taken a lot longer but it worked instantly. Turns out my computer was not allowing ffxi to go into the registry, and we could not find a way around it at all. When we read about someones issue in the eu about it. It turns out there are certain eu laws that prevent these types of downloads. This made sense as the old installer worked with no issues. But each time with the new installer, POL preparing to install (which we got past). but then continually ffxi preparing to install. Please SE you need to address this issue as its still happening? Could you not leave an old installer for download in case this happens to people? Yes it would take longer, but for a new person who buys the game it would not be a waste of cash if they have no clue how to fix the issue.
    EU law that prevents downloads? There is no such law that I'm aware of regarding the EU and downloads (there is GDPR, but that is in relation to data protection, not downloads).

Sounds like a technical issue with your computer - I have not seen any problems in relation to problems with the installer lately, and the original problem was caused by the STEAM version.

You might want to use the template and list details because there is nothing to work from what you have said.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There is no EU law i've ever heard of that prevents downloading of anything at the windows or hardware level.. There are downloads that are illegal, yes, but they can't physically prevent you from downloading them, only get you in trouble for doing it.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast