WHM Adjustments: Mixed Feelings

First of all, thank you converting Protectra V and Shellra V into scrolls; it was long overdue. I am pleased with the new merit categories that replaced them, and overall a welcome boon to both Solace and Misery. Moving on to the Esuna changes.. I much rather have the old Esuna back.. not only did you make it single target, it now has an outrageous recast time, increased MP cost to 161 if you /sch and you would want to switch stances to gain its full benefits. All for the ability to remove amnesia.. well.. I don't care to remove amnesia at this point.. cause it never really lasted that long to begin with. So by the time my Esuna is back, your Amnesia is gone. Please just revert Esuna the way it was... most WHMs are probably happy with merit changes alone. WHM was in a really good spot, I didn't need much adjustment, but now it seems we took a step back. I like the Sacrifice adjustment, but i hope there's a bug right now, and you can still transfer the 6+ ailments while under solace stance otherwise, it's just another nerf. The adjustment to the Su5 WHM club Asclepius feels like a downgrade too.. Imo it was fine as is. Lastly, rather than give players an incentive to WHM more, you have essentially halted non-Yagrush players from casually helping out in battle contents. Esuna was a great way for a non-Yagrush to deal with annoying ailments that plague DDs through Sacrifice --> Esuna but now that's not possible and just creates more stress and unnecessary hassles. Please consider reverting these changes, I would even welcome a recast reduction to Full Cure or lolBanish spells adjustments. Esuna was fine the way it worked before. I am sorry if I forgot anything else, but please give this post a like if you agree. Thank you.
    (7)

Character
    Banhammer
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't have any mixed feelings. They screwed up big time with Esuna, Sacrifice and Asklepius.

First the good. Obliviously moving Protectra and Shellra from Merit categories to scrolls was a good decision. That freed up two more categories for them to do things with. They enhanced Solace and Misery and that's nice but it doesn't really add much more to the job and it won't change anything.

Now the bad.

They gutted Sacrifice and it's now useless. The enhance resistance effect is nearly worthless, especially when you consider the already very high magic evasion that WHM has. Why wouldn't I just cast Erase or Na-spell and take the effect off my entire party rather than be inefficient and use sacrifice on one person, steal a random debuff and gain resistance and then remove it from the rest of my party?

Esuna: Used to be an essential tool for non-yagrush WHM and a tool with occasional and specific use for those even with. Removed 3 to 6 AOE debuffs on the party if the WHM also had those ailments. Now it removes all ailments including amnesia (which typically wears off naturally after between 5 and 30 seconds or doesn't even land at all with enough barspells and magic evasion) but you have to flip into Misery which is gated behind a one minute timer, then cast the spell on a single target, wait AT BEST 23 seconds and then cast it again on another party member. In those 23 seconds, won't you be able to remove everything else off the party with other spells quicker and won't amnesia wear off on its own? Yes. If you're waiting in Misery for the spell to come back up, you lose cure-skin and solace cure potency JP's as well.

All that needed to be done to fix Esuna was to remove the requirement that the WHM also had the debuff. Flipping into Misery is penalty enough. Will WHM w/o Yagrush be able to play WHM anymore? I don't think so.

Asklepius: Anyone that made this was robbed. Replacing an amazing stat like remove +3 debuffs with Esuna with +4% HP returned per debuff removed is like robbing a bank and then handing the teller a lollipop.

Fix Full Cure if you want to fix something that's actually broken and useless.

Change Esuna and Sacrifice back to the way they were. At the very least, Esuna needs to remain AOE.
    (9)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Deede View Post
    First of all, thank you converting Protectra V and Shellra V into scrolls; it was long overdue. I am pleased with the new merit categories that replaced them, and overall a welcome boon to both Solace and Misery. Moving on to the Esuna changes.. I much rather have the old Esuna back.. not only did you make it single target, it now has an outrageous recast time, increased MP cost to 161 if you /sch and you would want to switch stances to gain its full benefits. All for the ability to remove amnesia.. well.. I don't care to remove amnesia at this point.. cause it never really lasted that long to begin with. So by the time my Esuna is back, your Amnesia is gone. Please just revert Esuna the way it was... most WHMs are probably happy with merit changes alone. WHM was in a really good spot, I didn't need much adjustment, but now it seems we took a step back. I like the Sacrifice adjustment, but i hope there's a bug right now, and you can still transfer the 6+ ailments while under solace stance otherwise, it's just another nerf. The adjustment to the Su5 WHM club Asclepius feels like a downgrade too.. Imo it was fine as is. Lastly, rather than give players an incentive to WHM more, you have essentially halted non-Yagrush players from casually helping out in battle contents. Esuna was a great way for a non-Yagrush to deal with annoying ailments that plague DDs through Sacrifice --> Esuna but now that's not possible and just creates more stress and unnecessary hassles. Please consider reverting these changes, I would even welcome a recast reduction to Full Cure or lolBanish spells adjustments. Esuna was fine the way it worked before. I am sorry if I forgot anything else, but please give this post a like if you agree. Thank you.
    I agree. This wasn't an "adjustment". It was a straight out nerf - and a crippling one. Esuna was really the only effective way for non-Yagrush White Mages to deal with AoE enfeebles (of which this game is plentiful). So I don't know what the developers were thinking. But if they are trying to get more people to play White Mage then this was a terrible way to go about it. They should definitely change it back.
    (7)
    Last edited by Dale; 05-14-2019 at 01:46 AM.

Full Cure could use some type of adjustment--its long recast and wiping all of one's MP is penalty enough. Should consider reducing its cool down or making the same MP cost as Arise, or close to impact's MP cost.
    Dev. Team, WHM didn't need much adjustment, we like the new traits you gave us, please change esuna and sacrifice to its original form, and things should be fine again. Adjust Full Cure if possible, if not, it's no big deal we have other cureskin.
    Su5 Club new stats are a joke and it's insulting to anyone who owns one of those.
    (4)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Just from the outside looking in, I had to cringe when I saw the Esuna adjustments. Making a status cure that handles most everything was a plus. Giving it an atrocious MP cost and recast was not cool, when you figure when fighting things that would mandate such a spell can probably easily do it again within seconds. Just pull those in and I think most would see it as a more favorable adjustment.
    (3)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Lending my support here - please revert this. Esuna was awkward and needed some help, but it needs to keep the same concept, WHMs without Yagrush need some native tool to deal with area of effect status ailments - it seems that these days most of them are AoE, and come in torrents. By all means improve it, but don't fundamentally change it. Same goes for Sacrifice - I like resistances to status ailments, so by all means give us more ways to do this, but... we kind of need Sacrifice.

Encouraging stance swapping during fights is a terrible idea. It's clunky and there's no time!

Amnesna could be a spell on its own - with a moderate MP cost and moderate recast so it's not spammable, if SE want to maintain some of amnesia's status as tricky to remove.

I also approve of doing something about Full Cure. I'd even tolerate this new Esuna replacing Full Cure as "Panacea" or something like that. Perhaps ease off a little on the insane costs, though.

Also, regarding the Animus Solace trait, I read that it only actually does anything if you heal for at least 1200HP, and you have to cure for 1300 for the full effect to apply, which is +25HP on the stoneskin. I'm not sure this is even possible when you get the merit at 75! Please correct me if I'm wrong with this interpretation. If this is how it works - while it's not a nerf like Esuna/Sacrifice, and I like bonuses to cureskin, it doesn't really feel like it's pulling much weight...
    (4)

I am favorably accepting this WHM change.
    WHM with Yagrush has had no chance to use Esuna at all.
    This change has made it possible to remove many anomalies without having to be victimized or having to become anomalous.
    Thank you for such a great change.
    Let's all enjoy the new White Mage.
    (0)