Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Please give GM's back the power they once had

Years ago when I called GMs to report fishbots, they would either appear or would transfer the fishbots to GM jail. This seems to have changed as bots now need to be reported though the Special Task Force.

Please give this power back to the GMs, automated bot farming is running rampant on asura, I've reported automated farming bots for over 6 months now to the STF, yet they are still here.

GMs can actually witness them doing the things I am reporting them for, which I think would lead to more timely removal of cheaters.

Look at it from the player point of view. I've reported the same players for months, yet they are still here. STF says they are banning X amount per month, freezing X amount of gil, yet I've not seen 1 of the people I've reported banned.

Do you honestly believe a real player can run the EXACT same routes down to the pixel for hours on end with zero breaks? If this is not a clear sign of automation, I don't know what is.

I will continue to do my part in reporting them, but it seems like nothing is changing, a wasted effort.

Thank you for your time GM Sonnokoth and sorry I missed your call GM Verethentus.
    (6)

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Wonder why did they lose their power.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    All the usual suspects are still there I see.
    (1)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Because the STF does research. But I am surprised the Pwner tool isn't active. Anyone using a bot would usually be sent there automatically.
    (0)

Player
    A cursory look at zone searches in FFIX and FFXIV clearly shows SE gave up on even a token resistance to RMT bots, in both games /searching many well-known zones continues to this day to yield long lists of level-capped keymashed-named bots is it really a surprise they've also abandoned any actual 'GM' attempts to deal with it?

No, SE gave up years ago in both MMOs, especially in FFXIV it seems so they could brag about their lol-4million players
    (1)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I got stuck in a loading screen after zoning. It forced me to log into my alt--on the same acct--and ask for help from my friendly GM. In the past, GM's have been able to teleport a character to their HP's to remedy the situation.

GM Fronzorut said they no longer have the ability to do that and to call tech support. He also couldn't tell me why they couldn't just warp my stuck character to GM jail so I could log in and send a GM call to be wrapped back to my HP to fix the issue. And when I asked him if they had the ability to do it for violators, he told me he wasn't able to give me an answer and said they were not allowed to discuss the inner working of such mechanics. If that's the case, what role does a GM have other than to settle disputes and to fix items that are dropped? You get stuck, there's a warp ring for that. You see RMT, they tell you to report it on the Forums. You have an in game issue that causes a bug, although they have the ability to report bugs, as I had one do this with me a few days ago, usually refer you to report it on the forums. And usually, they just drop a message rather than actually talking to the player, making any help feel distant and impersonal.

To me, the GM's are just lazy and if what the GM says is true, SE also has taken their ability to do what they should do. How do they expect to support a game yet have those that are supposed to support the players do not even care about their jobs? It's not right and I think that they need to do a better job. Developing aspect, I see a ton of care and while we critique in which they develop, they at least communicate well. The GM's, however, now take a backline role in all of this and are far distant in the community. If the FFXI team is serious in building connections with players, they would work on GM player relations.
    (1)
    Last edited by Seish; 12-15-2019 at 01:58 PM.