Character
    Ozaii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Drg's biggest problem. In my opinion. Updated to 2020.

Drg ws dam has been fixed. I think square deserves a thumbs up for this one! You guys rocked it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ozaii; 02-27-2020 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Editing to keeo up with times.

Character
    Ozaii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Drg now suffers from severly gimping its damage due to lack of gear options if it wants to equip magic evasion gear. It doesnt get windy volte like drk and war. It doesnt get kendatsuba like sam. Nor malignance like mnk. It needs either access to some of the listed already existing gear or accesss to new gear that allows them to maintain reasonable dps while rocking a nice bit of meva like the other heavy dd currently have access to.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ozaii; 05-30-2020 at 07:55 PM.

Character
    Ozaii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    All the gear you shared is a major dps loss. Unfortunately. And was all considered before making my post. None of it compares to sets like the kendatsuba, malignance, or the windurst volte gear. Drg is one of the only heavy dd atm without access to meva gear that is oriented towards multi attack/tp gain. Which unfortunately the volte jueno gear lacks. The sacre breastplate also lacks in the offensive potential that the sets I listed have as well. Which is currently the biggest folly of dragoon atm. It has no meva gear that it can obtain that isnt a major dps loss. Although volte bastock legs and feet are not to bad. Unfortunately those are the only ones that arent to bad.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ozaii; 02-27-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    on all my RNG+THF+WAR+DRK equipsets the "Hybrid -DT" sets are dps loss compared to BiS for TP gain; i'm sure the same can be said about mnk/nin/sam.
    (0)

Character
    Ozaii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Well yes. Its a dps loss. But comparing sets like the volte jueno to sets like malignance, kendatsuba, and the volte windy the difference in tp gain is much better on these listed sets as they actually have more offense oriented buffs. But while i do see what you are saying i just want to say it sucks that dragoon has no options to use offensive oriented meva gear. And thats where it lacks at the current moment compared to other dds. If it goes for meva its really cutting out all sorts of dps loss from all 5 slots. Where volte windy gives some double attack, meva, and dt. The volte bastok feet and legs at least give some stp while having a reasonable amount of meva although the rest of that set is lacking in meva. The malignance is just monstrous with the pdl+ dt meva acc and stp. And kendatsuba has a hunk of acc triple attack and meva. Where the volte jueno and sacro have no offensive prowess whatsoever. Except maybe counter on sacro but dragoons are designed to have minimal hate. So thats not going to be beneficial except for niche solo dd/tank situations. So yes while its viable for meva alone. Drg is one of the only dps at this time who lacks an option to use offensive oriented meva gear and has to resort to dropping its dps more so than other jobs do when they have to swap into meva. Which is a flaw in gear availibility to the job.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ozaii; 02-27-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Player
    IMO the real drawback of Drg is Call Wyvern, if the Wyvern dies (or the player dies) the 20 minute recast is rather like a 20 minute raise sickness, the buffs the Wyvern grants are far too important to the job performing reasonably to be locked away by a timer like that. If it were up to me, I'd put it on a 2 minute timer.
    (1)

Character
    Ozaii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    IMO the real drawback of Drg is Call Wyvern, if the Wyvern dies (or the player dies) the 20 minute recast is rather like a 20 minute raise sickness, the buffs the Wyvern grants are far too important to the job performing reasonably to be locked away by a timer like that. If it were up to me, I'd put it on a 2 minute timer.
    This is also a big issue i agree. But is only a big deal on fights like kei. Where you constantly lose wyvern/die. Drg doesnt die often enough due to jumps and such. And the wyvern doesnt die really except to gimmicks like doom or insta deaths since they added so much dt through the neck and other gears. But when its on that cooldown drg feels so weak.
    (0)

Character
    Catsgoncat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    All these years and LOLDRG is still a thing, sad panda, I am sad
    (1)