Good day, adventurers!

Matsui here with the usual version update roundup.

I’ve never dealt particularly well with the winter, and thus look forward to almost any sign of spring—I say “almost,” because I tend to suffer from hay fever around this time of year. What I wouldn’t give for a real-life Esuna right about now!

Here in Japan, hay fever is mostly caused by cedar trees, and part of me wishes that we could find some ecologically-safe way to chop ‘em all down. I’m led to believe that flower-based hay fever is more common in other countries—do any of you suffer from such allergies? If so, I can only hope that they aren’t as bad as mine.

But enough with the sniffles—let’s talk FINAL FANTASY XI, and a much more exciting topic to boot: job adjustments! What’s the one job you think would be least likely to be affected by allergies? If you ask me, that would have to be the puppetmaster. That’s right—we’ve got some all-new attachments and adjustments to existing attachments that we know your automaton would love to get its hands on.

For Ambuscade, a hippogryph will be swooping in to take center stage this month. Last month featured a rather large number of foes to tackle, so this go around you’ll be focusing on a singular threat. Your hint for this battle is “timing is everything,” as a well-placed attack can nullify its nigh-impenetrable defenses. In the realm of spoils, you’ll be able to further reforge Ambuscade weapons, giving you the edge in any difficult content that you’d like to attempt.

In the meantime, I shall seek shelter from the cold—and from the pollen—in the world of Vana’diel.

Below is the usual table of items to be added in the March version update. As always, last-minute issues may arise that prevent us from implementing some or all of these changes, but rest assured that we are doing our utmost to bring you an exciting start to spring!

Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
March Ambuscade・Add new notorious monsters
・ Replace reward items
・Add further upgrades to reward weapons
-
MarchPorter Moogle・Add to list of supported items-
Battle-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
March Puppetmaster・Adjust existing attachments
・Add new attachments
-