Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    I've finally reached veteran chocobo digging based on 15s zone delay before I can dig. I call again to unhide the chocobo digging skill and a guild npc to be able to tell us our rank up test item. So far I have not found any data on what test item must be dug up to go from veteran to expert.
    I'm pretty sure as an Adept digger (a20, or 20s zone delay) there is no test item. As I leveled I often went to zones that didn't have what ffxiclopedia lists as the test items and ranked up anyway on several occasions.

SE sees fit to give chocobo digging campaigns at least a couple months a year. That is reason enough for them to give it a little bit of attention. I would also like to see digging adjusted so once we hit the daily dig cap for the game to not let us continue digging. By the time I cap out I've often long zoned out of paying attention. By that point I'm usually, click macro and hold down forward.
    (1)

Character
    Vonima
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I have added your chocobo digging comment to the JP ask a dev thread.
    (2)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I can dig in under 10 seconds upon entering the zone now. I am not sure what item I dug up to accomplish this, but recently have been digging a lot in Valley of Sorrows, all over Adoulin and Aht Urghan areas too. Wonder if that did it although it doens't look as if I dug up anything I hadn't dug up many times before. Might it be an item you have to dig up multiple times?
    (0)

Character
    Wolfee
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I also agree with the OP, and think that Digging Level should be available in the main menu.

Re ; the whole "time is money" thing. For my part, at least, I'm not working on Wall Street. I am a Roleplaying Gamer. I like RPGs.

I am playing a RPG character in Vana'diel, and my character likes to raise chocobos from eggs, care for them, race them, and take them out riding around the beautiful world of Vana'diel.

My RPG character is not a banker or a stockbroker. My character likes to go fishing, dig with chocobos, and also to have adventures with her friends and with her Automaton.

Sometimes my RPG character thinks it would be nice to farm gil items, sometimes it is not something that my RPG character wants to do.

Sometimes she just travels around Vana'diel, admiring the scenery. Sometimes she just plays /emote games with her Automaton. Sometimes she solo's fierce NMs.

What I'm saying is that instead of "time is money", I would suggest that "time is a lot of possible experiences." Being able to enjoy those experiences is a very personal and individual resource, as it is the ability to enjoy life and be happy.

I'm happy when I go digging on my chocobo, it is fun.

It would be nice to know what the Digging Level is, since we know what most of the other in-game levels are.
    You're character has no concept of having an numeric value associated with all the vital statistics of his/her life.

Now that I've discarded your entire argument (for me anyway), I'll add that I see no reason to keep this value hidden from the players. The fact it is hidden has kept me from caring about it, which has also kept me from caring that the chocobo I raise dis totally sub 50 in the IQ department.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3