Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Display of chocobo digging level

With the Hyper Chocobo Digging Campaign(The time that rest pass between executing your next command after digging will be decreased) active, this removes the zone delay when you can first dig, making it impossible to even test your level of chocobo digging based on first dig after zone delay.

Because of this we can't tell if we're actually leveling of wasting our time. Please change it so we can see what chocobo digging level we are at so we can insure we are using the Chocobo Digging Skill Increase Campaign effectively and not wasting our time.
    (3)

Player
    Chocobo digging itself, is a waste of time... so... working as intended.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Some of us still like to level crafts. Just because you don't think it's worth it, doesn't mean others share the same view.
    (4)

Player
    Nothing from digging is relevant to leveling crafts. I'm 110 every craft and never dug a single time ever.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Well if you're 110 woodworking, you should know that chocobo digging is the best way to FARM(I said FARM NOT BUY) for petrified logs, aside from when the VW event is active. Also, I'm not FARMING to level craft, I've been 110 woodworking for years. Chocobo digging IS relevant for those of us who wish to FARM for crafting materials instead of buying them.

If you want to buy, by all means it's your gil. Much like it's my time, which I rather use to chocodig and farm them.

Like I said you're entitled to your opinion and way of doing things as I am to mine. Less you want to start paying for my subscription fee, then you can dictate how I spend my time.
    (2)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 01-16-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Don't Worry, Voicememo, she only likes to be negative and complaining and not helpful in any way when she comments (nearly) every time. Only just inputs her pessimistic and downtrodding tone and opinion with out ever giving any helpful information usually needed for the person inputting a question.

And I would LOVE to see what level digging my chocobo is too, since like you, I have Woodworking and P.logs are best attained (almost) freely with digging, along with a LOT of 'metal' ores in desert areas (Gold, silver platinum, orichalcum, iron, mythril, etc...) which i used to lvl up my goldsmithing mule and smith mule.

Saved me a LOT of gil, though it may have taken me a little longer than someone who just buys them from AH and wants that "Oh i need that done as fast as possible because i have no patience." attitude.
    :: Ergo, she has no patience enough to lvl up chocobo digging skill, but has plenty of opinion about something she (probably) doesn't do.
    (3)

Player
    Time is money. if you're spending time digging you're losing more money than you would if you just bought the logs and farmed sparks.

They're (right now) 10k each. if it takes you more than 30 seconds per log, you're wasting money. Less than 10k if you buy stacks with 7 stacks up.

... and once you buy them, people that don't understand the value of time vs money (like you both, lol) will put more up.

But, hey, if everyone was smart, there would be no economy, so, keep diggin'
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 01-16-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Character
    Onimenokyo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I had had the same thought as OP. I too would like to see "Chocobo Digging Skill" listed under Crafts. Would give an incentive to work on it. ^^
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    Time is money. if you're spending time digging you're losing more money than you would if you just bought the logs and farmed sparks.

They're (right now) 10k each. if it takes you more than 30 seconds per log, you're wasting money. Less than 10k if you buy stacks with 7 stacks up.

... and once you buy them, people that don't understand the value of time vs money (like you both, lol) will put more up.

But, hey, if everyone was smart, there would be no economy, so, keep diggin'
    Supply has to come from somewhere, I bet I could buy out AH and whatever else people have faster than they could supply it. And you are also not factoring in the other things that are dug up as well, which in turn reduces costs compared to time.

Like ANY craft, leveling a craft is an investment in the future. By being higher level you can dig up better things. Else why did you level crafts? By your view, time is money you should just be making gil and buying everything instead of crafting.

IF I were capped digging that is a different story, but since I'm leveling, digging up petrified logs and other materials, I consider that a win win win situation.
    (1)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 01-16-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Player
    Digging is relevant still to modern crafting. It's the only source of Lizard Molts, which are needed to make cp capes w/ leathercraft. No diggers = no capes.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast