Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Thoughts on scaling some Enhancing Magic spells and changes for a few?

I don't have much coming to mind at the moment but pretty in general with some, if not most, enhancing magic spells could use some potency adjustments in scaling formula.

Phalanx and Stoneskin is what comes to mind the most that could use some direct scaling in potency formula with higher enhancing skill. I know there are bits of old gear that enhances Stoneskin but that's just it (Not counting augments). And Phalanx II... a merit spell that's much weaker than Phalanx I, right?

Bar-element spells... I haven't got any thoughts really, maybe a little more boost to potency?

Bar-status spells maybe the same for the above, but any info from the devs what it really does?

Enspells, as far for T1 they are fine as is but for T2 maybe should drop the "Initial Attacks" and work on all hits.

Boost/Gain magic stat should have adjusted change to potency formula and not have a hard cap of 25+ stat
    (0)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 01-13-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Player
    Temper and foil might be the only enhancing magic that doesn't need to be .... enhanced. Every single other spell could use... enhancement. technically storms/teleport/warp don't/can't, but stormsurge could be increased.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post
    Bar-status spells maybe the same for the above, but any info from the devs what it really does
    In my experience, it seems to reduce to the duration of them, mostly.
    (0)

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I don't have any information to back it up, but I am of the opinion that Bar-status spells scale in potency with enhancing skill, at least up to the 500 cap given that:
    A) Bar-element spells scale in both duration and potency with skill, and
    B) equipment exists that lists status resistance with numerical value, suggesting that they might use a similar system for spells and abilities that buff resistance and that value would potentially scale with enhancing skill.

At this point I think that they should just remove the skill cap for all enhancing spells, the two most powerful enhancing spells RDM has access too (enspells and temper) are already uncapped, the others would really only be minor buffs.
    Phalanx: we can already buff phalanx with certain equipment, equipment which does not also have any enhancing skill on it, which would mean we would have to balance phalanx+ gear with skill gear, resulting in only a minor increase at best.
    Stoneskin: is a joke at this level, even uncapped probably wouldn't be much better.
    Barspells: are the only thing that might be significant, since they are already overpowered when stacked with songs and runes, however they could easily uncap only the self target barspells, since WHM gets so many buffs to them that even an uncapped RDM couldn't hope to catch up.
    (0)