Character
    Mlrlohki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Downside to January update

The waltz separation is awesome. But the Presto buff has one big downside: it will cripple DNC damage output in longer battles. When you can cap a Step in 15 seconds and be stuck with only 1 FM per step afterwards (even with Terpsichore’s buff), capping all four steps on a target will cripple your flourish usage. Anyone have any suggestions besides not capping one’s FM income when you hit the rebuff cap on a step?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MiriOhki View Post
    The waltz separation is awesome. But the Presto buff has one big downside: it will cripple DNC damage output in longer battles. When you can cap a Step in 15 seconds and be stuck with only 1 FM per step afterwards (even with Terpsichore’s buff), capping all four steps on a target will cripple your flourish usage. Anyone have any suggestions besides not capping one’s FM income when you hit the rebuff cap on a step?
    Have you tested it yourself? I don't play DNC, but the patch notes read to me like Presto increases FM income along with Daze level.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Mlrlohki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Have you tested it yourself? I don't play DNC, but the patch notes read to me like Presto increases FM income along with Daze level.
    Yes, but you still only get one FM when the target is maxed out at 10. So you get FMs real quick to start, but after that, even with presto or Terpsichore, you only get one FM. Sure you can move to other steps, but once you’ve capped out all four, you’re stuck with one FM per step period.
    (0)

With a step duration of 2 minutes and a 30 second recast on Presto, shouldn't the first steps start wearing off once you get the last steps applied?
    (0)

Character
    Mlrlohki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    With a step duration of 2 minutes and a 30 second recast on Presto, shouldn't the first steps start wearing off once you get the last steps applied?
    Presto actually has a recast of 15, and a duration of 30 or until a step lands. But Every step starts the duration over, and if you’re using it to actually debuff the target instead of just a FM source, then you’re probably wanting to be reapplying it.
    (1)
    Last edited by MiriOhki; 01-11-2019 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Typo

I see. Apparently I don't know anything about DNC.
    (0)