Thread: Animators

Character
    Teuphist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Animators

Perhaps some of the development team can take a look at the animators which are becoming outdated. Particularly with the addition of Su5 weapons, leaving animators limited at Su2.

If not any new animators, maybe an option to augment them. Specifically for the Automaton to make up for the lack of useful Automaton augments on Ultimate Weapons (i.e. Kenkonken).

All pet ideas as follows...

A:
    Regain +50
    Weapon skill damage +10% (we have not a single piece like this for the Automaton)
    All Combat Skills +242 (Animators are to Automatons as H2H are to the master)

B:
    Magic Accuracy +25 Magic Attack Bonus +10
    Magic Burst Damage +20 (Literally no pieces exist for Automatons when 'burst damage' has been here for years)
    Fast Cast +15 Haste +10
    All Combat Skills +217

C:
    HP/MP +300
    Ability Recast -10 (Why not!)
    Enmity +1500 (seriously not a joke in today's environment)
    All Combat Skills +242

Path C is clearly designed for the role in which majority of the player base has placed PUP in...Tank role. Increased rates on Provoke, Flashbulb, Shield Bash, etc. Whatever it takes to hold hate in an environment where capping hate happens quick and weapon skills are shooting through the roof.

I really don't see my values as extreme in the slightest. Take a look at your main hand weapon. There are multiple skill increasing stats on it. All of which Automatons do not have while it is supposed to be the main focus of this job. This is a true hindrance to performance as the master's gear options don't always allow for the front line and greatly reduce DPS on the back line.

Just some of my ideas after seeing the job progress from it's integration in 2006 to its stagnation in 2018.
    (1)

Player
    The Su5 weapon has "pet special attacks +25%"

And Amplifiers (most likely) max out Burst Bonus+

Would like to see animators improved though, no new ones though... just improve existing ones. More P/R/M acc/att to reflect the obvious increases that "119" are far from now. Faster abilities, absolutely.
    (1)

Player
    Hard cap on enmity is +200 I believe..
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Teuphist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I stand corrected on that, thank you for reminding me. I'll limit my thoughts on Su4/5 just to saying these should have been animators. Likely for the same reasoning behind why COR got a dagger instead of a gun if you can understand where I'm coming from.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilian View Post
    I stand corrected on that, thank you for reminding me. I'll limit my thoughts on Su4/5 just to saying these should have been animators. Likely for the same reasoning behind why COR got a dagger instead of a gun if you can understand where I'm coming from.
    They most likely went with a dagger for COR because it has an extremely limited supply of ilvl119 main-hand (non-ranged) weapons. The way the augments were coded (augments only affect the weapon itself,) it would have been impossible to do an animator anyway (and would've been only 1x even if it were possible,) AND even if it were possible, you would've gotten the uniform paths A/B with only a unique path C anyway.

TBH, I feel like the current selection of animators is pretty solid. The buffs/stats you get from them are significant and they give a fair amount of control over the pet's behavior. Be grateful PUP is not getting the BST treatment.. BST has no Pet:Lvl+ options, no blanket stat-vomit (it's actually fairly difficult to get any meaningful attribute bonuses for pets,) and our pets' levels are tied to main-hand weapon ilvl which can complicate things when we regularly change weapons every ~3sec on average.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”