Character
    Psylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

It's never too late

Dear SE, i see you have recently "readjust" BST job point, it's a good point.

Anyway, i think you have something to do with PUP, let me explain the issue :
    - Have you ever try to put the puppet in range with a large group of melee ? anyway you have Speedloader or inhibitor or even a large spam of Flame holder, the puppet seem stuck, never use a ws, stay at 3K tp and this way being completly useless ...

Please, do something for us, don't let us play solo mostly of the time, its an MMO.

Maybe readjust the IA of the pet, or maybe create a Ja to force the puppet of using his ws.

And please reply.

Thank in advance.
    (0)

Player
    Well. You have to be adaptive. In a large group like that, you don't use inhibitors, for that exact reason. Also, when there is a large group like that, your pet is contributing 1% of the total damage anyway, so what difference does it make anyway, to be perfectly honest.

Pup is not suited to melee under those conditions really. This is mostly because of buffs not affecting pets (which is terrible, by the way). Now if you want to talk about buffing automatons, when not using overdrive, thats a discussion that needs to be had.
    (0)

Character
    Psylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    i'm not agree with that.
    Puppet will have the benefice of GEo debuff + 2 roll pet roll (atk+acc).

For the test i've made on Halphast without DD (they were buffing) pet ws with geo debuff + roll was around 10/15K.

So if the puppet don't stuck and spam when she have 1K tp, spamming 10K ws every 10s, will not be useless.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    don't use inhibitors
    Quote for 10 characters

Note: Do NOT use Inhibitor in a large alliance or weaponskill spam heavy environment.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 11-02-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Character
    Psylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    i've have test without inhibitor too, the thing i said is : any configuration you made, in large alliance, the puppet do nothing.

And that a huge problem.
    (0)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    As a PUP main, may I make a suggestion; because honestly this really isn't a problem

Build a pet store tp set. It clearly doesn't sound like you have one. What this does is makes your puppet's tp GAIN tremendous in a few swings... I mean like 2 hits, 100% tp... weaponskill, another 2 hits, 100%+ tp, weaponskill etc.

I know because I've been doing it for ages. You'll look at PUP in a whole new light once you have the set-up. This can be accomplished in a number of ways, but perhaps the most efficient would be to have armor/weapon with the "Pet: Store Tp+" trait. You'll probably want it on the weapon, head, body (pup relic is a perfect piece for this), hands, legs and feet, rings, possible earrings, can't recall if there are pieces for back but the ambuscade back piece for PUP is the best in slot to my knowledge. Check "Bgwiki" for details and perhaps FFXIAH.com for gear examples.

Then your attachments... whether or not you decide to use inhibitor depends on if you are meleeing... if you melee with your pup and you have inhibitor, you MUST empty your tp all the time, or you'll lock your pup up... it'll be waiting for you to use a weaponskill before it attempts one... if you want it to weaponskill with others, use an inhbitor but don't melee... and with the appropriate "pet store tp" set-up, it'll unleash weaponskill after weaponskill and won't lock up. TRUST.

Good luck!
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Player
    The adjustment to BST was due to a player convincing the devs over on JP-side of these forums that the "Pet:Enmity" Job Point category was actually a hindrance to group gameplay and made some players avoid getting Job Master simply to avoid the implications of increased pet enmity.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”