I'm experiencing a POL ERROR 4001 exactly every 30 minutes after logging onto Asura server for the entire month of September. The message along with the error notifies me that there is No response from the Final Fantasy XI server and that my connection has timed out. Along with the Error code: 2050 telling me i have no response from the server and that I should check my network connections ect.

I had the Techs from my Internet Provider over today to see if they could figure out if the issue is on my end but there seems to be no issue on my end. I've run internet speed tests as well while my character begins to red dot averaging about 245 downloading and 45 uploading so I am fairly sure that the problem is not my internet at this point. I did notice that SE had mentioned something about DDoS attacks around the 4th and am curious if they think the problems I am experiencing are a result of those.

Someone on the FFXIAH.com forums mentioned that he had been experiencing the same issues although less frequent than my every 30 minutes issue. This person mentioned that after he had turned off his routers firewall that it stopped for him..
My windows firewall is already turned off so I can play 11, am I expected to turn everything off so that I can play the game as I normally have in the past?

I haven't been able to do anything with my linkshell because of this issue and I can't even do solo Salvages because at the 30 minute mark I dc and when I log back in I am jettisoned from the battlefield.